The simFlight Network Forums

SR Can't Hear Me Say Jazz?

Agrajag

My challenge of the day:

I recently installed a customer schedule for KPHL and today got to an hour when a few Jazz flights came into the mix (9am-ish). For the LIFE of me I cannot get the SR system to understand my saying "Jazz". I found a few goofs where, for example I had issue with it understanding me saying "Frontier" only to realize I needed to say "Frontier Flight", but "Jazz is pretty obvious.

I posted here because I recall someone posting something about one of the "S"-based airlines being an issue due to a misspelling somewhere and wondered if this might be related. 

Ideas? (Thanks)

3 hours ago, hexzed said:

I assume you are running Windows 10, and have done the voice training?

Correct and correct. It's oddly perplexing given that, aside from the lag issue I mentioned, the recognition actually impresses me nearly everywhere else.

21 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Like hexhed mentioned, have you tried different "accents" or pronunciations? 

Very much so. For what it's worth I've done a lot of audio work in TTS and SR. I've tried every variation of Jazz I can think of. 

What file can I look at to see what the game is expecting me to say to be clear? I assume it's the airlines file? If so, that says "JAZZ" which is what I'm saying.

5 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Very much so. For what it's worth I've done a lot of audio work in TTS and SR. I've tried every variation of Jazz I can think of. 

What file can I look at to see what the game is expecting me to say to be clear? I assume it's the airlines file? If so, that says "JAZZ" which is what I'm saying.

Hexzed is correct. I had an issue with United for whatever reason. All I did was deleted it and re typed it in the file and all of a sudden it worked properly.

On 9/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, ashman99 said:

Hexzed is correct. I had an issue with United for whatever reason. All I did was deleted it and re typed it in the file and all of a sudden it worked properly.

So you re-typed United as "United" and it worked???

I found if I say, "Jaaaaaaaaaaaaazzz" it will work, but that's not sustainable. heheh.