The simFlight Network Forums

what United Airlines 787's will look like with new livery

ATC AlaskaGuy

2 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

I wonder if Gabar sorry not sure how to spell that, but wonder if he will be putting united's new livery into KSFO when the update to that one comes out.

Is there a 787 actually flying in this livery yet and if so does it fly into SFO. If the answer to any of these questions is no then it won't be.....same goes for any airline or updated livery.

It will be added to a future RC when its needed for a new airport or updated RC 

UPDATED: Just done some RESEARCH into this and found an interesting article on line which indicates not yet on the heavies but maybe by the end of the year. 🤨

https://aeronauticsonline.com/united-airlines-begins-re-painting-its-fleet/

ok so according to that article you posted in the thread it is saying that by the end of the year they should have all of their planes painted in the new livery, the hold up has been because of the 737 max-9's being grounded so they had to shuffle other planes to handle the busy summer season, but now that kids are back in school that is slowing down so they can paint 7-8 planes a month now but like I said in that article its says that by the end of the year they should have all their planes painted in the new livery.

3 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

ok so according to that article you posted in the thread it is saying that by the end of the year they should have all of their planes painted in the new livery, the hold up has been because of the 737 max-9's being grounded so they had to shuffle other planes to handle the busy summer season, but now that kids are back in school that is slowing down so they can paint 7-8 planes a month now but like I said in that article its says that by the end of the year they should have all their planes painted in the new livery.

Alaskaguy, please read the article again. No it does not say that....it says "It is not yet known when United will paint its first widebody aircraft in the new livery, but it will be before the end of the year"

They have already stated that it will take up to 7 years to do the entire fleet in a previous article.   https://onemileatatime.com/united-new-livery/..

It says "On average, United aircraft receive new paint jobs every seven years, so you can expect that we likely won’t see this new livery throughout United’s fleet until about 2026, give or take".

Will keep an eye on the movements for new airports introduced and any updated RC for existing airports and work with Gabor to introduce the re-liveried models into the RC as and when its relevant. 😉

• Like 1

im sorry u think im being critical but i was rally just adding some humor to a silly situation but if u want to get serious im not an enabler when a disrespectful sumwon makes an obvious mistake and tries to hide behind saying maybe they was wrong when everbody knows they was rong they need to be called out on it especially if they dont own up to it an im not creating any issues ive helped identify and get way more bugs fixed (although there should be more) than u have used capital letters and punctuation so bee careful because when u point fingers at someone theres three fingers pointing right back at u but go back an read the thread and tell me wear a question was even asked it was just u "maybe" wording something wrong but until u start respecting this forum and treat it an others with respect instead of treating it like yur personal chat room ill be here an since the last time I helped u out by trying to get u to think a little all u did was cuss me out so ill reserve my help to others thank u vary much

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1