The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with one gate at KATL

Kenneth Axi

I have a strange problem on the KATL (Atlanta) map; Whenever a plane is departing from one specific gate it never pushes back despite it replies "ok". It just stands there and never starts to push. See image:
image.png.eba44b3f7b3b519d3003d8d6815df10e.png

It seems that it doesn't matter what airline or flight or anything. Any plane trying to depart from that gate just gets stuck. Anyone else having this problem?

The only thing I can do is delete the plane.

Running on Win10/64.

9 minutes ago, Kenneth Axi said:

I have a strange problem on the KATL (Atlanta) map; Whenever a plane is departing from one specific gate it never pushes back despite it replies "ok". It just stands there and never starts to push. See image:
image.png.eba44b3f7b3b519d3003d8d6815df10e.png

It seems that it doesn't matter what airline or flight or anything. Any plane trying to depart from that gate just gets stuck. Anyone else having this problem?

Running on Win10/64.

This is a well known and multi-reported issue.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenneth Axi said:

I have a strange problem on the KATL (Atlanta) map; Whenever a plane is departing from one specific gate it never pushes back despite it replies "ok". It just stands there and never starts to push.

Running on Win10/64.

I did a little searching and couldn't find a post for this specific gate, but gate issues are not uncommon. I'm sure that is what Joe was so "politely" referring to. 

An SP for KATL is long overdue, so if/when it is worked on I'm sure they'll include this in the items to be fixed. Thanks for the post.    

• Like 1

Yep that gate has bugged me for ages, F7 I believe it is.  Sometimes it just sits there, and sometimes it spins, depending on which aircraft it is.  The funny thing is that a year or so ago, I actually flew out of that gate on an international flight, and the plane actually did get stuck temporarily ( no spinning, thank God);  apparently someone forgot to refuel the pushback truck or so the captain jokingly claimed over the PA system.  Very strange when life repeats a simulation.  Needless to say I had a private laugh about it 😉

Andrew

• Like 1