The simFlight Network Forums

Dev mode in MSFS 2020

Hi,

First thank you for this great utility, I was able to configure all of what I wanted to do. I have two questions:

1- Do I have to keep the Developer Mode on in MSFS, after getting the Simconnect.DLL can I turn it off?

2- I use the PFC and FSUIPC  to calibrate my CirrusII and my T.16000M and in FSUIPC 6 I had to go in P3D and delete the joystick assignment for Aileron, Rudder, Elevator and Throttle. Do I have to do this in the control menu of MSFS 2020? Or FSUIPC 7 will over right them?

Pierre 

Hi,

please post FSUIPC7 question in the FSUIPC7-Beta for MSFS subforum.

1- Do I have to keep the Developer Mode on in MSFS, after getting the Simconnect.DLL can I turn it off?

You don't need to copy the SimConnect.dll at all as FSUIPC7 already since the MSFS 1.8.3.0 update links statistically to SimConnect. The DEV mode in MSFS is not needed to use FSUIPC7, it doesn't have any effect.

2- I use the PFC and FSUIPC  to calibrate my CirrusII and my T.16000M and in FSUIPC 6 I had to go in P3D and delete the joystick assignment for Aileron, Rudder, Elevator and Throttle. Do I have to do this in the control menu of MSFS 2020? Or FSUIPC 7 will over right them?

You have to do the same in MSFS to don't have interfering axes controls. In MSFS you can create a new empty profile for the joystick and if there are any buttons you rather want to defin in MSFS then you can do this in the new profile.

Thomas

11 hours ago, nantelp said:

On more thing, I use the PFCcom64.dll and even if I uncheck the  Run connection checks at startup see attach picture. When PFC load it those show the connection screen.

Yes. It's only supposed to ignore that option if you've not yet got a valid COM port set.

I've just checked, and this is due to a difference in timing during loading. it looks like the option isn't applied early enough. I've modified the DLL for this. Please try this version and let me know:

pfccom64.5051.zip 

Pete

Hi Pete,

You did it again, it works now. The load of PFC.dll takes sometime but it works.

One more thing, is there a way to accelerate the respond time of a axis? With the Cessna 172, the throttle respond seem to be slow, I would like it to be quicker.

Thanks

Pierre

6 minutes ago, nantelp said:

One more thing, is there a way to accelerate the respond time of a axis? With the Cessna 172, the throttle respond seem to be slow, I would like it to be quicker.

There are no delays from the PFC driver side. it simply sends it on after calibration (which is merely a short arithmetic calculation). The rest is up to the Sim. Is it just with that aircraft? What sort of delay are you talking about?

I use a similar driver for my GA28R cockpit, one made by Aerosoft Australia and modelled on a Piper Arrow. Sadly there are no Piper aircraft at all available for MSFS at present, so i too try the C172 -- the bare bones version, as I have old-fashioned working analogue gauges in the hardware. I've not really noticed any delay, but I think it might depend on your expectations.

Pete

54 minutes ago, nantelp said:

This is a known problem with the throttle axis (and maybe prop axis as well) and seems to apply to all aircraft. There are other FSUIPC support requests on this issue and I have reported to Asobo but have not received a response as of yet.