The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3D Pro Zoom

amif2000

I agree the auto camera can be a great tool but also annoying.  I'd like the option to disable it .. don't think it would be too hard, just put a checkbox in the settings.  (If by auto camera we're referring to how it automatically pans to the aircraft you're calling.)  I think we should have the option to leave the camera stationary/manual pan.  Many times, I'd like the camera to remain focused on one area of the ramp while giving commands and the auto camera spins me around and around.

13 hours ago, winsaudi said:

You can deselect the auto follow mode of the camera (aka action camera) by deselcting the camera icon in the command panel.

That's the one that gives you all the, "random" camera positions that follow an aircraft.  I'm talking about locking the tower view so that it doesn't automatically point to the aircraft selected.

19 minutes ago, winsaudi said:

It's already a feature. Deselect action camera then press & hold centre mouse button and slew camera/view.

But as soon as you click on a plane or speak a command, no matter what camera mode you are in, the camera will turn and point to that plane. 

The ask is for a static camera view that will not move.  This, unfortunately, is not currently an option.

18 hours ago, winsaudi said:

It's already a feature. Deselect action camera then press & hold centre mouse button and slew camera/view.

Interesting, did not know that- thanks!  I do agree with crbascott.  The intent with my comment was to be able to slew the camera somewhere and leave it.  That would allow me to play ATL again as I could slew/leave the camera to a spot that's not as demanding on computer performance.  

I'm no 3D graphics expert, but my understanding is that zooming in would cull most of the polygons out of view and would actually result in improved performance, Perhaps the problem is that the level of details on the models is too low and would result in poor image if zoomed in further. Anyway, for those of us with a powerful gaming rig, a higher zoom setting or some form of slewing the camera would be nice. I'm a simpleton - I want eye candy in my games :)

Amit