The simFlight Network Forums

second monitor

mikced76

Hi

will the pro version (or standard version for that matter at present) feature the possibilty to detatch screens to other monitors. I am patiently waiting for Tower3D Pro and hope that will work. In Tower 2011 I remember it was possible and having a second monitor for radars etc is so much easier (....and look so much better not cluttering up the main screen).

mike

Tower 3D standard does not support this (dev said the game engine does not support it).  Dev has further stated that the Pro version will use a different engine, but has not yet confirmed if Pro will have that functionality.  So far, only a handful of details have been revealed about Pro.

So far, it is known that Tower3DPro will have voice control, multiplayer (maybe), and more detailed micromanagement for the aircraft.  For example, there will be shifting winds, and you will be able to change active runways during an active controlling session, without having to start over.  Also, it has been confirmed that taxiway names will be marked on the ADIRS map, and we will be able to turn on and off the airport/runway/taxiway lights manually, rather than having the game decide this automatically.  As far as I know, this is about all the info currently available.  Hopefully more will be announced soon.

Nice, thank you for the notices, very interesting for me...so, do you think that could be possible like in Fsx simulator,  Have a real weather conditions? So a link airport  metar or specify program?...what do you think about this? Is it a good idea?

I love the idea.  I have no idea if they will do it in Tower3D Pro.  All I know is that they said that there will be changing wind conditions.  They did NOT say that live weather was a part of it, but who knows?  I am just a user like you, not one of the devs :-) 

Add me to the list. Haven't bought 3D because of this very reason (and voice recognition). Seems like the stunning graphics are going to waste when valuable screen real estate (around 50%) is taken up with non-stunning strip and radars? Sticking with 2011 at the moment, new airports are still being released (although a sale is overdue).

On 10/24/2016 at 5:57 PM, mikced76 said:

if feelthere in addition would add "me too :)" to a request for voice control and the touch & go option for GA I would jump up and down. Time will tell I guess.

mike

EDIT: It didn't work out as I was planning it, please click on the header of the post above (Tower!3D Pro) and it will take you to a topic where I posted the currently available voice commands for the upcoming Pro version.

Vic, having recently purchased a Dell ultra wide 34 inch (3440*1440) monitor I wonder if that is going to cause any problems with Tower!3D Pro? Originally I got it for Prepar3D and in that simulator one can select a wide view aspect ratio. When beta testing the software I hope you guys try that :) Lots of benefits I see with this monitors with its wide screen and a Tower simulator.   

Mike

On 10/28/2016 at 9:55 AM, mikced76 said:

Vic, having recently purchased a Dell ultra wide 34 inch (3440*1440) monitor I wonder if that is going to cause any problems with Tower!3D Pro? Originally I got it for Prepar3D and in that simulator one can select a wide view aspect ratio. When beta testing the software I hope you guys try that :) Lots of benefits I see with this monitors with its wide screen and a Tower simulator.   

Mike

I use an LG ultrawide, no problem.