The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 and EHID drivers Devices ?

asessa

1 minute ago, John Dowson said:

Sorry, I don't know Cockpitsonic or EHID drivers (Pete may know more!), but if they register as standard windows hid devices then FSUIPC should recognise them. Have you tried?

Hi John, i didn't tried because i don't well know fsuipc7 interface. so I'll try.

In any case , i use this drivers for win10 

https://www.uweschneider.de/en/EHID_endusers.php

Best Regards

1 hour ago, asessa said:

i don't well know fsuipc7 interface. so I'll try.

There is currently no documentation for FSUIPC7, but you can download the FSUIPC6 documentation. The UI has been re-organised (as its now an exe not a dll), but the main panels are pretty much the same. You can get the documentation here: FSUIPC6_Documentation

Let me know how it goes.

John

P.S. I see you have also posted over in the MSFS forums - but no response so far...

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

I don't know Cockpitsonic or EHID drivers (Pete may know more!)

My forward overhead is mostly Cockpitsonic. I think it came with an EHID driver, but I wrote my own instead -- specifically aimed originally at Project Magenta but then revised to work with ProSim737. The interface it uses is 100% via private offsets declared to ProSim. There's no direct link to the simulator itself.

I've forgotten most of the details of the interface CockpitSonic provides. The overhead is a collection of over 8 different HID devices, but not type 'Joystick'.  The protocol and encoding used withing the HID packets are specific to that hardware, much as GoFlight and Saitek panels use their own HID protocols.

I don't really remember any detailed information about the EHID driver, though I have the specfications here somewhere.  I never had any EHID-driven hardware actually working directly with the Flight Sim, only via systems programs such as Project Magenta and ProSim. PM already works with MSFS, ProSim will no doubt follow at some time in the future.

So the question really comes back to:

1 hour ago, asessa said:

i have an home cockpit, and i have 2 device from Cockpitsonic using EHID drivers.

How are these two devices seen / registered in your sim and FSUIPC at present? Which sim / FSUIPC version are you using?

Pete

Hi Pete, i use my HC with p3d5 and JeeHell and all work fine.

Now i installed FS2020 by xbox game pass and i would like to use my device (untill JH will release it's version for fs2020) with default A320Neo.

I have downloaded fsuipc7 beta, i run it and i can work with my VA's acars well.

FS2020 doesn't see any my home cockpit devices (FCU and ECAM from Cockpitsoni, MCDU by Skalarki, Radio by FSCockpit).

FS2020 see Leo Bodnare boards , Saitek Throttle, Joy, Rudder Pedals, so i can fly with almost all my hc setup (except video for now) 

17 hours ago, asessa said:

i use my HC with p3d5 and JeeHell and all work fine.

What is "JeeHell"? Is that software which handles EHID? If so, are you running it okay with MSFS? I thought 2Mobiflight" was the software for EHID and cockpitsonic devices?

You need some sort of EHID driver. FSUIPC doesn't support EHID itself.

Pete

JeeHell is a free A320 Home Cockpit Suite (lilke prosim) and support every devices

EHID drivers run a win10 application managing devices (EHID Service Version).

FS2020 doesn't recognize my EHID devices (EFIS 1 and 2, FCU and ECAM) so i can't use them.

I don't use MobiFlight

Hi,

no FS did ever 'see' any EHID device as those are standard HID devices but NOT Joystick controller. JeeHell and i.e. ProSim have built -in EHID interface to comunicate via the EHID driver, a network type protocol designed by Uwe Schneider for his hardware for Cockpitsonic.

Because it is a network type protocol driver it cannot be seen by any FS or FSUIPC.That it worked for you before with a different FS/ P3D is only because you used software that has a built-in interface to EHID driver.

Thomas

Just now, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

no FS did ever 'see' any EHID device as those are standard HID devices but NOT Joystick controller. JeeHell and i.e. ProSim have built -in EHID interface to comunicate via the EHID driver, a network type protocol designed by Uwe Schneider for his hardware for Cockpitsonic.

Because it is a network type protocol driver it cannot be seen by any FS or FSUIPC.That it worked for you before with a different FS/ P3D is only because you used software that has a built-in interface of EHID driver.

Thomas

Thank you for explanation.

So i need to wait for new JeeHell 

1 minute ago, Delphi said:

Why you don't conact Cockpitsonic? As I know they developed together with a other company EHID. They might have answers regarding current or future MSFS compatibiliy.

Uhm Cockpitsonic hasn't replied to emails for a long time 😞
But I'll try

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

I am having a similar problem with cockpitsonic TQ and EHID. 

I need to reinstall everything and now EHID don't find any device in the system. I didnt know exactly why now it doesnt work but it used to in the past. probably I am missing some cockpitsonic/EHID configuration. 

I am using Prosim737 and prepar3D v5. 

any sugestions?

Kind regards,

Diogo Santos

• 1 year later...

This thread was rather old, just jumped today after searching around EHID protocol on the web.

Just for the comprehension, EHID wasn't meant to be USB HID, it has nothing to do with Human Interface Device, but rather Enhanced Hardware Interface Driver

The Enhanced Hardware Interface Driver (EHID) is a software which provides an interface between flight simulator hardware and flight simulator software.

https://www.uweschneider.de/en/EHID.php

Here's the input for developers :

https://www.uweschneider.de/en/EHID_developers.php

• Like 1