The simFlight Network Forums

Real 24hr Schedule KLAX for Tower!3D Pro (Updated 9 Oct 2017)

bcooley66

Updated the klax_schedule.txt file on 9 Oct 2017

Due to Real Color LAX being restricted to certain liveries and certain MDS's at the time it was developed by the developer, I have gone and made some changes to my klax_terminal file that I had previously posted. In the new terminal file below, I have changed several of the MDS's with several of the airlines, that were showing up as white airplanes. Now that the MDS's have changes, the airline liveries are back. Unfortunately, there are some airlines that will still show up white no matter what, as they were not included in the original Real Color LAX file. The schedule however has remained exactly the same.

If you're up for a challenge, I have attached a 'Real Life' 24hr schedule for KLAX. Make sure you back up the file that you already have in the Tower!3D Pro\Extensions\Airfields\KLAX subdirectory. You can leave the existing klax_schedule file in the folder. Just add a .bak extension to it (klax_schedule.bak). When you have done this, you can copy the klax_schedule file from below, and place it into the KLAX folder. I have also attached a current klax_terminal file as well. Do the same by renaming the existing file with a .bak, before copying the below terminal file to the subdirectory. This project has taken some time, but it is a lot of fun, and definitely a challenge, working with "Real Life' traffic, that happens to have real flight numbers. 1802 flights! Enjoy!

klax_terminal.txt

KLAX Arrivals & Departures by Local Times.pdf

klax_schedule.txt

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, crbascott said:

I'm curious, why does that matter? 

It doesn't matter in the slightest.  I was just curious.  They're both 'products' released for the same airport to do the same thing.  The curious side of me wonders about their methodologies for obtaining the data to make the schedules and their sources... but I didn't want to get in that much detail... so I just asked how they compared.

Edit:  In hindsight, Joe's says 'Custom Schedule' where this one says 'Real schedule'.

I compiled all of the flight data from 0000-2359 on 1 specific day from last week (27 Sep 2017), all from flight aware. There were 1802 arrivals/departures for that 24hr period.  Yes, these are all ‘Real Flights’. I made a massive spreadsheet compiling all of the data and then sorted it all down to the specific data that is required for the lax_schedule file. This took several days and several hours to complete. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now, as I too have wanted to handle ‘Real Flights’ in and out of KLAX. I have tested several phases of every hour, and so far have not encountered any errors. There’s a helluva lot of traffic to handle!!!!! But it is fun, enjoyable and very challenging! I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy ‘Real Traffic’ as I have wanted to and therefore have offered my files and my work for free! Hope you all enjoy. I’m glad that there are others that have done this work as well, and have also offered their files too. Enjoy!!!

KLAX Arrivals & Departures by Local Times.pdf

4 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

My traffic is 'custom' because I'm not the developer.  It's real b/c it's real -- in my traffic header it details flight data from 9-2-2017 full day.

Thanks for your work as well! It’s nice to be dealing with real schedules as it brings more reality to the simulation. 

6 minutes ago, bcooley66 said:

I compiled all of the flight data from 0000-2359 on 1 specific day from last week, all from flight aware. I can’t remeber the day of the week off hand. I would have to relook at data the files. There were 1802 arrivals/departures for that 24hr period.  Yes, these are all ‘Real Flights’. I made a massive spreadsheet compiling all of the data and then sorted it all down to the specific data that is required for the lax_schedule file. This took several days and several hours to complete. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now, as I too have wanted to handle ‘Real Flights’ in and out of KLAX. I have tested several phases of every hour, and so far have not encountered any errors. There’s a helluva lot of traffic to handle!!!!! But it is fun, enjoyable and very challenging! I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy ‘Real Traffic’ as I have wanted to and therefore have offered my files and my work for free! Hope you all enjoy. I’m glad that there are others that have done this work as well, and have also offered their files too. Enjoy!!!

If anyone does discover any problems, please let me know and I’ll do my best to try and fix them. It is really impossible to play the simulation for 24hrs straight , in order to test every single flight. 

• 1 year later...