The simFlight Network Forums

Is FSUIPC6 free for existing FSUIPC5 users?

Greetings,

The reason I ask is because it's asking for a new key for v6 but I only have the previous keys(FSUIPC5/WideFS) and they don't work.

Your post here says it's free 

But then I go to SimMarket from the link you provided on your download page and it says it's EUR 9.99 upgrade.  https://secure.simmarket.com/john-dowson-fsuipc6-for-p3dv4-5.phtml

I'm a little confused by all of this....

Thanks,

Todd.

Edited by viperxbr

Yes, please re-read that post - here's the pertinent section:

For those users who have recently (i.e. on or after 1st February 2020) purchased FSUIPC5 but will be updating to P3Dv5,  I will supply a free license if you PM (or email) me your registration details (order number and date). As always, PLEASE DO NOT publish your key details in any public forum (or your key will be banned). This free upgrade offer is valid until the end of May 2020 only.

Thanks for the answers and I have re-read the post.

My very first question still hasn't been answered when installing v6.

"The reason I ask is because it's asking for a new key for v6 but I only have the previous keys(FSUIPC5/WideFS) and they don't work."

So if it's free for P3Dv4 existing users, why is it asking for a v6 key, which I don't have obviously, during the installation?  Do I just ignore?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, viperxbr said:

So if it's free for P3Dv4 existing users

It isn't. What makes you think that? Have you read that post? Its not free for ANY user (ie. a registered copy), BUT I will supply a new key free of charge to those users who have purchased FSUIPC5 on or after 1st Feb 2020, offer lasting until the end of May.

keys for WideFS7 are still valid for FSUIPC6.

John