The simFlight Network Forums

ALASKA AIRLINES

shyguyseattle

hey I found some photos of the new Livery for Alaska Airlines on their planes the photos I have are for the 737 800/900 and the 737 Max-8 and 737 max-9 also I think the one with Mt. Rainier in the back ground is at Paine field and the one that is at a airport is at SEATAC international Airport it would be cool to have this in the real traffic for tower 3D Pro

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=lcmTIs0p&id=A68F2C4934ADAF7513EED1A2B37BCAE1EA4BA1EA&thid=OIP.lcmTIs0ptZYHZ_cnSGeeIQHaEO&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimgproc.airliners.net%2Fphotos%2Fairliners%2F1%2F9%2F2%2F3938291.jpg%3Fv%3Dv4de939d0afb&exph=743&expw=1300&q=Photos+of+alaska+airlines+new+737+MAX-9+&simid=608001873573842645&selectedindex=26&ajaxhist=0

and https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/our-aircraft/737-800

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/our-aircraft/737-900

Alaska Airlines Boeing 737 MAX-9.jpg

Alaska Airlines New Livery Boeing 737 800 and Boeing 737 900.jpg

Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-900 At Seatac International Airport .jpg

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

This livery is already in the game.  

Yes, but for the A320 and A321 only (assuming one has RC for KLAS or KMCO). These would be Virgin America repaints and I'm going to go out on a limb and say not all have the new livery in real life.

I'm sure @Mike1960 (an obvious Alaska Airline fanatic) would also like to see the new livery for the Boeing models - which as you can see from your screenshot is still in the old livery.

the Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-800 and the Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-900 both have the new Livery to what you are looking at was back in jan dude these planes have the livery and I will ague this to the supreme court if I have to along with the planes that they took over from virgin America 

that is not the 737-800 or 900 dude those planes are only the airbus planes that use to be virgin America there are Boeing 737-800 and 900 that Alaska has that are not painted that way in tower 3D Pro for each airport you only have the old livery for those planes so you need to update real traffic to have those livery for these planes to 

2 minutes ago, Mike1960 said:

the Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-800 and the Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-900 both have the new Livery to what you are looking at was back in jan dude these planes have the livery and I will ague this to the supreme court if I have to along with the planes that they took over from virgin America 

You need to calm down DUDE! @hexzed was referring to the liveries in the sim.

23 minutes ago, Mike1960 said:

dude your wrong they have painted all there planes now to look that way ok  I live in Seattle and I have seen them there are no old colors on any of there planes they are all colored in the new colors 

I doubt the Airbus flies to Seattle. Do you mind sharing the link?  The only thing I found was this. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/travel-info/our-aircraft. Ironic they have the Airbus in old colors.

AS_aircraft.thumb.JPG.289914bd9d1d923cd14d0f73157680fc.JPG

When you click on the Airbus it specifically says:
"As we continue our work to combine our airlines, we'll be retrofitting the Airbus cabins and liveries through the end of 2019, to match the rest of the Alaska Airlines fleet. That means your experience on Airbus aircraft, both in the look of the inside of the cabins and in the amenities you'll receive, might be a little different than you’re used to during that time. What's staying the same is the friendly, award-winning service you've come to expect on our flights."

I'd ask that you quit dudeing everyone and act more respectful. Also you might want to cancel your appointment with the Supreme Court. 

in real traffic and real color the livery is wrong because any plane that is not a 737 800 or a 737 900 rather below these aircraft don't have the new livery yet but the 737 800 and 737 900 do have the new livery so there needs to be a update for this with real color for all the airports as well as real traffic to also the planes that they took over from virgin America do and Alaska airlines ceo said that they plan to buy 38 boeing 737 Max-9 and are going to cancel the orders that virgin America had for the airbus neo 

2 minutes ago, Mike1960 said:

what do I have to do so I can update my nygeres then I thought what I had to do was to update my real traffic by redownloading it from my email with the code that was sent with the download in the email 

That is only for the schedule, and plane models. The separate Real Colour packs are for the liveries, and they only will display what Nyerges design have implemented. 

At this stage Nyerges have the new Alaska liveries for the A320 and the A321, the B734, B737, B738 and the B739 are still in the old liveries, Horizon Air has the liveries for the DH4 and the E75 in the old style as well, no other planes have Alaska liveries at this stage.

I have all the RC packs so i know this is the case

Mike, while I am sure that you would like to see the new livery immediately for all of the affected aircraft.  I think that they are doing a good job to get the Airbus shells into the game.  It is actually quite realistic to see several liveries e.g. NK,  especially after a merger.  I lived through the NW/DL merger and there were three different liveries for nearly 3 years and they were painting them very aggressively.  It takes more than 2 weeks to paint a plane (the more colors the longer it takes and there are at least 6 in the new AS scheme), with hundreds of shells and the desire to do the paint line in connection with regular maintenance checks it can take a while.  Hopefully Nyerges can get them in. 

Here is a link for status on AS repaint … looks like they are about 50% done.  

https://alaskafleetstatus.weebly.com/

Edited by DKMMSP
Add fleet update link
  • Like 1