The simFlight Network Forums

KBOS RUNWAY

Braf123456

i love kbos it does have a couple of problems with the runways first runway 9 in real life i have seen all types of planes takeoff from this runway from crjs to triple 7s but in the game nothing bigger then a a320 can takeoff from it an second i had a lh a346 going to munich but none of the runways will work they say they are to short for takeoff from here is a little from the game log 
12:00:00 * DLH458 => ADD HISTORY: DLH458:  Tower, LUFTHANSA 458 requesting push and start.
Store stat: True
COMMAND: DLH458 PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 22L
12:00:29 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_E10 * DLH458 =>   PARSE CMD:  PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 22L
12:00:29 * DLH458 => ADD HISTORY: DLH458: Unable to takeoff from this runway. The runway is too short for takeoff
COMMAND: DLH458 PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 4R
12:00:33 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_E10 * DLH458 =>   PARSE CMD:  PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 4R
12:00:33 * DLH458 => ADD HISTORY: DLH458: Unable to takeoff from this runway. The runway is too short for takeoff
COMMAND: DLH458 PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 15R
12:00:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_GROUND t: Term_E10 * DLH458 =>   PARSE CMD:  PUSHBACK APPROVED, EXPECT RUNWAY 15R
12:00:36 * DLH458 => ADD HISTORY: DLH458: Unable to takeoff from this runway. The runway is too short for takeoff

i tried a a380 an it will takeoff from the runway i gave the a346

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

i just like to be able to use that runway on the game 

Airplane takeoff and landing distances are controlled by Real Traffic and not the airport itself. So, @Braf123456, your "issue" is not really an airport issue. Additionally, the combination of conditions and airplane configuration is the only explanation of how a 777 is able to takeoff on a 7000 foot runway.  I found a site that said the takeoff distance in International Standard
Atmosphere at mean sea Level of a 777-200 (the smallest 777 variation) is 8300 feet. So, 777s taking off from runway 9 would seem to be very atypical. 

However, with mods as promised in the next version, you can have B777s and A380s takeoff from 15L/33R if you want. 😉

3 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

Then I can wait I would like for runway 9 to able to let a321 takeoff  an fix the runways so a a346 can takeoff 

I apologize if English is not your first language and I did not make myself clear. There is nothing wrong with the runway 9 - there is nothing FeelThere can do to "fix the runway". The airplane characteristics inside the Real Traffic models determine takeoff and landing distance. So, the only "fix" would need to be done in Real Traffic. 

However, since a 7000 foot takeoff for a 777 is an anomaly you'll definitely need to wait until the next version and customize these planes yourself (assuming that is a feature we get back from T!2011).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bartccost said:

I apologize if English is not your first language and I did not make myself clear. There is nothing wrong with the runway 9 - there is nothing FeelThere can do to "fix the runway". The airplane characteristics inside the Real Traffic models determine takeoff and landing distance. So, the only "fix" would need to be done in Real Traffic. 

However, since a 7000 foot takeoff for a 777 is an anomaly you'll definitely need to wait until the next version and customize these planes yourself (assuming that is a feature we get back from T!2011).

Ik what u was talking I was just saying I can wait I done a schedule an Lufthansa flys the a346 to Boston from Munich an none of Boston's runways work for a346 I can wait on runway 9 till next Version

I think the game assumes that all the planes are pretty close to max weight.  If the 777 had a full load of fuel they would likely need 33L.  The game does not assume that a shorter flight (for a 777 anyways) from London to Boston has allot less fuel on-board and can use 9/27.

On 11/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, MrMatt24 said:

I think the game assumes that all the planes are pretty close to max weight.  If the 777 had a full load of fuel they would likely need 33L.  The game does not assume that a shorter flight (for a 777 anyways) from London to Boston has allot less fuel on-board and can use 9/27.

But what I don't understand is why are none of the runways are long enough for a346 but a a380 can takeoff

3 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

But what I don't understand is why are none of the runways are long enough for a346 but a a380 can takeoff

Because it's length needed for takeoff at MTOW is too long for any runway at KBOS, whereas the A380 barely makes it.  It's important to note that the A340 is one of the most under powered airliners out there.  It's called the "Hairdresser's airplane" because it has 4 hair dryers for engines.  This is why it's takeoff length is so long compared to even larger planes.  I remember an interview with an ATC where he said that the A340 is the plane he hates the most because its take off time and climb rate is atrocious.  I am no aviation expert but this is what I've read/been told.

i

2 hours ago, MrMatt24 said:

Because it's length needed for takeoff at MTOW is too long for any runway at KBOS, whereas the A380 barely makes it.  It's important to note that the A340 is one of the most under powered airliners out there.  It's called the "Hairdresser's airplane" because it has 4 hair dryers for engines.  This is why it's takeoff length is so long compared to even larger planes.  I remember an interview with an ATC where he said that the A340 is the plane he hates the most because its take off time and climb rate is atrocious.  I am no aviation expert but this is what I've read/been told.

i didnt know that thats cool