The simFlight Network Forums

KLAX Supplemental Procedures Info

blacklabelbraai

Hi all

I originally posted this in the Airport Strategies pinned topic, but I think that was the incorrect place to post. So here is the post again:

KLAX SUPPLEMENTAL INFO

I found this website https://laartcc.org/airport/KLAX which has some interesting info, which I can't corroborate with any FAA info:

From the website:

Normal Operations use runways 24R/25L for arrivals and 24L/25R for departures.

...which corroborates what we have all been using.

However this snippet is interesting:

Noise Abatement Operations between midnight and 6:30 AM local time, use runway 6R for arrivals and runway 25R for departures

That would make life extremely interesting!

The website also has the airport diagram, and SID (Standard Instrument Departure) charts.

BLB

Hey everyone

So I'm a bit of a nerd. I thought I would collate and present info that accurately represents which departure routes (SID's) aircraft should take, starting with KLAX. I'll roll this out to KPHL and TIST and the rest (once I get the Significant Other to agree that they are indeed critical to my existence on this planet)

I'd like some advice though, before I start:

From the KLAX RT schedule klax_schedule.txt file the 1st line is this:

OGG, LAX, 752, DL, 2222, 07:04, 12:00, 1, DL

I assume the following (please correct my assumptions!):
Field 1: Departure airport
Field 2: Arrival Airport
Field 3: Aircraft type
Field 4: Airline
Field 5: Aircraft Reg number
Field 6: Dep. time from originating airport

Field 7: Arrival time at destination airport
Field 8: ???
Field 9: repeat of Field 4

Thanks!

BLB

There is a few posts on this already but some corrections

5 = Flight number

6 = arrival time (in this instance) as below, it will be departing time.

7= for arriving planes = departure time, the game doesn't care when the flight left so it can be anything. I use 00:00 as it's easier to type into excel 🙂

and departing planes = arrival time, again the game doesn't care when the flight arrives

8=placeholder

Just remember for arriving aircraft it is

OGG, LAX, 752, DL, 2222, 07:04, 12:00, 1, DL

For departing aircraft it is

LAX, OGG, 752, DL, 2222, 12:00, 07:04, 1, DL

i.e departing airport first, and the '12:00' aligns with the 'home' airport

Regards

Ben

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.cb67b1e0ca197f16eb185529fcdd0753.png

Thanks for that info!

I found a post by @ Braf123456 in November 2018 and I'm kinda expanding on that.

I had to simplify some departures because there were departures during the day (excluding 00:00 - 06:30) that used different SID's and I couldn't work out the pattern.

I thus chose the most common SID for that destination airport.

Also, I have based this all on the RT default schedule for LAX.

I have also assumed we hand off to departure at or below 3000 ft.

All departures are deemed to be departing WEST.

I'm about 15% done with the spreadsheet so far and will post version 0.1 for criticism soon.

Here is an excerpt - temporarily sorted by destination airport to make it easier (final submission of v0.1 will be sorted by time):

image.thumb.png.cb67b1e0ca197f16eb185529fcdd0753.png

Peter (BLB)

image.png

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do. You may want to post a link to the exact post you are referring to.  

5 hours ago, blacklabelbraai said:

I have also assumed we hand off to departure at or below 3000 ft.

You should should listen to LiveATC and/or watch the LAX webcam. Tower is pretty much having the pilot contact SoCal Departure by the end of the runway. Probably closer to 500-1000ft. Also, not to nitpick but a 251° departure to 3000ft has simplified the actual departure procedure. There is a slight turn required at 640ft. In reality, I believe DOCKR is closer to a direct 249° heading from the end of 25R.

Again, not sure exactly what you are trying to do as this game doesn't necessarily fly a SID after the departure handoff. 

18 hours ago, crbascott said:

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do. You may want to post a link to the exact post you are referring to.  

You should should listen to LiveATC and/or watch the LAX webcam. Tower is pretty much having the pilot contact SoCal Departure by the end of the runway. Probably closer to 500-1000ft. Also, not to nitpick but a 251° departure to 3000ft has simplified the actual departure procedure. There is a slight turn required at 640ft. In reality, I believe DOCKR is closer to a direct 249° heading from the end of 25R.

Again, not sure exactly what you are trying to do as this game doesn't necessarily fly a SID after the departure handoff. 

@crbascott you are 100% correct. as usual.

I have decided to forgo the SID's and instead simply focus on what runways should be used for departures, based on the default RT schedule for LAX.

Thank you for your input.

This will increase the workload however that may be a good thing.

On 5/25/2019 at 2:11 PM, hexzed said:

I'm still going to have to do a bit of work to match it with my own schedules, but there you go 😆

Let me see if I can do a diff using pivot tables - give me a few hours 😊

EDIT: I just realized you don't have a schedule for KPHL - SMH

Edited by blacklabelbraai
Brain Fade