The simFlight Network Forums

ANNOUNCING THE COMING SOON PAGE ON FEELTHERE.COM

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

We've got so many requests and questions about our upcoming projects and we wanted to offer you some glimpse to our projects (typically in beta testing already) so we decided to create a "coming soon" page on our website. Please check it out at https://www.feelthere.com/product-category/coming-soon/

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

I don't see how to make a landing on 34L going to apron 3 work with the limitation of six taxiways per route.

Far be it from me to act as a spokesman for FeelThere and certainly I will not recommend any airport, but I believe that this should not be a problem.
Give the first part of the instruction, let the plane hold short and then give the next part of the instruction.
I don't know what it's like in real life, but I can imagine if I were a pilot and a controller gave me a 25 taxiway instruction, I would get him or her out of the tower to drive the damn thing him or herself. 😉

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

I don't see how to make a landing on 34L going to apron 3 work with the limitation of six taxiways per route.

Another suggestion is to initially tell the plane to "taxi to ramp" then when it gets within six taxiways of the apron give it detailed taxi instructions (of course you will have to let the plane taxi via the game's default routing to the apron until it gets to that point).

• Upvote 1

As EliGrim said you can give partial routes then finish it once the plane is closer.  

At some airports where the plane will either fail to find it or accept it sometimes that is the only way to "force" it to find what you are asking. 
In some cases giving minor final instructions will have the game fill in a reasonable front end.  

Such as you want it to take A > B > C >D >E >F >G > GATE.  Give it D > E > F> G and see what the game does for A > B> C as it may come up with what you need or something acceptable. 

The thing is: It does not always work.

When I control DFW, I always try to get landing aircraft take the route from 17L via ER, P, ES, JS, A, K to the ramp. It never works. Not even when I let them hold on ER short of P. The route is simply unusable. The only route the game engine accepts is crossing both runways at either ER or A/B via P.

The same goes for the taxi route from the MA ramp to 22R at JFK, when you try to make it A, W, C, E, FB - it's never accepted although the number of steps is below six (the only route accepted, however, is B, W, C, E, FB, although it is longer...). And when the wind does not allow departures from the 13s, not even giving an initial taxi route to 13L and holding at V works.

That's why I can already foresee issues with LTFM.

Hmm, it has been a long time since I tried to send planes down P, I believe I got one to go that route by having it hold at P after it was on ER on its way to the ramp.  Then telling it to take ES to whatever I needed.  I could be wrong as it has been a while but I do recall getting one plane on it but decided it was too fiddly and required to much precision and perfection to make it work.   Dont recall if I have it doing it on a video or not.  Curious myself now. 

There are some routes that do not seem to want to work very well, consistently or accurately.  That string of commands is pretty long but P being in the middle of it should not typically fail unless there are too many options and it is not able to connect the dots. 

Edit: Lol didnt find the attempt at routing on P in the few I skimmed through but did find on my first North to South run me getting cheesed off at JS not responding so there is something in that corner / string.