The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7, Goflight modules not active for Buttons and Switches assignment

cburnier

First. thank you Peter for making Fsuipc7 available, it is wonderful and I would never have thought that this module would be so quickly available.

I have Goflight modules GF-46, RP-48, GF-MCP, MCPPRO. These modules are active with FSX-SE and Fsuipc4, but not recognized with MSFS and Fsuipc7.

Can anyone think of a cause, is it within Fsuipc7 or due to my own configuration, hardware or software.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Charles, (please excuse my approximative English)

4 minutes ago, cburnier said:

Thank you for your help. I was not aware of  the GFDev64 dll, Can your tell me where I can find the correct version for FSUIPC7?

You can get it here: 

4 minutes ago, cburnier said:

I do not have GFDev64.dll at present on my computer.

I would think that you have the 32-bit one, GFdev.dll, which is the one used with FSUIPC4.

Cheers,

John

I have the same problem with my GoFLight LGT II panel. I use it on P3DV5 but I have no chance to get it to work with MFS. I have FSUIPC7 installed and it works flawlessly with LINDA, however despite having the GFDev64.dll in the FSUIPC7 directory, I do not see any resonse from the LGT II. Do I miss something here?

Regards
Oskar

20 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

as always it is helpful to supply the FSUIPC7.ini, FSUIPC7.log and FSUIPC7.JoyScan.csv files. Please attach as zip or the content to your message, but in any case un-altered.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Here ae the requested files. Thanks for having a look at them.FSUIPC7.zip

20 hours ago, John Dowson said:

You are using LINDA, so you need to contact LINDA support. I cannot help you with LINDA.

Sorry, John, this is a complete misunderstanding. I only mentioned LINDA as I use FSUIPC7 for that. The GoFlight Modules in question are completely independent of LINDA. It's just that the GoFlight LGT II Module does not respond the way it is (obvioulsy) intended...😃

But how was it working in P3Dv5? With LINDA and the GFDev64.dll? And you could see the devices buttons/switches in the FSUIPC assignments panel?

Your log shows the device detected ok:

235 Using "E:\FSUIPC7\GFDEV64.DLL", version 2.2.8.0
      235 GoFlight GFLGT2 detected: 1 device 

I'm just wondering if LINDA is masking the input from that device somehow. Try temporarily disabling LINDA and see if the device is then visible in the assignments panels.

No, on my P3DV5 install I use the "old fashioned" way with the original GFDevP3Dv4.exe in the exe.xml of P3DV5. S it works completely independent of LINDA. Nevertheless I'll give it a try without LINDA in MFS and report. Thanks anyway for your suggestions.

Regards
Oskar

6 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

No, on my P3DV5 install I use the "old fashioned" way with the original GFDevP3Dv4.exe in the exe.xml of P3DV5. S it works completely independent of LINDA

Ok, so you weren't using the GFdev64.dll on P3Dv5, so this makes more sense. I have no idea what the GFDevP3Dv4.exe is - does this work with MSFS, or is their an equivalent one for MSFS?

3 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

I have no idea what the GFDevP3Dv4.exe is

It's GoFlight's own driver, and has its own assignments etc. It works completely independently of FSUIPC. The GoFlight facilities in FSUIPC have always been just a more flexible alternative to GoFlight's own provisions, but FSUIPC doesn't handle the displays or LEDs on some Goflight units without using the provisions for GoFlight units in the Lua libraries.

The GoFlight EXE shouldn't be used if FSUIPC's facilities are being used instead.

Pete

Ok. gentlemen, I foud a solution which is satisfactory for me and as far as I can see there are no conflicts with FSUIPC7. I found out that the original GoFlight ESP driver "GFDevESP.exe" works with MFS...😃 It's always worth a try! The only disadvantage is that I need to start it manually. I haven't found a way to do this automatically at MFS startup, but - hey - as long as it works I will be able to click an icon in the taskbar...😉

Regards
Oskar

On 9/11/2020 at 9:25 PM, lonewulf47 said:

I haven't found a way to do this automatically at MFS startup

There are no facilities in MSFS to start external programs at the moment, and its still not clear if such facilities will be provided. If/when they are, I will  provide an installer to start FSUIPC7 automatically with MSFS.

You could start the GFDevESP.exe automatically with FSUIPC7 - check the section Programs: facilities to load and run additional programs in the FSUIPC Advanced User Manual. 

On 9/19/2020 at 11:27 AM, cburnier said:

Hello Oscar,

Can your tell where GFDevESP.exe can be found and where to put it to work with MSFS?

Thanks

Charles

Hi Charles,

GFDevESP.exe is one of the EXE-Files that comes with the GoFlight Modules installer. At FSX/P3D times they were called up from within the exe.xml during the respecitve Simulator Startup.

On 9/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, John Dowson said:

There are no facilities in MSFS to start external programs at the moment, and its still not clear if such facilities will be provided. If/when they are, I will  provide an installer to start FSUIPC7 automatically with MSFS.

You could start the GFDevESP.exe automatically with FSUIPC7 - check the section Programs: facilities to load and run additional programs in the FSUIPC Advanced User Manual. 

Thank you, John, I will check. LINDA obvioulsy uses this feature already as its startup and shutdown seem to be automatically controlled by FSUIPC7.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:50 AM, John Dowson said:

Hi John,

Can you please help me with setting up my GoFlight LGT.

First, THANK YOU for updating FSUIPC. I have my LGT recognized and managed to set up flaps up and down. No problem there.

The trim wheel I set up as trim down and trim up, but it barely moves. How do I make it move a little faster or move a little more?

Gear Up is the only button that is showing up. No gear down button. I was hoping there's a way to get the gear to go down when I put the lever down.

Thanks for your help.

Jose

15 hours ago, DJJose said:

The trim wheel I set up as trim down and trim up, but it barely moves. How do I make it move a little faster or move a little more?

Which trim - elevator/pitch trim? How are you assigning - to the 'Elev Trim Up/Down controls? Do you have your button/switch/key set to repeat? Otherwise, if you have a spare axis, you could try assigning to the ElevatorTrim axis.

16 hours ago, DJJose said:

Gear Up is the only button that is showing up. No gear down button.

Whats wrong with the 'Gear Down' control? Just tried this on the CJ4 and it works as expected. What aircraft are you using?

John

48 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Which trim - elevator/pitch trim? How are you assigning - to the 'Elev Trim Up/Down controls? Do you have your button/switch/key set to repeat? Otherwise, if you have a spare axis, you could try assigning to the ElevatorTrim axis.

Whats wrong with the 'Gear Down' control? Just tried this on the CJ4 and it works as expected. What aircraft are you using?

John

Hi John,

Thank you so much for helping me

The GoFlight LGT has an elevator trim only, Landing Gear  handle, and flaps. The way I tried to set it up was by assigning buttons. Right now the flaps are working perfectly. Incremental down/up.

The Gear only has one button that shows up in FSUIPC. When you put the lever up it calls up a button. When you put the gear down, no button shows up. So right now I set it with one button. Gear up works for both gear up and down.

Example Mooney: gear goes up when I initially bring the gear up. To bring the gear back down, I first put the gear down, then back up, then back down. 

The same with the trim. The two buttons that show up for trim up & trim down are set as trim up & down. The wheel moves the trim but very slowly. I have not tried using an axis. I'm assuming that I assign the trim wheel the way I assigned the yoke?  I'd also like to trim up and trim down and repeat the action so that it happens faster, but that's what I need to learn how to do.

Lastly, is there a way to get the lights to show on the GoFlight LGT?

Jose

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The Gear only has one button that shows up in FSUIPC. When you put the lever up it calls up a button. When you put the gear down, no button shows up. So right now I set it with one button. Gear up works for both gear up and down.

Its probably sending a press on the up, and a release on the down. Try adding the Gear Down control on the release, under 'Control Sent when button released'.

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'd also like to trim up and trim down and repeat the action so that it happens faster, but that's what I need to learn how to do.

Did you try the checkbox 'control to repeat while held' in the buttons/switches assignment dialog?

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I have not tried using an axis. I'm assuming that I assign the trim wheel the way I assigned the yoke?

Yes, in axes assignments.

8 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Lastly, is there a way to get the lights to show on the GoFlight LGT?

Sorry,  I can't help with that as I don't have or know this device. Is there anything in the driver you use for this? Otherwise, you could try looking at the lua Go-Flight Device (gfd) library. See the FSUIPC Lua Library document, from p35 onwards. You will need to GFDev64.dll to use this. There is also a test program called gfdDisplay.lua provided in the lua examples which you could try, although I have recently had a report of some issues with this (relating to BlankAll), which I've not had time to look at (and won't for the foreseeable future unfortunately).