The simFlight Network Forums

FlightControlReplay v5 [Released]

FCR5_Summer23_Update_2024-05-07_1080x1080.thumb.jpg.d9a92180f3310440ae21dfc200650091.jpg

Ghost Live is an original feature of FlightControlReplay to fly in formation with an AI pilot. And it's just as easy as pushing a button to activate this feature !

It works with any aircraft and helicopter, at anytime, during your flights Live. 

The AI pilot position relative to your active aircraft is not maintained as a stiff position. Remember that the Ghost is actually flying. If he’s flying on your right wing side, and you take a left turn, he will fly now towards closer to your tail.

Another interesting detail is how the other AI pilot tries to match your speed, and altitude. He's affected by wind conditions and your manual changes on the controls, to make the experience more immersive.

What's new among the videos featuring FlightControlReplay and recently published at YouTube ?

AviationLads
LatinVFR | Airbus A340-300 | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer]

johnny Gaming
INSANE REALISM! Flying from Heathrow to Innsbruck | MSFS 2020

FlyKenku
Flight Simulator 4K | WINDY Boeing 737 Landing into Mexico City | MAX GRAPHICS

1 hour ago, FabioMerlo said:

Hi Rod,

FlightControlReplay can record and replay from all cameras in the sim, in the standard situation. What I need to specify again, is that Cinematic Replay cannot cycle the custom camera but only the default cameras preset in the sim.

As I don't have the access to the core code of the simulator, I meet some limitations here and there. For the same reason, FlightControlReplay cannot read the custom camera settings like its angle or position. If that was the case, I would be able to manage and replicate them for the Replay for example.

So, when it's about custom cameras, you still have to cycle them, and to customize them when able, without interference via FlightControlReplay as I cannot manage them.

Hi Fabio. Sorry maybe I used the wrong words. I dont mean custom camera angles in MSFS. I mean in FlightControlReplay one chooses the default cameras to rotate between. I just want to know which one is currently showing. For example, there may be a camera angle I like, then 10 seconds later your app shows me a camera angle I dont like. I want to know the name of that default camera angle so I can delete it from the list of default cameras I am rotating through your app.

My other question was, once I have a list of default camera angles I like, can I save that list so it persists between sessions and flights and I dont have to load it up again.

Thanks! Regards

Rod

Hi !

I think you can make your preferred order using Camera Cycle Mode - Custom order in Camera MSFS tab in FCR Option .

Yes you can save your preferred order of cam cycle and run it ..... without reset every time

Fabio

Thanks. The list kept resetting for me. How do I know which camera is showing at a particular time - so I can delete it if I dont like it?

FCR5_Summer23_Update_2024-05-17_1080x1080.thumb.jpg.61a195fa1fd15c4356c9bc9bbb986905.jpg

Hello,

Flight Control Replay, the software for recording and replaying flights in MSFS, P3D, and FSX, is sponsoring the 2024 edition of Flight Simulation Expo (FSExpo) in Las Vegas. The event will take place over the weekend of June 21-23. This sponsorship highlights the company's continued commitment to the flight simulation community, providing tools that enhance the user experience in popular flight simulation platforms.

Fabio Merlo, the developer of Flight Control Replay, will be present at the event, offering attendees the opportunity to meet him in person. This will allow users and enthusiasts to discuss the software, share feedback, and learn more about its features and upcoming developments directly from the creator.

The presence of Flight Control Replay at FSExpo underscores its significance in the flight simulation industry.

• 4 weeks later...

The flight recorder does not support FBW A32X as far as recording gears, flaps, and spoilers. The spoilers did NOT engage when touching down for a landing with the FBW A32X. Please look into and revise this.

On 6/14/2024 at 1:51 AM, Flightsims12 said:

The flight recorder does not support FBW A32X as far as recording gears, flaps, and spoilers. The spoilers did NOT engage when touching down for a landing with the FBW A32X. Please look into and revise this.

You are talking about a mod that I did not do, please contact the respective developer. My tool is FlightControlReplay and it supports FBW A32X.

FCR5_Summer23_Update_2024-06-19_1080x1080.thumb.jpg.84c33a11db28800c80b360e317b751fa.jpg

Hello,

It is pretty exciting to confirm that I will attend FSexpo 2024 edition next weekend at Las Vegas, this June 21-23 ! Let's meet up to discuss about our flight sim hobby and vision of the future.

As Gold Sponsor of the big event, I want to bring my efforts in supporting our flight sim community to keep this yearly meeting where simmers, associations, developers and other partners share their passion.

This Sunday June 23, you will be able to watch live my demo (20:20 UTC / 1:20pm local) via FSexpo and FSelite streaming with very special announcements !

E

njoy also these recents productions featuring FlightControlReplay V5 powerful features : 

AviationLads
FlightBeam Studios | San Francisco | Captain's Edition | Microsoft Flight Simulator

AviationLads
Aerosoft | Mt. Everest Vol. 2 Phaplu Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Trailer]

Blu Games
Do Go-Arounds Make You A BAD Pilot? | MSFS Airline Pilot Career (Part: 13)

SIMMARKET Official
LEARAVIA LEARFAN 2200 | LIONHEART CREATIONS | SIMMARKET TRAILER 4K | MSFS2020

FCR5_June24update_1080x1080.thumb.png.d0cf7bfa1e14c1446ff21f24bd83a3db.png

June 24 Update for FlightControlReplay v5 has been released.

New Official Trailer

Another FREE update has been implemented for all registered customers ! What’s new in June 24 Update ?

Changelog :
• Fenix A320 MSFS : Enhanced management of ailerons and spoilers animations
• Steering tiller animation support (Record / Replay / Instant Replay / Ghost Live)
• Official MSFS2020 Dune Expansion Ornithopter aircraft support for free flight
• SDK for Developers (on request)

Fenix A320 MSFS: Enhanced Management of Ailerons and Spoilers Animations

Experience the Fenix A320 with refined control animations for ailerons and spoilers, offering a more realistic and accurate representation during your flights. Based upon users feedback, a few situations could have been identified where improvements could be made to look for even better accuracy in the animations reproduction during Recording and Replay sessions with FCR5.

Steering Tiller Animation Support

Upon several users request here again, that’s a new feature that will be now reproduced for an immersive experience in MSFS. During taxi operations, the flight crew controls of the front wheel of your aircraft will be now animated in Record, Replay, Instant Replay and Ghost Live modes, adding another layer of authenticity to your simulation experience.

Official MSFS2020 Dune Expansion Ornithopter Aircraft Support for Free Flight

Fly the iconic Ornithopter from the Official MSFS2020 Dune Expansion, and it is now fully supported for free flight with FlightControlReplay 5. Dive into a unique flight experience with this extraordinary aircraft and produce impressive videos to surprise your community and friends !

SDK for Developers (Available on Request)

I can now offer a Software Development Kit (SDK) for developers upon request. This SDK provides the tools necessary to integrate and extend FlightControlReplay’s capabilities within your projects. An advanced aircraft in which you want to have Replay controls in a virtual tablet ? A homecockpit to control FCR 5 ? Drop me an email.

Hello, Believe the FCR do not work with the new released aircraft anymore

1. Bravo Airspace 787 (No reverse thrust animation in replay)

2. PMDG 777 (Speed is messed up in replay, consequently all other animations don't work correctly anymore in replay)

Appreciate if you could look into it especially PMDG 777 since many would have bought or plan on buying the product. 

Hi Fabio. Just to inform you: I likely won't bother you anymore with 'Ghost' feature requests. For the past couple of months I now have exclusively used 'Airshow Assistant'. Which gives me everything I ever asked for and even more. Up to 9 wingmen in many different formations for ground and/or air, each aircraft individually choosable in aircraft type and livery. Many controls for wingmens' behavior, like lag and responsiveness. Position relative to mine, not absolute.
However, I don't regret having bought FCR, it gave me many great flying hours!
'Airshow Assistant' is exactly what I once suggested to you: Make 'Ghost' a small seperate app that you can sell for a few €.

Hi @FabioMerlo! I'm really struggling with FCR for the Fenix. It worked before, but now it unfortunately is unusable. Usually it even worked with setting up the plane etc., so starting cold and dark. But now i - to be safe - tried a flight with the plane on the runway and fully active before starting the recording. As soon as i load up the file, engines were screaming and the panels in front, e.g. the FCU hat a graphic glitch. On landing there was no gear down and no flaps etc. I'd appreciate if you could have a look into this. Are there known issues with the recent Fenix update? Best regards from germany, Markus

9 hours ago, mapsch said:

Hi @FabioMerlo! I'm really struggling with FCR for the Fenix. It worked before, but now it unfortunately is unusable. Usually it even worked with setting up the plane etc., so starting cold and dark. But now i - to be safe - tried a flight with the plane on the runway and fully active before starting the recording. As soon as i load up the file, engines were screaming and the panels in front, e.g. the FCU hat a graphic glitch. On landing there was no gear down and no flaps etc. I'd appreciate if you could have a look into this. Are there known issues with the recent Fenix update? Best regards from germany, Markus

Can confirm, it's 100% broken now. Can't even replay a flight in the Fenix. Absolutely nothing works now that worked before the update... thrust levers are stuck in max reverse, flaps don't come out, some ailerons are stuck fully deflected, and after some time the screens just turn white and start glowing. Plz fix ASAP or revert to previous version. Thanks!