The simFlight Network Forums

T3D Pro - Shortened Intersection Take Off - Voice Clearance Problem

jumpjet777

Perhaps I've missed something or have a voice problem, but I am having and issue with intersection take-off clearances at pushback.

If I use the mouse I can clear an aircraft for pushback and right click on a runway intersection to select a shortened take-off, all as one command. However I cannot do this via a voice command.

If I say "Speedbird 001, pushback approved, expect runway 31L @ kilo' - The command is ignored, so I actually have to to this in 2 stages :-

1/ 'Speedbird 001, pushback approved, expect runway 31L'

........ wait for pushback to complete, then :-

2/ 'Speedbird 001, runway 31L @ kilo' - the aircraft will now taxi to the correct intersection

Any idea guys?

Thanks

Edited by jumpjet777

Out of the box, #1 is not a valid voice command. Check out the manual here.

However, It is possible to add some "custom" commands to the tower.rec file (see below). Make sure to back up the original in case your edits cause problems and backup your revised version as it will get overwritten when the game engine is updated. 

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1
#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

Craig

1 minute ago, crbascott said:

However, It is possible to add some "custom" commands to the tower.rec file (see below). Make sure to back up the original in case your edits cause problems and backup your revised version as it will get overwritten when the game engine is updated. 

#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; AT ;#taxiway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6
#airplane1; PUSHBACK APPROVED EXPECT RUNWAY ;#runway1; TAXI VIA ;#taxiway1;#taxiway2;#taxiway3;#taxiway4;#taxiway5;#taxiway6

Craig

Oh excellent

Many thanks for the edit :-)

6 hours ago, crbascott said:

Craig

Works perfectly,, thanks :-)

21 hours ago, crbascott said:

Craig

I added these a long time ago.  They work great.  The only problem is that after pushback is complete, I have never found a way to get the aircraft to follow these directions without reissuing the full taxi instructions again.  If I just say #airplane1; runway#1,"  then the original instructions are deleted, and it auto-generates a route.  Would be nice if there were some sort of command that would tell the pilot something along the lines of "#airplane1;  taxi to active via approved route." 

Andrew

10 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

If I just say #airplane1; runway#1,"  then the original instructions are deleted, 

Which would be expected and correct behaviour as you override the previous instruction with a new one. I would kind of expect 'Continue Taxi' to work for what you want

Yup, after pushback is complete, I just use 'callsign xxx, continue taxi', since I made this edit yesterday, and they taxi to the nominated intersection.

If they are on their way to the intersection, and you decide to change it, then giving full new taxi instructions will work also. They stop for a little while, think about it (plan route), then continue taxiing. In this case it would be 'callsign xxx, runway xx (optional @ intersection)

Also if you have already given a pushback clearance, and want to change it directly after pushback (and they have requested taxi clearance), you can do the same as above 'callsign xxx, runway xx (optional @ intersection), and they will taxi immediately without a 'continue taxi' instruction