The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER 3D PRO

doc-dutch

just got the mail for the NEW tower 3D PRO. I gave the video a look and im surprised there is no NEW item in the video according to the old version. WHY should i buy the pro? I cant find 1 reason in this video why i should change to the new version? Dont think thats the purpose of a video, IF its Multiscreen? WHY NOT show it in the video etc etc, not gonna buy for over 40 euro's to only mulitplayer things?

Plz give me good reasons to buy it..

greetz DOC

• 1 month later...

@winsaudi,

sorry for the late reaction, tnx for the pics on dual monitor, THAT helped me a lot. This is what i mean , seperatring the overview and the small screens. This might be the reason im goonna buy the new version

tnx very much and happy Easter

On 2/25/2017 at 7:01 AM, winsaudi said:

I have tried 2 different layouts for multi-monitor, I have yet to decide which I prefer. Here are a couple of screenshots. The change between each monitor is down the left edge of the ADIRS display.

I'm curious, it's almost two months later ... have you settled on which layout you prefer?

Just to throw in my 2 cents, I have settled on stretching the main 3d window across both of my monitors, and aligning the radars and strips along the sides.  To me, at least, this creates a more immersive environment that feels like I am looking out the actual windows of a tower.

3 hours ago, crbascott said:

I'm curious, it's almost two months later ... have you settled on which layout you prefer?

Craig,

Just like Andrew wrote above, I also prefer the 'stretched across 2 monitors' setup. Firstly because of the "more immersive" experience Andrew mentions and secondly because I gave up with the repeatedly closing windows (mainly the strip window) when they were on a separate monitor. When using the 'stretched' layout the information windows do not continually keep closing which for me made the '2 different monitor setup' almost unusable. I also now put the info windows on the outside edges  of the displays as Craig mentioned. I wish that Pro would remember the last layout used so I don't have to set it up every time I go up into the tower.

Wayne

You wanted us to use first names. How's that Vic?

12 hours ago, winsaudi said:

I wish that Pro would remember the last layout used so I don't have to set it up every time I go up into the tower.

Wayne

I find that it will remember the layout, as long as I "stretch out the screen," while still in the main menu, before I start my session.  If I wait until after the session starts then I must re-position everything to my linking every time.

Andrew

Thanks guys,

I have earned full marks for not seeing the obvious. I unchecked the full screen but did not select apply at the bottom of the screen. All works good now. I think I prefer this layout but will know after a few sessions with it this way.

Kev M

On 4/16/2017 at 5:53 AM, winsaudi said:

Craig,

Just like Andrew wrote above, I also prefer the 'stretched across 2 monitors' setup. Firstly because of the "more immersive" experience Andrew mentions and secondly because I gave up with the repeatedly closing windows (mainly the strip window) when they were on a separate monitor. When using the 'stretched' layout the information windows do not continually keep closing which for me made the '2 different monitor setup' almost unusable. I also now put the info windows on the outside edges  of the displays as Craig mentioned. I wish that Pro would remember the last layout used so I don't have to set it up every time I go up into the tower.

Wayne

It's much appreciated Wayne :) It's just so much cooler and friendlier to address each others with names and not handles. In the old topic it was a forum rule that we gave up for this one, but you are a regular distributor and I rather call you by your real name :)

Thanks a lot :)

Vic