The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 Upgrade cost

Since someone had to ask, might as well be me -  the price listed on SImmarket  24 euro - am I correct that this is the cost for all users including prior registered ones?

Seems very reasonable considering but if I can save an extra $ or two, it's worth asking.

Thanx,

Vic

2 hours ago, Mark777 said:

Also could I ask about WideFS.  Will this also need to be repurchased and if so what is the correct version.  I see at Simmarket there is a version 7 but not sure if this is for P3D v4 or not.  thanks.

There's no change in WideFS. Existing registrations will be fine.

Version 7 was the version released with FSUIPC4 in 2006. The nmuber will keep pace with FSUIPC because the Server is part of FSUIPC, but the Client program is the same for all versions of FSUIPC and FS/P3D.

Pete

3 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Blimey, on some foreign site. I can't find it on the English language site. And it shows €28.80 not €24, at least till the end of August. 

The discount is an "early buyers" one, not a "existing users" one. It's more straight forward.

FSUIPC5 is not ready yet. Not sure when it will be, but  was hoping to get it finished sufficiently this week. It will need further developments.

Pete

25 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

There's no change in WideFS. Existing registrations will be fine.

Version 7 was the version released with FSUIPC4 in 2006. The nmuber will keep pace with FSUIPC because the Server is part of FSUIPC, but the Client program is the same for all versions of FSUIPC and FS/P3D.

Pete

Thanks for this! 

15 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Blimey, on some foreign site. I can't find it on the English language site. And it shows €28.80 not €24, at least till the end of August. 

The discount is an "early buyers" one, not a "existing users" one. It's more straight forward.

FSUIPC5 is not ready yet. Not sure when it will be, but  was hoping to get it finished sufficiently this week. It will need further developments.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for sharing info!!!

Can you please clarify (if you are able to) the above?

Does it mean this is a "deal" price for early first time buyers and will increase later?  Does it also mean that v5 users -will- get a discount?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, walterg74 said:

Does it mean this is a "deal" price for early first time buyers and will increase later?  Does it also mean that v5 users -will- get a discount?

I read don't read anything about a "deal price", nor an upgrade price, just an early buyers discount for the first three months.  I'm sure i said that. If you've paid for it how can you be made to pay more later? You seem to be making a simple thing veryt complicated.

Pete

Fsuipc needs to be reconstructed so to me it is normal to pay for it again.

Either an upgrade cost or a full price , I will buy it .

Question : Pete, is it possible to have the same offset values for the same functions ? ( Prosim -- client pc / SIOC )

Thanks,

Gerard

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Question : Pete, is it possible to have the same offset values for the same functions ? ( Prosim -- client pc / SIOC )

Yes, of course. The whole point of FSUIPC is that cross-platform compatibility -- right through since FS98 days.

Pete

Pete-  just one more user, grateful for your work, and ready for v5. With all my PFC stuff, converted to USB with LEO Bodnar cards, I'm basically grounded without your incredible software (I have multiple .ini files for each throttle configuration).

Fingers x'ed for a smooth development process and transition.

Best- Carl

I'm so happy with Prepar3D V4, I'm still waiting for the OOM that I know will never occur LOL. 5 years of the anticipation is hard to break...

There is no sim without FSUIPC so thank you very much for doing this. I have gotten so many useful years out of my previous purchase that I am more than happy to cough up the dough again after all these years, I know it is more than worth it. Looking forward to its release, I'm already getting grumpy with the crappy internal options. : D

Cheers,

Thad

1 minute ago, BLACKCLIP said:

The discount for owners of the previous version isn't provided?!! Why! 

There's an early buyers' discount instead.  It almost amounts to the same thing as most early buyers will be existing users.  And it's a far cleaner and clearer system, avoiding problems of IDs and things when folks have changed emails and/or names.

And after all FSUIPC4 was released in 2006 and there have been no upgrade charges all that time despite continual development.

Pete

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

There's an early buyers' discount instead.  It almost amounts to the same thing as most early buyers will be existing users.  And it's a far cleaner and clearer system, avoiding problems of IDs and things when folks have changed emails and/or names.

And after all FSUIPC4 was released in 2006 and there have been no upgrade charges all that time despite continual development.

Pete

I haven't very much understood. I bought the previous version. Now to get new, I need to pay 24 euros without discount. right?

42 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

When English is your 5th language things easily get lost in translation. Just for clarity - with FSUIPC v5 you need to buy it again and v5 is only for P3D v4 ...?

I can't even remember when and where I bought FSUIPC all I know it was long before Simmarket and therefore no discount will be offered, or "early buyers" as I understand it. Don't mind, I just want to be sure.

Warm regards from Cape Town

Terblanche

3 hours ago, Terblanche said:

Just for clarity - with FSUIPC v5 you need to buy it again and v5 is only for P3D v4 ...?

Yes.

3 hours ago, Terblanche said:

no discount will be offered, or "early buyers" as I understand it.

Please go read the sales pge on SimMarket. There is a discount until August.

Pete

Hello Pete,

I'm an FSUIPC licensed user from fsuipc3.

Excuse me, I read in the other post for a new price of 24 euro at Simmarket and you talk for an early discount, but I find only a price of 36,59 euro with a discount at 29,28 until September 3.

Can you explain me something?

I would like buy the new FSUIPC.

Thanks for your excellent works.

Sorry for my english.

Roberto

10 hours ago, vitromxp said:

Excuse me, I read in the other post for a new price of 24 euro at Simmarket and you talk for an early discount, but I find only a price of 36,59 euro with a discount at 29,28 until September 3.

24€ before tax. Which, depending on your country, including ~20% tax is around 29€.