The simFlight Network Forums

Goodbye super-jumbos

scoobflight

Hope one day we can see Heathrow in the game, as BA still have plenty of 747s, hope they're going to stay with them for a while, as of now didn't hear of faster withdrawals as Virgin did:(. In case of A380s and Heathrows problematic expansion, this airline is one of the options to stay with "whales" for a little longer for capacity increase as they can't get more slots, we'll see!:)

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Cwiara said:

Hope one day we can see Heathrow in the game, as BA still have plenty of 747s, hope they're going to stay with them for a while, as of now didn't hear of faster withdrawals as Virgin did:(. In case of A380s and Heathrows problematic expansion, this airline is one of the options to stay with "whales" for a little longer for capacity increase as they can't get more slots, we'll see!:)

I wouldn't pin your hope's up, BA had mentioned that the 747s in temporary storage might not return, the BA retirement has been bought forward, 5 of BA's jumbo's recently have gone to Kemble for scrapping a year early.

I just hope we can see the last one flying, it was gutting for the KLM one to retire with no fanfare as no one could go out to see it

Yeah I think those 5 in Teruel Graveyard are not goin'g to fly anywhere soon or ever again... It's going to depend on demand pretty much. They were planning to retire the type in the next four years, it was before crisis tough:(

It was fun to see KLM retiring the type and few days later they used them for cargo flights, even now 2 of the combis are in the air en route to/from China:) I remeber flying from AMS to NRT in the past, nice memories:)

So apart from BA, Lufthansa had some solid 747 fleet but annouced already that 5 out fo 13 of it's 747-400s are not coming back, along with 6 A380s, so 19 of 747-8i will stay for a little longer period as they are less than 10 yo, phew:)

Air France still has on order huge amount over 30 of A359 and one more 789 -> I think they're going to get more, Lufthansa awaits it's newest 777-9 - originally planed to be delivered this year.

777-300 and 9 of course too, config can be very dense, just look what Air Canada did with it's 773, few of them have config of 450(!) pax seats (28 first,24 premium rest eco). Lufthansa's A380s are configured into 509 seats ( 8f, 78biz,52 premium, rest eco) - I am not sure how Lufthansa is going to confiruge it's newest 777s, especially these times, normally I would bet that they go for huge biz, but now?

• Sad 1