The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - Unable to Land, Runway Too Short

crbascott

Happened a couple of time on KLAX for me as well. VIR23 (forgot airplane type) was assigned to RWY24R by arrival but when giving the 'cleared to land' she replied with the same problem. If i'm not mistaken a B739 was assigned to runway 22R by arrival on KBOS which was too short for him as well.

It would be nice if we could select the aircraft for each runway (I.e Class I Props, Class I Jets, Class II, Class III, Class III Very Large.  The AI would then assign incoming aircraft to each runway per its type.  It would be a right click on the select runway at the top of the screen.  You select which aircraft class/type that you want to assign to the arrival runway.  That way you could assign the Class III Very Large to Runway 25L at KLAX.  At KBOS class I props/class I jets assigned to runway 32, class II and class III assigned to runway 27 and Class III Very Large assigned to 33L.  The default setting would be all aircraft so its no different than now.  In reality TRACON would assign and move the aircraft to the proper approach runway not the tower.  In a high traffic airport like LAX it may be impossible to move an airplane from 24R tp 25L due to aircraft already set to land on 25L and proper clearance would not be maintained.

On 11/2/2017 at 2:09 AM, crbascott said:

I thought the engine wouldn't put a plane on a runway that was too short.

Craig

Craig:

I tend to get arrival/runway mismatches regularly at KPHL when assigning 27R and 26 for Arrivals (35 and 27L for DEP). I would venture to say that every fourth or so Arrival flight is assigned 26 and must be changed to 27R. It does do a fairly decent job of routing the prop planes to 26 instead of 27R though... I wonder if it is just the sim's way of dividing up the Arrivals, i.e., every 'X'th arrival flight gets shunted over to 26 instead of 27R. It's a bit annoying due to having to make 2 separate commands to correct it at this time. Perhaps down the road we will get the means to assign classes as VG101 mentions above.

Paul

10 hours ago, VenturaGuy101 said:

It would be nice if we could select the aircraft for each runway (I.e Class I Props, Class I Jets, Class II, Class III, Class III Very Large.  The AI would then assign incoming aircraft to each runway per its type.  It would be a right click on the select runway at the top of the screen.  You select which aircraft class/type that you want to assign to the arrival runway.  That way you could assign the Class III Very Large to Runway 25L at KLAX.  At KBOS class I props/class I jets assigned to runway 32, class II and class III assigned to runway 27 and Class III Very Large assigned to 33L.  The default setting would be all aircraft so its no different than now.  In reality TRACON would assign and move the aircraft to the proper approach runway not the tower.  In a high traffic airport like LAX it may be impossible to move an airplane from 24R tp 25L due to aircraft already set to land on 25L and proper clearance would not be maintained.

LAX lands ALL types of aircraft, even A380's and such on 24R.   The only thing that needs to change at LAX is the programming behind that entire airport.  There are far too many outdated issues.