The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS Autostart with FSUIP

Hallo Pete,

falls es diese Frage jemals gab, entschuldige ich mich für dieses erneuerte Thema. Aber ich habe es nirgends gefunden. Auch nicht bei Google.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, WideFS, das sich auf einem Client-PC befindet, über FSUIPC auf dem Haupt-PC zu starten? Wenn ja, wie mache ich das? Wenn WideFS im Autostart von Windows startet, startet das Programm leider nicht, was ich beim Starten von WideFS möchte.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe.

Best regards

Urs

Google Translator

Hi Urs,
5 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, WideFS, das sich auf einem Client-PC befindet, über FSUIPC auf dem Haupt-PC zu starten?

is there a way to launch WideFS, which resides on a client PC, via FSUIPC on the main PC?

No, this is not possible.

6 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

Wenn WideFS im Autostart von Windows startet, startet das Programm leider nicht, was ich beim Starten von WideFS möchte.

Unfortunately, when WideFS starts at Windows startup, the program does not start what I want when launching WideFS.

Do you mean that WideFS is not starting external programs correctly when it is automatically started at Windows startup? Does it work ok when you start WideFS manually?

You could try adding
    Log=Debugall
to the [user] section of your WideClient.ini (or add the [user] section if not already there), then let WideFS autostart (and exhibit your problem), and then post your log file.

Cheers,

John

Hello Joh,

many thanks for your quick reply.

Too bad this can not be started with FSUIPC.

Yes exactly what I meant.  

And yes, when I start it with the help of the ICON (desktop shortcut), the Extrene programs that I have entered in the WildeClient.ini start.  But I will still test and test your option.

Best regards

Urs

1 hour ago, Ursli80 said:

Too bad this can not be started with FSUIPC.

How does WideServer (in FSUIPC) know about your Client PCs before WideClient does its connection request?  Even if you had parameters in the INI to tell it about your clients, the process to get a program running on those clients would require something to be preloaded in them in any case.

So, why not do as John mentions, have WideClient loaded automatically via the Windows start up mechanism? It will sit there trying to connect (at intervals) and then become fully active when FSUIPC and therefore WideServer is running?

If the problem is with the WideClient Run command loading one of your Client applications, and that isn't started properly because that client is not yet connected, please use "RunReady" instead. Then your application won't be started until a proper connection exists.

I have 7 client PCs, all of which run WideClient in this way. I power on the cockpit (using one remote switch, and they all come alive waiting to connect when the P3D PC (the server) is ready. Some client applications are run immediately using 'Run' but others which are funny about connecting are started using 'RunReady'.

Pete

Hello Pete,

thanks for your detailed answer.  

I thought there might be some kind of command to wake up the wakeup PC like on a network from another PC.  

But now I have the general problem that the programs will not start anymore.  No matter if Manuel or in the startup.  Even with your suggested RunReady command, it does not work anymore.

Best regards

Urs

32 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

I thought there might be some kind of command to wake up the wakeup PC like on a network from another PC

Possibly (usually there's a "wake on LAN" setting in the BIOS. But how it is used I don't know. You might have to have something which tried to access a file on that PC, but it may equally be a special signal. I'd Google it if I were you.

But in the case of WideServer / WideClient, it is WideServer which responds to requests from WideClient, not the other way around. It would simply be wasteful and possibly a performance problem if the Server had to keep check for any Networked PCs.to coax into asking it for attention.

I use the BIOS option to start up when power is re-connected, so I don't need to attend to each client PC, which would be difficult as they are withing the cockpit shell (in the nose cone).  So I just use a remote controlled mains socket for the whole cockpit.

32 minutes ago, Ursli80 said:

But now I have the general problem that the programs will not start anymore.  No matter if Manuel or in the startup.  Even with your suggested RunReady command, it does not work anymore.

Are you talking about client applications or WideClient itself?  Of course, it is not possible for WideClient to affect how Windows starts programs when you execure their EXE's -- that's something wrong you are doing!

For WideClient, you supply no information to help so I have no idea what you have messed up.  The client INI and LOG files are always important.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Urs,

your WideClient.ini file is not correct. There is no [Programs] section - thats for FSUIPC (or WideServer)!

As Pete said, you want to be using RunReady, which takes the form
    RunReady1=....
and is located in the [User] section of your WideClient.ini (or the [WideServer] section in FSX).  Please see the WideFS Technical guide.

John

Hello John,

Thank you so much for your answer.

In this case, I must either have had the wrong document opened or misinterpreted it from Google Translator.

But I will try it with RunReady1 = .... under User in WideClient.ini.

Thank you very much for your help and efforts.

Best regards

Urs

Hi,

if the WideClient.ini file you attached is what you actually use the try those lines instead.

Also make sure that the ServerIPAddr=192.168.1.120 to your FS PC is the correct one. You can also try instead the ServerName= 

Thomas

[Config]
ServerIPAddr=192.168.1.120
Protocol=UDP
Port=8002
Window=42,122,160,39
Visible=Yes
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
MailslotTiming=1000,1000
PollInterval=2000
Port2=9002
ReconnectMinutes=0
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2

; -----------------------------------------------
[User]
Log=Errors+

RunReady1=D:\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe
DelayReady1=3
RunReady2=D:\IOCards\sioc.exe
DelayReady2=3
RunReady3=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-CDU\ProSim737-CDU.exe
DelayReady3=3
RunReady4=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-CDU - FO\ProSim737-CDU.exe
DelayReady4=3
RunReady5=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Audio\ProsimAudio.exe
DelayReady5=3
RunReady6=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Display - Lower\ProsimDisplay.exe
DelayReady6=3
RunReady7=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Audio\ProsimAudio.exe
DelayReady7=3
RunReady8=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Display - Upper\ProsimDisplay.exe
DelayReady8=3
RunReady9=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Display\ProsimDisplay.exe
DelayReady9=3
RunReady10=C:\Users\Urs Roth\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whisky.exe

CloseReady1=yes
CloseReady2=yes
CloseReady3=yes
CloseReady4=yes
CloseReady5=yes
CloseReady6=yes
CloseReady7=yes
CloseReady8=yes
CloseReady9=yes
CloseReady10=yes

; ===============================================
[Sounds]
Path=F:\WideClient7141\Sound\
Device1=Primärer Soundtreiber
Device2=Lautsprecher (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device3=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device4=VK246 (2- NVIDIA High Definition Audio)
Device5=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Hello Thomas,

many thanks for putting together my WildeClient.ini.  

It works so well now.  

I only have the problem that it opens only up to 9 the programs.  10 and 11 will not open.

This is possibly a limitation?  The documentation also mentions only 1-9, but I have not read any explicit limitation.  

Thank you for your efforts, this is very nice.

Best regards

Urs

3 hours ago, Ursli80 said:

This is possibly a limitation?  The documentation also mentions only 1-9, but I have not read any explicit limitation.  

Yes it is a limitation, only 1-9, as indicated by the document: 

RunReady1=, RunReady2=, ... RunReady9=: These are identical to the RUN options above, except they are not actioned until WideClient is actually connected to WideServer.

John

Hi Urs,

there is still the option to start another 9 programs with the Run1= to Run9= function. The difference is that the Run1= starts the program as soon you start WideClient, were RunReady1= starts the program after WideClient has mad a connection to FS/P3D after it is ready to go. Same for CloseReady1=yes and Close1=Yes, CloseReady will close the started program (with RunReady) as soon FS shuts down, but Close1=Yes will close the program only when WideClient closes. Of cause that can be controlled by FS UIPC on FS PC to send a Close signal.

So if you choose the programs out fo the list you can start already when WideClient starts and don't have to wait for FS to be ready, you can still start up to 18 (9 + 9) programs and close.

For example you previous file part could look like this

RunReady1=D:\HiFi\AS_P3Dv4\AS_P3Dv4.exe
DelayReady1=3
RunReady2=D:\IOCards\sioc.exe
DelayReady2=3
RunReady3=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-CDU\ProSim737-CDU.exe
DelayReady3=3
RunReady4=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-CDU - FO\ProSim737-CDU.exe
DelayReady4=3
RunReady5=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Audio\ProsimAudio.exe
DelayReady5=3
RunReady6=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Display - Lower\ProsimDisplay.exe
DelayReady6=3
RunReady7=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Audio\ProsimAudio.exe
DelayReady7=3
RunReady8=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Display - Upper\ProsimDisplay.exe
DelayReady8=3
RunReady9=D:\ProSim737-2.0\ProSim737-Display\ProsimDisplay.exe
DelayReady9=3
Run1=C:\Users\Urs Roth\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Whisky.exe

CloseReady1=yes
CloseReady2=yes
CloseReady3=yes
CloseReady4=yes
CloseReady5=yes
CloseReady6=yes
CloseReady7=yes
CloseReady8=yes
CloseReady9=yes
Close1=yes

Thomas

1 hour ago, Thomas Richter said:

So if you choose the programs out fo the list you can start already when WideClient starts and don't have to wait for FS to be ready, you can still start up to 18 (9 + 9) programs and close.

I use ProSim, and the only components which you need to run when the Sim is ready are the main Prosim EXE program, and (possibly) the MCP. All the others will connect fine when things are started and ready.

Pete

4 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Vor meiner Zeit habe ich Angst, aber ich denke, es muss ein Limit geben und 9 war ein vernünftiges Limit, als dies vor vielen Jahren hinzugefügt wurde.

Hello John,

many thanks for your answer and help.

Best regards

Urs

3 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hallo Urs,

Es besteht weiterhin die Möglichkeit, weitere 9 Programme mit der Funktion Run1 = bis Run9 = zu starten. Der Unterschied besteht darin, dass Run1 = das Programm startet, sobald Sie WideClient starten. RunReady1 = startet das Programm, nachdem WideClient eine Verbindung zu FS / P3D hergestellt hat, nachdem es betriebsbereit ist. Gleiches gilt für CloseReady1 = yes und Close1 = Yes. CloseReady schließt das gestartete Programm (mit RunReady), sobald FS heruntergefahren wird, aber Close1 = Yes schließt das Programm nur, wenn WideClient geschlossen wird. Natürlich kann dies von FS UIPC auf dem FS PC gesteuert werden, um ein Schließsignal zu senden.

Wenn Sie also die Programme aus der Liste auswählen, können Sie sie bereits beim Start von WideClient starten und müssen nicht warten, bis FS bereit ist. Sie können dennoch bis zu 18 (9 + 9) Programme starten und schließen.

Zum Beispiel könnte Ihr vorheriger Dateiteil so aussehen

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

thank you very much for your answer and help.

I will test it of course as soon as possible.

Best regards

Urs