The simFlight Network Forums

APP in HDG mode

TR3K

I had an issue too.

I was using HDG, then switched to V/L, LOC1 with green was displayed on the bottom of the PFD (HSI), ILS freq and course was set by me OK, but when  I pressed the APP HDG was blinking and LNAV was under HDG, no LOC/GS mode... I landed using the green dots for ILS in the end...but I could not arm the LOC/GS, only LNAV was displayed under HDG even if I pressed V/L.

8 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Please post an FLT file right when it happens so we can re-create it.

Thank you

Vic

I will do more flights and if it will happen again will post the FLT file.

(The flight plane where I had issues was EDDM KIRDI2E KIRDI DCT MEDEL DCT STEIN DCT NARKA Z650 ATSOS ATSOS1F LRCL, ILS rwy 25)

At EBILO the E195 lost also the LNAV, it made a wrong turn.

g3XeFMT.jpg

Yesterday I did some tests by doing patterns at EDDM, with LNAV mode (FMS1) to switch to LOC/GS and also with HDG mode to switch to LOC/GS (using V/L and radio NAV) and both were OK, I need to redo that trouble flight to see if it happens again. If yes, I will come back with the .flt file.  I need to be sure that it was also not a mistake on my side.

2 hours ago, vali said:

Yesterday I did some tests by doing patterns at EDDM, with LNAV mode (FMS1) to switch to LOC/GS and also with HDG mode to switch to LOC/GS (using V/L and radio NAV) and both were OK, I need to redo that trouble flight to see if it happens again. If yes, I will come back with the .flt file.  I need to be sure that it was also not a mistake on my side.

We appreciate your reply and especially your professional attitude.

Happy holidays

Vic

4 hours ago, FeelThere said:

We appreciate your reply and especially your professional attitude.

Happy holidays

Vic

Hello Vic,

Thanks for the kind words, happy holidays too!

I did the flight again, this time I've updated also the AIRAC from Navigraph to the actual cycle.

Flight plan was: EDDM KIRDI3S KIRDI DCT MEDEL DCT STEIN DCT NARKA Z650 ATSOS ATSOS1E LRCL and then on cruise I switched to ATSOS1F (so from initial planned rwy 07 to the rwy 25, this I did also last time).

Some notes:

1. when I planned the flight I noticed that one waypoint was at 1890nm from the previous one , this was automatically so inserted during selection of the arrival. I noticed that, after I deleted that waypoint and when I manually introduced it, was then fine. Look at AXUTA in the screenshot:

WNJKPq7.jpg

2. After AXUTA was corrected, the radial (282 degrees to intercept, D282I) was far away, see the screenshot below (the FL I corrected manually based on charts afterwards):

pHepBJh.jpg

3. The problem this time was after EBILO at the radial intercept, see the screenshot below, it goes right ignoring LNAV (and also I attached the FLT files, e195_002 are before the waypoint, e195_003 are after turning).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1su317t6SSWfT5ObON1zQbJMu58D3dTeo

Perhaps is something wrong with the definition.

msE2vJZ.jpg

4. I switched then to HDG mode, to do the arrival manually,  then to V/L and APP and this time this was OK, landed in good conditions.