The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 777 FSUIPC offsets not updating

Hello All,

I am trying to read data form my sim to improve my home built TQ and ran into some problems reading data from FSUIPC. here is my setup.

FSUIPC 5.153 ( I plan to upgrade to FSUIPC 6 soon)
P3D 4.3.29.25520 with PMDG 777 Aircraft
SimConnect 4.3.0.0

I am trying to identify the correct offsets specially in AP mode. See below output from FSInterrogate2std.exe program.

I can see the value from the joystick input(3330, 3332) and I can also see the values from the throttle lever(088C, 0924). However I am not able to see any of the other values, with AP On or Off they don't update at all. What am I doing wrong?

I have the PMDG aircraft .ini file set to broadcast=1 as well.

My goal is to send this data to a Com port via a LUA script and before go down this path, I want to make sure I am pinging the correct offsets. I am not a expert programmer, so trying to do simple things to get this working.

Thank You for any help you can offer.

Anthony

FSUIPC Data Window.png

5 minutes ago, chanakaf said:

I am trying to identify the correct offsets specially in AP mode. See below output from FSInterrogate2std.exe program.

Do I understand that you want the AP settings from your PMDG 777?

PMDG implement their own subsystems, including the autopilot. The offsets you need will be listed in the document called "Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf" which you'll find in your FSUIPC documents folder. Take note that you need to enable this data in a PMDG settings file.

Pete

Thanks Pete, Yes you are correct, I am looking for the AP settings from PMDG. I have looked at the document(attched) you refer to above, but cant find AP related offsets there, Not sure what I am missing. Probably don't know what to look for?

Other than this, why are those offsets on my original list not populating? is it because I am using a PMDG aircraft? Is there a way to change it?

Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf

3 hours ago, chanakaf said:

Do you mean this setting? 

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

or were you referring to other settings I need to change?

There's only one as far as I know. I don't have or use PDMG aircraft myself.

4 hours ago, chanakaf said:

I am looking for the AP settings from PMDG. I have looked at the document(attched) you refer to above, but cant find AP related offsets there, Not sure what I am missing. Probably don't know what to look for?

On Boeing aircraft the AP controller is called the MCP (Mode Control Panel). It sits on the glareshield in the centre.  Are you new to such aircraft? You are going to need to familiarise yourself with Boeing terms if you are going to be flying aircraft as complex as those from PMDG.

See offsets 6540 - 657A in that document. Surely enough there for you?   It is very comprehensive!

Pete

Hi Pete,

I am Familiar with the Aircraft, just not sure how to deal with the codes and get this across to my TQ program.

I was bale to identify one offsets from the PMDG document that I want to use 6561 (MCP_AT_SW_PUSHED) however this is a momentary switch, Is there a way I can get a permanent 0 or 1 depending on the state of AT (Engaged vs Disengaged)? I am sure this can be accomplished as I saw on some other threads about 'states' etc. But I just couldn't understand it in the context of a program. How do I use this in a LUA script. When I monitor the offset in FSUIPC I can see it moving from 0 to 1 momentarily, so I know I am looking at the correct offset.

I want to know if AT is engaged or not and then pass that variable or state to in my LUA program.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, chanakaf said:

I want to know if AT is engaged or not and then pass that variable or state to in my LUA program.

Use the AT annunciator (offset 6572, the "MCP_annunAT"), not the state of the button! In Lua either read it by ipc.readUB(0x6572) or for a permanently running plug in by event.offset(0x6572, "UB", "yourfunction")

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm having a similar issue. When I monitor any PMDG variable, I get only 0. I've tried accessing the data via the logging screen and FS-Interrogate, and can't seem to get data for any PMDG offsets. Any guidance is appreciate.

My setup is:

FSX SP2 

FSUIPC 4.975a

PMDG 777 v1.1

I added the ini value:

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Best regards,

Robert

image.thumb.png.567c56a4c1423050755cf42dcffd36a6.png

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply! Per the manual (Offset Mapping for PMDG 777X.pdf), I updated the file 777X_Options.ini (located in the FSX folder PMDG\PMDG 777X). All the standard FSUIPC offsets work perfectly, but none of the PMDG offsets work for me.

Robert

@AirPanther : I wonder whether your issue is related to a similar one I am facing with the PMDG 747v3 (offsets) in FSX SP2 and FSUIPC 4.975a that I reported at:   https://forum.simflight.com/topic/89157-fsuipc-pmdg747v3-missing-offsets/?do=findComment&comment=544470

I shall try using FSUIPC 4.975a with my own PMDG 777 and get back to you.

Chakko.

@AirPanther

Hi,

I can confirm that my PMDG 777-200LR v.1.10 suffers from the same lack of access to FSUIPC offsets as my PMDG 747-400 v.3.00 in FSX SP2 and FSUIPC 4.975a and Win7x64. The Event ID's for controls (on the input side) seem to work, but many of the "PMDG specific" FSUIPC offsets (for displays and annunciators on the output side) are clearly not being read/accessed. The problem disappears immediately when I replace FSUIPC 4.975a with FSUIPC 4.974b (which is the last one I had downloaded prior to 4.975a).

I should mention that I also have the PMDG 737-800 NGX v.1.20 in FSX SP2 and Win7x64, but that airplane seems to work normally and the "PMDG specific" FSUIPC offsets are successfully read with FSUIPC 4.975a.

Chakko.