The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 6

3 hours ago, John Noe said:

What should I do?

Provide more information!

What happens when you run the installer? Do you have an installation log (it will be in folder you selected for installation and in the folder from where you ran the installer)? If so, please attach so I can take a look.

John

3 minutes ago, John Noe said:

John, it starts and then the installer closes without finishing

Nevertheless there will be a log, even if it isn't finished. That's what John needs to see. You could also describe what happens before is closes without finishing. Such information is all essential else it is difficult for anyone to help. Don't you see?

Repeating the attempt to install with no changes isn't going to help either. Software tends usuallyto do the same thing if nothing changes. If it didn't it would be rather useless for most things, except generating random numbers perhaps! 😉 

Pete

FSUIPC 6 not registering? Hello, John and Pete I am having an issue with registration:

To register FSUIPC or Wides you need to shut down FS and re-run the installer. The registration options will appear at the end.

WidesFS needs registering before it is used. For FSX and later a WideFS7 key is needed to enable the WideServer part of FSUIPC6.

This is what I see after have registered and enter P3D V4 or 5 and select FSUIPC from the drop down menu instead of the configuration menu.

I have both P3D4 and 5 and all was well with P3D4 prior to the attempt to install FSUIPC6 but after installing it seems to not be registering. I followed the directions as listed and am lost.

I also tried to install in safe mode and have cleared FSUIPC with my Anti-virus/Firewall and still no joy.

Please Advise and Thank You

Btw, the installer was corrected yesterday late morning for a problem registering WideFS with a different name and/or email to the FSUIPC6 registration. If you downloaded before this, maybe download the latest installer and try again. If you still have issues, I first need to know what the pop-ups say AFTER you click the Register button.

Did you read this section in the installation guide (for FSUIPC6):

Please note that if you are re-running the FSUIPC6 installer to register your WideFS7 key, then you also
need to re-enter and re-register your FSUIPC6 key (if you have one). This is necessary as registration will regenerate your key file and the FSUIPC6 key will be missing if you do not include this.

1 hour ago, Thomas Richter said:

after register FSUIPC5 it will create in \Modules\ folder the FSUIPC6.key file.

I have no Key file, and the installer log is silent on registration. How can I register without uninstalling FSUIPC6?

(Edit: I was able to hack up a FSUIPC6.KEY file using the supplied key from SimMarket. Perhaps a standalone NSIS installer to register the key might be a good idea?)

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

How can I register without uninstalling FSUIPC6

You can't, but it doesn't matter. You have to re-run the installer to register, and as it installs via either dll or xml method, and can install in both v4 and v5, it will uninstall first to start with a clean slate. Uninstalling will only remove the files that were installed, so there should be no problem re-installing just to register.

John, I am back to were I was after reinstalling P3D v5.  The installer simply will not work when you have Microsoft OneDrive on your Windows 10 installation.  I point to a folder, any folder for P3D Addons and FSUIPC  does not create the xml file needed.  I plan  to give up for now but you need to take a look at giving us the ability to use the product in a bit less automated manner.  

1 minute ago, John Noe said:

The installer simply will not work when you have Microsoft OneDrive on your Windows 10 installation. 

I'm not sure OneDrive has anything to do with it? I have that installed and running in the background too, and don't have problems.

2 minutes ago, John Noe said:

I point to a folder, any folder for P3D Addons and FSUIPC  does not create the xml file needed. 

You don't point to any Addons folder. The installer finds the only correct Addons folder in any case. You point it to where you want FSUIPC installed. Mine is E:\FSUIPC, a folder i created specially as a common place for it for both P3D4 and P3D5.

The needed XML file is created separately to the actual program installation folder and goes automatically to the P3D Add-Ons folder in your Documents.

This is the way prescribed by L-M and being followed now by most add-on software providers.

Pete

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

I'm not sure OneDrive has anything to do with it? I have that installed and running in the background too, and don't have problems.

You don't point to any Addons folder. The installer finds the only correct Addons folder in any case. You point it to where you want FSUIPC installed. Mine is E:\FSUIPC, a folder i created specially as a common place for it for both P3D4 and P3D5.

The needed XML file is created separately to the actual program installation folder and goes automatically to the P3D Add-Ons folder in your Documents.

This is the way prescribed by L-M and being followed now by most add-on software providers.

Pete

My P3D FSUIPC install worked when it was on my C Drive but I have now installed on a different SSD {E:) as you have.  I did clean up the earlier install on 😄 On installation attempts using the default, the installer closes when failing to create the xml files using the install on the E drive as it did when I first installed it..   

11 minutes ago, John Noe said:

The installer simply will not work when you have Microsoft OneDrive on your Windows 10 installation.

I am also using OneDrive and have no problems with the installation.

What exactly 'simply will not work'? You previously posted that it was a OneDrive issue but your problem was solved.

On installation attempts using the default

You should really change the installation location. It defaults to where the add-on.xml will be created, but it is better to install in a separate location.

the installer closes when failing to create the xml files using the install on the E drive as it did when I first installed it..   

The add-on.xml is always created under your windows Documents folder, as prescribed by LM. Have you moved the default location of this by any chance?
Either way, it should work.

What actually happens during the install? Do you have an install log created (either in the same location as the installer, or in your installation directory)? If so, please show it to me.

I tried again telling it not to create an xml so it would not close out.  

FSUIPC6 Installer v1.1.1
Running in folder 'E:'
Determining installation details...
FSUIPC5 SetupPath: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules
Found SetupPath location: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules
No FSUIPC5 dll at SetupPath location: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules
Returning Modules location: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules
Documents folder location for add-on: C:\Users\diajo\OneDrive\Documents
P3Dv4: P3Dv4Installed=1, InstallType=None, OriginalInstallDir=, FSUIPCInstalledv4=,
       DLLFile=, XmlAddonFile=, InstallDocumentsLocation=C:\Users\diajo\OneDrive\Documents\FSUIPC6
P3Dv5: P3Dv5Installed=1, InstallType=None, OriginalInstallDir=, FSUIPCInstalledv5=, 
       DLLFile=, XmlAddonFile=, InstallDocumentsLocation=C:\Users\diajo\OneDrive\Documents\FSUIPC6
Default installation directory is now 'C:\Users\diajo\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6'
Output folder: C:\Users\diajo\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6
Extract: FSUIPC6.dll... 100%
Installing DLL with InstallType=DLL
FSUIPC6 dll file installed in C:\Users\diajo\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6.
XML Add-On method not selected - DLL installation method will be used
Updating DLL.XML for P3Dv5
DLL.xml not updated as not found at C:\Users\diajo\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\DLL.XML - creating...
P3Ds C:\Users\diajo\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\DLL.XML updated.
FSUIPC6.dll installation completed.
Installing User Manuals...
Create folder: C:\Users\diajo\OneDrive\Documents\FSUIPC6
Failed to create documents directory C:\Users\diajo\OneDrive\Documents\FSUIPC6

3 minutes ago, John Noe said:

Failed to create documents directory C:\Users\diajo\OneDrive\Documents\FSUIPC6

The installer cannot create a folder in your OneDrive Documents folder for some reason. No idea why this is. Other than that, it seems to be installed ok.

Try installing without the documents for the time being (i.e. uncheck the documents section when installing). This should allow you to install and register.

Or you could try to manually create an FSUIPC6 folder under Documents and see if it will use that. Probably also remove this sub-folder from OneDrive for the time being.

I use OneDrive but I remove various document folders from using it, especially ones used by LM, as this has also given me grief using multiple PCs on the same account but with different configs.

24 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

The installer cannot create a folder in your OneDrive Documents folder for some reason. No idea why this is.

If you're running Windows 10, go into settings and select "Documents Library privacy settings" in the search bar. At the settings page, change "Allow Apps to access your documents Library" to off. You should be able to duplicate John Noe's error. IIUC there is no way around that except changing that setting.

Cheers!