The simFlight Network Forums

REAL TRAFFIC FOR TOWER!3D HAS BEEN RELEASED!

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

The waiting is over. We are happy to let you know that Nyerges Design gave us the installers a few hours ago so we made it available to all controllers right away.

Real Traffic brings realistic schedules, airlines and visuals to Tower!3D. Real Traffic for Tower!3D is available from www.feelthere.com and www.atcsuite.com It requires SP2 which is already available for all existing feelThere.com and atcsuite.com customers and has been submitted to Dovetail for Steam release.

34 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

This is correct, just like they released colors for each airports for Tower!2011 we expect them to do the same for Tower!3D too.

What ? .. this doesn't make sense .. are you saying that we need Real Traffic PLUS additional addons to get the proper Airlines colours at the default Airports?

and, .. if so, .. why does the info for Real Traffic say this .. "Real Traffic brings realistic schedules, airlines and visuals to Tower!3D" 

.. what does the visuals part of this imply .. ?

Cheers

Tom

How will Real Traffic 3D interact with custom schedules that we put in the extensions file?  Will it be the same as with Toiwer 2011, or will using custom schedules create problems?  Also, does this product give us just a single day of real schedules for each airport, or several?

It's a different file so you guys can tweak the schedule. We re-worked the file system with modders in mind :) It was surprising for us to see how's the community picked up editing the schedules so we made it easy for you Folks.

Within the airports you can add (just like I posted a short while ago) custom schedules etc. Nyerges Design provides a full day of real schedule for each airport (and will be upgrade Real Traffic with each new airport's release) but you can re-write it (please make sure to use airplanes ONLY from the airplane list from RT otherwise Tower!3D may crash if it can't find an airplane. 

7 hours ago, FeelThere said:

It's a different file so you guys can tweak the schedule. We re-worked the file system with modders in mind :) It was surprising for us to see how's the community picked up editing the schedules so we made it easy for you Folks.

Within the airports you can add (just like I posted a short while ago) custom schedules etc. Nyerges Design provides a full day of real schedule for each airport (and will be upgrade Real Traffic with each new airport's release) but you can re-write it (please make sure to use airplanes ONLY from the airplane list from RT otherwise Tower!3D may crash if it can't find an airplane. 

I beg to differ.  The default Nyerges install wants to put the directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Tower! 3D, but the only way I can get the real planes to show up is to move/copy the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D.  However, when I do this, my Airports folder in the Extensions folder are overwritten with the Nyerges files and I loose all my customized schedules. Or rather the custom files that Henrik and Dick made.

Would someone else either confirm or deny?

RickyJ

Yes, annoyingly, it does overwrite these files, but in reality it is easy to rewrite your own schedules right back on top of the new Nyerges ones (which I have little use for).  This will not prevent the new plane models from showing up.  I have them working beautifully with Dick's schedule creator outputs, though you will need to redo your terminal file if you did not back it up before hand.  They should have warned us, but in the end it is easily fixed.

hey guys, late to the party on this one. I have windows ten and just downloaded the SP2 and real traffic add on. i am not the most computer literate so i am asking for some help of what course of action to take.What directory do i chose for the real traffic for tower 3d files? because i have downloaded the file twice and still not real traffic. thank you in advance for help and patience.

steve 

You must not have read this whole post.  I gave these instruction above:

I quote myself " the only way I can get the real planes to show up is to move/copy the files into C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D.  However, when I do this, my Airports folder in the Extensions folder are overwritten with the Nyerges files and I loose all my customized schedules. Or rather the custom files that Henrik and Dick made."

And you can read this thread: 

RickyJ