The simFlight Network Forums

Avro RJ85 looks totally wrong

Virago496

I've only been playing T3D! for a few months, but i've mangaed to get to grips with the extentions files. I've changed all DH1/ DH3 in a custom schedule for TIST to an RJ8, which should be an AVRO RJ85/BAE146. But it looks more like a learjet than a 4 engined  high-wing cantilever monoplane with a T-tail. Is it something I'm doing wrong? I have T3d!pro (steam), real traffic and real colour bundle for TIST/KLAX/KPHL. Anyone who could shed some light on this?

RJ8.jpg

1 hour ago, Virago496 said:

I've only been playing T3D! for a few months, but i've mangaed to get to grips with the extentions files. I've changed all DH1/ DH3 in a custom schedule for TIST to an RJ8, which should be an AVRO RJ85/BAE146. But it looks more like a learjet than a 4 engined  high-wing cantilever monoplane with a T-tail. Is it something I'm doing wrong? I have T3d!pro (steam), real traffic and real colour bundle for TIST/KLAX/KPHL. Anyone who could shed some light on this?

Even though the RJ85 (AR8) is in the airplanes.txt file it doesn't look like there is a model for it in Real Traffic. If you look at ...\Extensions\Airplanes\airplanes_pack1.manifest with a text editor that model doesn't exist. As a result, what you're seeing is probably the default regional jet.

56 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Even though the RJ85 (AR8) is in the airplanes.txt file it doesn't look like there is a model for it in Real Traffic. If you look at ...\Extensions\Airplanes\airplanes_pack1.manifest with a text editor that model doesn't exist. As a result, what you're seeing is probably the default regional jet.

right, I think i've got you. Are there add on models, or even mods, out there? Or is what you see is what you get and we'll only get them if the developer decides to add them?

Thanks for the quick response though.

On 4/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, Virago496 said:

right, I think i've got you. Are there add on models, or even mods, out there? Or is what you see is what you get and we'll only get them if the developer decides to add them?

Thanks for the quick response though.

To directly answer your question, there are no add-ons or mods. What you see is what you get!

There's a whole list of models that aren't in the game. Generally if it doesn't have a livery associated with it, it's not modelled. 

The AT72 is an example, it was one of these generic models, until it got added in to EGKK with a livery associated.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:57 PM, crbascott said:

Would love to see all the Real Traffic files blown up and started over. The airlines and airports files really need cleaning up. 

Not to mention the fact that the plane livery usually is rather fuzzy, although that might be more a limitation of the chosen design engine, etc.

Hoping this is one of the things Vic can address with the next version. Based on his "bone" pics I would think so, but making assumptions with programming and what "should" be possible is like the proverbial rabbit hole.

Craig, I do think we really scored with Vic's agreement that files need to exist in one place instead of for each airport. That in and of itself was a minor coup!