The simFlight Network Forums

Prepar3D v4.2 SimConnect and FSUIPC 5.123c

In my case, 5.122 did not solve my problem, as I click the right mouse button P3d v4.2 freezes the screen(10s, 20s, 25s, 30s ou more). I am using Windows 10 pro updated. Unfortunately, I went back to version 4.1 where everything is ok.

I have a silly suggestion for trying P3d v4.2, you should restore default flight save from 4.2 and test that again. Im not sure, but when i re-saved my previous 4.1 flight in 4.2 and restarted P3D, the "stopped responding" goes away. You should try this too. I have latest FSUIPC file installed and all works fine.

Hello,

I had tried 5.123c earlier with a clean install of P3D v4.2.

I had menu problems. The menus would not work but P3D would not crash.

It (whatever) would however disable the add-on after a few minutes and continue to work with functional menus after that.

Today I replaced the dll with 5.123d and after restarting the menus now appear to work correctly and FSUIPC does launch from the menu.. 

15 minutes ago, gsumner said:

When you refer to menus working now, are you including simconnect menus eg proatcx also? 

Thanks

Graham

I was referring to a clean P3Dv4.2 install with only FSUIPC 5 .

Always my first step before adding anything else to the sim.

1 hour ago, gsumner said:

When you refer to menus working now, are you including simconnect menus eg proatcx also? 

P3D 4.2 has problems with SimConnect Menus. FSUIPC doesn't use any. The FSUIPC 5.123c intermittent problem was with the options dialogue.

ProATC/X and GSX use the Menus, and appearently there's a problem with keypresses with those where the menu opens and closes unless you keep the key pressed. It is also processing any key even if not a menu entry. This is nothing to do with FSUIPC and appearently L-M are investigating. See their Forum.

Pete

Hi Pete;

Welcome back to the maelstrom.  ;-)

After reading your commentary below the 5.123d download link, I have to ask if there's any good reason to move from 5.122a to 5.123d in P3D v4.2 given that there seems to be some uncertainty about whether the Simconnect issue with 5.123c is actually fixed (or fully understood).

Cheers

Bob Scott

2 hours ago, airforce2 said:

After reading your commentary below the 5.123d download link, I have to ask if there's any good reason to move from 5.122a to 5.123d in P3D v4.2 given that there seems to be some uncertainty about whether the Simconnect issue with 5.123c is actually fixed (or fully understood).

I cannot move backwards. If you are content to stay on an old version, then I simply cannot support your use of it. That is all. It is up to you.

Pete

20 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I cannot move backwards. If you are content to stay on an old version, then I simply cannot support your use of it. That is all. It is up to you.

Understood...and I wasn't asking you to go backwards. 

I was more interested in whether or not there would be some advantage in capabilities to offset what sounds like increased risk (to stability) if using 5.123d over 5.122a for the time being.

Cheers

Bob Scott

Hey Pete,

I updated to 4.2 but didn't had a problem....just some 747 QOTS, even after PMDG update, Not sure if is related, some are reporting that could be the culprit, old FSUIPC...I am going do download new one...just run the installer? Thanks

P.S. Installed, replaced latest .dll...will test....

Thanks and Welcome back!

Edited by alexanderluzajic

• 1 year later...

If you have a new issue, could you please start a new thread - your problem does not seem to be related to this threads title!

More information is also needed - what version of FSUIPC are you using? What sim? How did you install on another computer - if you just copied across your ini file, this most likely won't work as your joystick ids (and GUIDs) will have changed.

Please start a new thread with the above information, and also attached your ini, log and joyscan.csv files (all from your Modules folder).

John