The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER 3D PRO

Speedbird001

Hi - I have recently downloaded and installed 3D Pro. I have experienced two crashes of the program which appear to have reset themselves.  However my main area of concern is trying to move ADIRS and the STRIP onto my second screen.  The both appear with a blue background and then disappear.  Anything I am doing wrong.

Thanks for giving this your attention

Bob

Im unable to move the Strip but the ADIRS moves as well as the DBRITE on to a second monitor. I setup the size screen in Pro to match my other monitor,that seems to have done the trick, then by clicking the icons either one seems to work it should go over, thats assuming that your second monitor is using the same graphics card.

I hope this helps.

Has anyone else noticed that the DBRITE looks a little weird after moving it to the second monitor?  When It comes up on the primary monitor, it is revy clear and readable, but after I move it to the 2nd monitor, the rings look a bit pixilated and the data tags become too small to read easily.

2 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Gentlemen,

Without log (and screenshot for the graphics problem) we can't look into this.

When you report a problem please attach them.

Vic

Here is a pic of the DBRITE screen on my second monitor.  There are not aircraft in the first shot, but notice the way the rings look.  IN the second shot you can see how aircraft look; hard to read data blocks.

mmwindow_2017_02_28_11_39_58_055.jpg

mmwindow_2017_02_24_09_12_25_112.jpg

My issue appears to have disappeared.  I was looking at other posts and someone mentioned running the program with 'Administrator' privileges.  I believed I had set this up, but when I checked it wasn't the case.  Thank you for the continued support.

Hi all, sorry for asking this & being so dumb but I've just purchased & downloaded Tower3D Pro. My first quiery is should I uninstall Tower3D & all the associated add-ons (KJFK, KSAN plus Real Color & Real Traffic)? Reason for this when I installed Tower3D Pro along with fresh installs of the associated add ons & ran the program for the 1st time when the sim started I couldn't hear any of the radio traffic messages for aircraft calling up. I completely uninstalled everything & re-installed the Tower3D Pro program along with all the associated add-ons & this time the same thing happened again aircraft would appear at the gates but no radio communications could be heard, furthermore despit installing all the Real Color add-ons all the aircraft were blank or white & if I selected KSAN as the airport to control the drop down menu had it on there but if you selected it the airport didn't appear on the screen like the other it had a banner stating 'IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE CLICK ON BANNER'.

Don't suppose there's an idiots guide to installing & setting up the Pro version. Graphics wise on the screen all looks good though. Many thanks for any advice.

Not sure if it will help you, but a common fix for sound issues is to make sure you run Tower3D.exe as administrator.

Regarding the other issues ... the installation programs for the add-ons have issues, especially when it comes to the default directories. Bottom line, you need to be real careful where you install everything ... using the default folders will create a honked up install.

I've attached a screenshot of the Pro folder structure. Hopefully it helps.

Pro_Folders.thumb.JPG.e1c0583774b3eacacd90ca26f88ec2d8.JPG

Thanks for your help with this. Sit rep now is that I've managed to get the radio traffic sounds to work by opening the program as administrator after reading another thread on the forum & I've found the manual & will be reading through this shortly. I've also managed to install the Real Traffic, Real Color & the other airports by altering the destination folder to where they are supposed to go as they weren't installing the add-ons into Tower3D Pro, but Tower3D. The whole thing looks brilliant & great work by those involved. I could manage to run KLAX on my own in Tower3D, but from starting Tower3D Pro KLAX at midnight I could see that this is a completely different animal in respect of the higher level of RT traffic. So I'm going to start with TSIST then go onto KSAN then KPHL & then KLAX before trying KJFK. I've got a set of headphones with a boom mike so hopefully for KPHL onwards I could get that set up & may make it alot easier to control the higher level of traffic.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I've selected to run KSAN & start at 00.00, however each time the sim loads & starts the time on the clock when the game starts is 16.30. I was expecting everything to be in darkness & got a shock when it was daylight. I closed it down & double checked I had the clock set correctly & it was re-run the sim & the same thing happened again. Daylight & the clock stating 16.30. Setting the clock at 01.00 or 02.00 & running the sim, this time it started at 06.31.

1 hour ago, 58050 said:

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I've selected to run KSAN & start at 00.00, however each time the sim loads & starts the time on the clock when the game starts is 16.30. I was expecting everything to be in darkness & got a shock when it was daylight. I closed it down & double checked I had the clock set correctly & it was re-run the sim & the same thing happened again. Daylight & the clock stating 16.30. Setting the clock at 01.00 or 02.00 & running the sim, this time it started at 06.31.

KSAN only operates during daylight so when it starts at 06:30 that is accurate.   Same thing here.  Started game at 00:00 and the sim actually started running at 16:29.  Not too big a deal, but strange.  The airport has a curfew and doesn't start ops until 06:30 so just begin running from then and it should be fine.