The simFlight Network Forums

TRACON!2012:SE

FeelThere_Vic

Vic,

This is awesome news!  I've recently started working the SoCal SAN Area again, and I really like it.

REQUEST:  It is really difficult to work a busy sector when the towers release their departures at the exact same second and without any request for release.  For reasons I don't understand, it is uncanny how often the towers do this.  I understand the sim does not currently support a "request for release" from the tower to the departure controller (as would be required in the real world), but that would be an perfect addition that would allow the departure controller to understand the situation in his sector before it actually is happening.  It happens several times per hour that 3 or 4 aircraft depart different airports simultaneously, all calling on the frequency one after another.  Strange and difficult to work realistically. 

Thanks for your work.  

TJ

BTW, the "airspace editor" is a really nice touch.  It lets you guys to crank out sectors that are fairly realistic, but allows users, with very intimate knowledge of an airspace and how it is worked, to make tweaks that very closely represent real world.  I am very grateful for that.

TJ

With Tracon!2012, do you still need to vector aircraft on a 20 dregree or so angle towards the ILS approach before handing them off to tower? I beleive in real life for large commercial aircraft they dont really vector traffic that way, I have LAX long incoming arrivals from the east in mind. Please correct me if I´m wrong. 

Mike 

1 hour ago, mikced76 said:

With Tracon!2012, do you still need to vector aircraft on a 20 dregree or so angle towards the ILS approach before handing them off to tower? I beleive in real life for large commercial aircraft they dont really vector traffic that way, I have LAX long incoming arrivals from the east in mind. Please correct me if I´m wrong. 

Mike 

Most of the time we're given a ~30 degree intercept to the localizer.

Yes, with this version you need to have the plane within 30 degrees to capture the ILS just like in real life. There are no new commands only a more reliable voice recognition system. There are no new features except it offers you the new sectors that you can purchase just like Tower!3DX, Tower!2012:SE. Also the radar screen got an amber color.

• 6 months later...

Vic

Will there be a good discount for tracon 2012 owners and will existing tracon 2012 addon sectors such as ksan sector work in tracon 2012 se,  also any reason there are no lsalt details for the tracon 2012 sectors in the tracon 2012 documentation,  im also looking for ksan sector lsalt and im not sure where to find them, sorry for all the questions Vic.  

thanks

Wayne