The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
glennav8r

32 button limit

I purchased a 64 button card from Leo Bodnar only to find out later about the 32 button limit with FSUIPC per device. I thought if I limit the total buttons to 32 spread across the whole card it would work okay but it looks like they all have to be allocated to buttons 1-32 as none of my buttons from 33-64 are working. I have soldered the card into a circuit board so it is not a simple process to reallocate each of the buttons. Is there a way to force the use of the buttons with numbers above 32 thought the ini file or similar?

Regards

Glenn

Hi,,

the structure of the used windows API checks only for the first buttons 0 to 31 (your buttons 1 to 32). It means any possible button above that is not seen, so there is no way to force something as Windows itself doesn't look for it in the first place.

Thomas

6 hours ago, glennav8r said:

I thought if I limit the total buttons to 32 spread across the whole card it would work okay but it looks like they all have to be allocated to buttons 1-32 as none of my buttons from 33-64 are working. I have soldered the card into a circuit board so it is not a simple process to reallocate each of the buttons. Is there a way to force the use of the buttons with numbers above 32 thought the ini file or similar?

The entire number of buttons can be read and interpreted (best sent to "virtual  buttons" for assignment) by using a Lua plug-in.

A suitable Lua plug-in is provided, as an example, in your FSUIPC documents subfolder -- in the "Example Lua plug-ins" zip file. Look for "HidDemo.lua". That handles many axes and up to 256 buttons on a device, mapping them to "virtual buttons" in FSUIPC which will be seen in the Buttons & Switches tab and can be assigned there.

All you should have to do is change these two lines:

Vendor = 0x16C0
Product = 0x05B5

Get these values either from the FSUIPC log file, or possibly easier by using HidScanner (a small usitility in this thread:

The other lines which you might want to change are:

Device = 0  -- Multiple devices of the same name need increasing Device numbers.

-- Logging on or off (to see when numbers you are getting)
Logging = false

-- Polling rate in number of polls per second
Pollrate = 25

but this won't be needed for a simple button mapping.

Pete