The simFlight Network Forums

FlightControlReplay v5 [Released]

14 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Hi Henrik !

in your case you need adjust the fps setting (at the top of fcr option dialog ) . In this text box you can write the fps number you reach with msfs and you can configure it ! 

60 fps combo box (in the video rendering ) is for video render not for replay feature 

Thanks Fabio!

I have tried changing these fps settings as well (fps number in msfs does vary...) but same problem. The replay feature works ok, it is the rendering and the resulting video that is the problem, it is kind of a time lapse function.
Also when rendering I can see the replay frames are slowly and stuttering playing (which probably is ok) but when I look at cars driving on the road below they all move in original speed and without stuttering - Strange!?

I did however change DX12 to DX11 in MSFS and that seemed to make the rendering nearly work: Replay during rendering looks the same but the rendered result now has frames playing in normal speed BUT now cars (and the MSI Afterburner fps digits) are moving at 3-4 times the speed!

I have RTX 3080 and a Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 4K monitor.

Thanks !!!!!

In the rendering mode (when you create MP4 video from a replay frame by frame ) , i m able to render frame by frame all the planes and time but unfortunatelly some items, (example cars) i cannot stop frame by frame and it cannot be rendered frame by frame , this will result in AI cars speed exceed . I hope fix in next updates 

Fabio

For all existing users of the old FlightControlReplay 4.5, you are invited to enjoy the enhancements and optimizations provided by the new Version 5 with a reduced price upgrade, special for you.

Now dedicated to MSFS and P3D v5 only, my custom code has been optimized, deeply revised, and it is also reflected on the program handling and the new design of the user interface.

Check below the unique features found in FlightControlReplay Version 5 compared to the older tool :

* New User Interface 2022
* Customizable Size and Transparency
* PMDG 737 + Fenix A320 Support in MSFS
* iniBuilds A310 support in MSFS
* Asobo Cabri G2 and Bell 207 helicopters support in MSFS
* Intregration in MSFS Toolbar for in-game launch and control
* Automatic cameras switch for cinematic replay
* GhostPlane: formation flying live with one AI duet MSFS
* Next gen memory management
* Touchdown and landing speed report

Watch a few videos made by flightsim youtubers with the help of FlightControlReplay :

Flight Sim Addict
TURKEY BODRUM- PAYWARE - ULTRA REALISTIC GRAPHICS - TAKE OFF -AIRBUS A319-Flight Simulator 2020 | 4K

CptUK
MSFS | PMDG 737 + Ops | Ryanair | Birmingham Airport - Dublin Airport | HD 1080p

TypeRStgo
Microsoft Flight Simulator: ULTRA realistic flight from Toronto to Halifax | HD 1080p

Blu Games 
FLYDAY! Lets Go! | Fenix A320 | MSFS (Vatsim) | HD 1080p

I like the new Live Ghost feature very much. For me it adds a whole scale to the pleasure of flying, especially when flying vintage and WWII pistons.
I assume there are technical reasons for the restrictions? These are a) no animations on the Ghost (apart from motor and propeller), b) when pausing (either active pause or esc) the Ghost runs away and never returns and c) the Ghost has the exact same aircraft type and livery as my plane.

However, wrt c) I just made a very interesting discovery. In dev mode when I open the 'Aircraft Selector' menu I may not alone choose a different livery for my aircraft, I'm even able to choose a different aircraft type. See my screenshot of a Stearman PT-17 (the type I started with) and the Tiger Moth I switched to with 'Aircraft Selector'. That means it's not a technical limitation!
Maybe you find a solution you can integrate in FCR instead of my rather clumsy workaround? stearman-is-ghost-of-tiger-moth.jpg

Finally my last observation. Like you describe it, I see that the Ghost is not fixed or 'glued' to my aircraft, there is this 'cinematic movement'.  However, I often think that a very good, aerobatic trained, pilot must sit in it. Respectively when I fly after my Ghost I can't believe how my formation flying skills have improved over night. Especially when we fly in a couple of light vintage aircraft.
May I make a suggestion?
You could expand the 3 input fields in the 'Ghost' tab with another 3 value fields defining a kind of 'fluke zone'. As an example: we entered Offset Degrees of 270 with a fluke zone range/envelope value of +/-5. That would NOT mean that the actual offset changes from 265° to 275° continuously in a sine wave, but that the actual offset rather floats arbitrarily around 270° with min/max values of 265 resp. 275.
Same for Altitude and Distance offsets. Just a sidenote, I don't understand why Distance has to be in nm and cannot be in feet?
Anyway, Live Ghost will become my standard mode of flying thru the FS world. Thanks a lot!

Edited by deHavilland
pic insert
  • Like 1

I must correct or rather be more precise about using ESC. Sometimes ESC and RESUME work just fine, but sometimes the Ghost continues to fly on and away (like with active pause). I haven't any clues when it's the one or the other.
My workaround for this is to disconnect, reconnect and then load the ghost again. Of course, the Ghost then is a clone of the aircraft I currently fly and might not be the same type it was before.

One more thing I definitely noticed (at least with the Tiger Moth or the Buecker 131 as Ghosts, probably not with the PT-17 Stearman): the Ghost plane loads a lower qual LOD, at least one that is not appropriate for the default distance of 0.01 nm. However, I noticed that the LOD loaded may not be the same in VR and flatscreen. But I have noticed missing parts, cornered wheels and missing textures in both modes.Bu-131-Ghost.jpg

E.g. wheel caps and some textures are missing in Ghost plane.

• Like 1

Hi,

In order to facilitate your use of FlightControlReplay, you may consider the following options :

In Options General tab: Activate the feature "Automatically LOAD Replay after RECORD" : you don't need to search and manually load the last recorded flight, it is instantly ready for replay when you stop the record.

In Options General tab: Activate the feature "Start recording automatically if you fly", then select below and specify the altitude 2,000 feet to autostart the recording session for the next flights, everytime you descend below the altitude of 2,000 a new record will be saved without need to pause, touch and setup FlightControlReplay !

In Options Audio tab : Activate the Voice Recognition to control record and play actions. The list of available controls are detailed in the User manual.

If you want to watch new videos produced with the help of FlightControlReplay, enjoy the shows below :

Blu Games
Transavia | PMDG 737-800 | MSFS (Vatsim) | HD 1080p

TypeRStgo
WestJet 737-800 Full Experience | Puerto Plata to Toronto | HD 1080p

Ditech
Flight Simulator 2020|Smooth Landing|PMDG 737-800! | HD 1080p

Wrt the LODs of the Ghost: I noticed big differences between the aircraft. Luckily, most of the tested warbirds look quite well in 0.02 nm distance, the P-38 and the FI Spitfire as the only ones even showing off rolling wheels!
However and though I haven't tested many of the vintage aircraft, notably the Buecker 131 and the Tiger Moth show a low qual LOD.

Hi ! I m happy that you are satisfied with LIVE GHOST ! IS a little jewel that i m refining in this firstquarter of 2023 ! Stay tuned for that !

For your question i can answer here :

a) no animations on the Ghost (apart from motor and propeller) -> Stay tuned for next !!!!!

b) when pausing (either active pause or esc) the Ghost runs away and never returns -> this will be fixed in next Update of FCR . This was a little bug 

c) the Ghost has the exact same aircraft type and livery as my plane-> Do you want change the Ghost plane livery ? In this are there are a lot of limitations in SDK but i ll check what i can do for the near future !

So glad to hear that you have big plans for the LIVE GHOST feature! I think it's a GREAT feature with even more potential. Flying with an AI buddy/wingman is for me like a gamechanger. Yesterday I flew alongside a PT-17 Stearman and the morning sun sparkled in its wheel covers. I felt like being part of «The English Patient» movie...

1338033134_theenglishpatient.jpg.0cda6757528f82c88eee82f63ac39bb9.jpg

When you look into the animation/LOD?) problems, my discovery of today might be connected:
Of the four double-seater vintage aircraft I tested, only two (the Curtiss Jenny and the Buecker 131) showed the passenger/co-pilot. On the Tiger Moth' and the Stearman' GHOST no co-pilot showed up ─ though my own aircraft had loaded one and showed the co-pilot character in outside view.

A couple of things I noticed wrt the GHOST. Nothing important, but might give you clues...

When I spawn an F6F the Ghost's wings are always folded. Workaround: By folding and unfolding my own wings the Ghost gets its wings also spread. However, wingfolding works only on ground, so when I spawn an F6-F in air she flies with folded wings.😗 The only other aircraft I know of with wing fold feature, the Corsair, spawns fine!

Second: when I start with a twin engine aircraft (I tried it with P-38 and DC-3) and then switch my aircraft to a single engine type (like Cessna 152) one engine of the Ghost aircraft will stop.

Still having A LOT of pleasure with the GHOST! 👍

P.S. Being able to change the offset ANGLE of the GHOST in flight would be the ultimate Xmas gift! That, mmhh, gives you exactly 11 months of time...😉

And wrt heatblur: while some Ghosts ─ like Aeroplane Heaven's Spitfire I ─ show off all their heatblur (from exhausts and under the wing) very nicely (with lowest distance you may literally fly wingtip to wingtip!), others ─ like the new Jenny ─ show no heatblur at all.

Edited by deHavilland
Addendum
  • Like 1

Hi Fabio

I need some help. I'm flying the FBW A320. You did say it was compatible with this plane before I purchased FCR.

Recording a flight is ok i have no issues with that. It's when i try to play back a flight or record a mp4.

ON PLAY BACK: (I load a flight on the runway first then click fly, then connect FCR)

- my spoilers are already deployed

- I have to manually lift landing gear once i take off

- If i try to fast forward to my landing sometime the plane will just crash and the game states do i want to restart the flight.

WHEN RECORDING A MP4: 

- I get that warning "x264vfw [warning]: Few frames probably would be lost. Ways to fix this:"

I saw you said it's just a warming so i click ok.

- when i hit the record camera and click play the play back is very slow like it's playing 1fps

- when i play back the mp4 the play back is very fast  

I would appreciate if you could help me out.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:17 AM, MackD said:

Hi Fabio

I need some help. I'm flying the FBW A320. You did say it was compatible with this plane before I purchased FCR.

Recording a flight is ok i have no issues with that. It's when i try to play back a flight or record a mp4.

ON PLAY BACK: (I load a flight on the runway first then click fly, then connect FCR)

- my spoilers are already deployed

- I have to manually lift landing gear once i take off

- If i try to fast forward to my landing sometime the plane will just crash and the game states do i want to restart the flight.

WHEN RECORDING A MP4: 

- I get that warning "x264vfw [warning]: Few frames probably would be lost. Ways to fix this:"

I saw you said it's just a warming so i click ok.

- when i hit the record camera and click play the play back is very slow like it's playing 1fps

- when i play back the mp4 the play back is very fast  

I would appreciate if you could help me out.

Hi !

It is a pleasure help you ! For FBW spoiler and gears you tried to start replay after a new flight loaded ?

For MP4 it is normal have 1fps for video rendering. Please try the new way (beta) that you can enable via fcr options... this will be fast in video rendering ... for very fast playback on the ground objects (cars etc ) there is no solution until now to video render at normal speed. But plane should be rendered at normal speed

Hello! New user here 🙂

I've just got everything set up but am having an issue with camera tracking. I've enabled camera and plane tracking in the options but when watching the replay back the camera movements are not present. Everything else is tracked as expected.  I play in VR and was hoping all my head movements would be tracked like with the default tool (but that doesn't track throttle movements or button presses etc)

I also tested it on desktop mode and moved the camera around but it also didn't track in the replay. 

any help would be appreciated 

On 1/25/2023 at 6:46 PM, TommyFresh said:

Hello! New user here 🙂

I've just got everything set up but am having an issue with camera tracking. I've enabled camera and plane tracking in the options but when watching the replay back the camera movements are not present. Everything else is tracked as expected.  I play in VR and was hoping all my head movements would be tracked like with the default tool (but that doesn't track throttle movements or button presses etc)

I also tested it on desktop mode and moved the camera around but it also didn't track in the replay. 

any help would be appreciated 

Hi,

As specified on the product page, FlightControlReplay records the following aircraft mobile parts animations : flaps, elevators, gear, ailerons, rudder, spoilers, thrust reversers. So it doesn't capture the virtual cockpit interactions, the full displays informaiton (although standard information will be actually displayed during Replay, especially those about the aircraft situation on a PFD for example), or the switch and rotory button actions.
About the camera movements, it's detailed in the user manual that can be downloaded and reviewed before purchase. When you want to record camera movements, this is about creating a camera movement, a path, by using the FlightControlReplay shortcuts for the Camera Manager. If you change your view from pilot to copilot, or to the overhead, during the flight, this is not reproduced in the replay. The idea is to let all cameras accessible and selectable during Replay.

So you don't have an issue here.

Hi,

New users of FlightControlReplay5 decided to upgrade from the previous version 4.5 for the latest airliners add-ons support, or to have the Cinematic Replay, or the new User Interface look with multiple sizes.

But not of all them were aware that the first change comes even before you actually start using FlightControlReplay.

The setup is now also easier and faster compared to the old tool :
  * for MSFS users : it's all included in 1 automatic setup. No more separate codec, or Windows additional service to download and install. Just run the setup and GO.
  * for P3D users : things are also simplified as much as I could do. You start the same and single automatic setup and then remain only 2 Microsoft separate packages that are required. They are free to download for Windows of course, and nothing special is required during their install, so it's not a big deal.

As you can see, for most users, in MSFS, FlightControlReplay 5 is a new experience since the beginning. So if you have the old tool version 4.5, get rid of this and upgrade now !

See how amateurs and professionals use my Replay utility to create content for their respective YouTube channel :

CptUK
MSFS I PMDG 737-800 + Around The World Day #4 | Egyptair | Athens Eleftherios - Cairo Int'l

simMarket Official
Rio de Janeiro in MS Flight Simulator | Santos Dumont | by Paulo Ricardo | simMarket Trailer | 4K

Flight Sim Vlogs
MSFS LIVE | Real-World Lufthansa OPS | Brussels to Frankfurt | Fenix A320 | VATSIM

Yes, I too have had the same problem.
It seems a problem related to the toolbar. The moment the "Ready To Fly" button is pressed, the CTD is produced.
This has also been brought to the attention of Just Flight, developer of FS Traffic.
It would be great if between the two developers you could fix the problem and that both addons can work together.

I have tried to look to see if this question has been asked before but didn't find anything so I apologize if this has already been covered somewhere else....I am flying the PMDG 737 and notice that when I replay a recorded flight, it seems time is about 2x faster than it should be (note the 2X or 4X options are not selected). That is to say a flight that took me 38 minutes in realtime only takes about  20 minutes  when played back. Best Regards, Tim

Hi ! Good news about FSTraffic and FlightControlReplay v5 compatibility ! Now in our alpha version the issue is fixed thank to collaboration between me and JustFlight . Soon you ll have release date of the fix update !

@Timmay I think that you can adjust your FCR settings via FCR Options to adjust to your framerate .... in that way you ll have the flight that will be not anymore 2x . This happens when you record at X frame but your system replay at X-N frame per second .

Fabio

FCR5-DEC2022-Update-1080x1080.jpg

Hello,

FlightControlReplay v5 for MSFS now compatible with JustFlight FSTraffic

Today we are proud to announce that FlightControlReplay v5 has been updated with its new build 2302.3 to be compatible with Just Flight FS Traffic for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Thanks to the joined efforts of Just Flight and FlightControlTools made, FS Traffic and FlightControlReplay v5 work together as of now !

Both products run at the same time and the User can choose to record a FS Traffic AI planes (by activating this feature in FCR menu Options)

image.png.5365620b18032e1961848c1ecec86933.png 

By doing so, User can record the AI traffic in the surroundings of his current position. 

After the recording session, if the User wants to Replay the FSTraffic AI, he can Load the Replay file as PLAYAI and can move the initial position of the objects (giving an offset).

If User wants to fly with the recorded FS Traffic AI as User Plane, he can do that by loading Replay as Standard User Plane Replay. More info if necessary in the AI Traffic section of the user manual.

In that way  you can Relive an AI Traffic flight in the virtual cockpit !

image.thumb.jpeg.918e345ff113a3c2f475232f7d82ed28.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b3e3aeadb331503ad8d7ed095b6a11c3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Whatever are your Replay intentions, FlightControlReplay 5 is the only tool for MSFS that can suit wide needs for different simmers :
- ENJOY your aircraft animations and visuals from an exterior view after you performed the flight
- REVIEW the flight path and your pilot skills during the full flight or a part of it
- SECURE your experience, take advantage of the potential restore feature. FlightControlReplay 5 can replace your aircraft in its last known position in case of crash to desktop so you can resume your flight without need to restart everything from the origin airport.

Youtuber videos of this last week illustrate well these options when you have FlightControlReplay 5.

AviationLads
FlyLogicSoftware - Locarno Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Teaser] | 4K

CptUK
MSFS I Fenix A320 + Around The World Day #13 | Jetstar | Singapore Changi - Jakarta Soekarno | HD 1080p

MajorTom
A Flight Simulator Experience | Aeromexico 787-8 | Mexico City ✈ Los Angeles | 4K

On 2/13/2023 at 1:25 AM, FabioMerlo said:

Hi,

Whatever are your Replay intentions, FlightControlReplay 5 is the only tool for MSFS that can suit wide needs for different simmers :
- ENJOY your aircraft animations and visuals from an exterior view after you performed the flight
- REVIEW the flight path and your pilot skills during the full flight or a part of it
- SECURE your experience, take advantage of the potential restore feature. FlightControlReplay 5 can replace your aircraft in its last known position in case of crash to desktop so you can resume your flight without need to restart everything from the origin airport.

Youtuber videos of this last week illustrate well these options when you have FlightControlReplay 5.

AviationLads
FlyLogicSoftware - Locarno Airport | Microsoft Flight Simulator [Official Teaser] | 4K

Hi Fabio,

Is it possible to record the flight of a multiplayer session (group)?

I'm flying with a friend and would like to replay the flight with both aircraft but couldn't find how to do it, or even if it's possible to.

Kind regards