The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro CTD

TheEdge

For no obvious reason I'm having CTDs while playing the Steam version of Tower 3D Pro. It doesn't appear to hit all airports, KBOS I've not had it happen yet, KLAX I've had it happen once but then no issue but KJFK crashes without fail after about 5-10m play time. I've tried totally fresh installs, redownloaded from Steam, redownloaded (where possible) Real Traffic and Real Colour packs, but JFK just keeps crashing.

Really want to buy EDDM but want to find out the source of this crash before I do. 

I'd try to attach the files but the forum won't let me...

@TheEdge

Hi

If you can't attach log files (if you have them), they are probably too big (max is 4.88 MB) and need to be compressed as a zip, rar, or 7cz file. This would be especially true if you have a speech log file, as they can get relatively large.

I would recommend going to your game install and deleting (or moving elsewhere) your existing log files (game.log & speech.log). These would be in YourSteamInstallDrive:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tower 3D Pro

After deleting or moving the logs,  run the game via the tower3d.bat file which should be in that same folder (just double click it). This will run the game and give you a new set of log files, which you can then compress (zip) and upload to the forum.

As it seems that KJFK crashes more often than others, I would run that scenario until it crashes. Once it does, go the install folder and zip up the game.log & speech.log files and attach the zip to this thread. Delete or move those existing log files each time you want to test the game via the tower3d.bat file.

Hope this helps

Cheers

10 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

Do you have all the current  and updated versions of the game and the DLC's? 

Ariel,

How do we the users know that we have "all the current and updated versions of the game and the DLCs"?  There is no consolidated list, no sticky, no emails, nothing.  Add to the mix that your updates and releases are let out stealthily and it means the only way I can ensure that all 23 of my T3D install files are "current and updated" is by blindly trying to download every single one of them on the off chance that one of them has been updated since I last downloaded. Then, of course, I run into the "Password Blocked" hassle with the BMT Micro links which adds to the inefficiency.

I have mentioned this several times before on this forum but as the number of T3D versions/airports/RC/RT updates continue to grow PLEASE can we have an easily accessible listing of each and every install file? As a sticky on this forum, as a listing on the website, as a group email I don't mind but we need something that is updated as soon as there is a change.

Go on! You know it makes sense.

Best,

Wayne

• Upvote 1

I Agree

EDDM has been out for some time now. Nothing officially on the forum about it being released.

Some information of problems etc. but it seems nothing real serious. Just the usual one where aircraft don't stop before entering the runway etc. also the usual RT files out of date. Sometimes I really wonder if ND really research the latest airline calls, operators etc. but to be fair having paid only a couple of dollars for RT some time ago,  and no extra for on ongoing updates, I guess it is OK. 

The biggie is not knowing when something new or changes /SP etc. are released. C'mon Feelthere as others have said over & over again, PLEASE come up with a system of informing us when something changes. After all, when you trawl though the forum there are a core number of supporter out there who have done a lot of work to improve the sim with suggestions/fixes etc. Give us the support of advising of any new changes come out so we can be on top of what is happening.

There!! I've said it

Kev M

• Like 1

Agreed.  This idea of releasing updates, and then announcing them a week or two later is confusing and unhelpful.  Without an announcement on the forum VERY few people will test it out, since very few will know about it.  Consider that your total user base is most likely much larger than the list of active forum members here, so by announcing it immediately on the forum, you will still accomplish your purpose of having knowledgeable users test it out first.  Likewise, maintaining a current version list for the main games and for all add-ons would go a long way to help knowledgeable users evaluate new changes and avoid making squawks about items that have already been addressed in unannounced updates.

Andrew

Wayne, your

On 11/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, winsaudi said:

Ariel,

How do we the users know that we have "all the current and updated versions of the game and the DLCs"?  There is no consolidated list, no sticky, no emails, nothing.  Add to the mix that your updates and releases are let out stealthily and it means the only way I can ensure that all 23 of my T3D install files are "current and updated" is by blindly trying to download every single one of them on the off chance that one of them has been updated since I last downloaded. Then, of course, I run into the "Password Blocked" hassle with the BMT Micro links which adds to the inefficiency.

I have mentioned this several times before on this forum but as the number of T3D versions/airports/RC/RT updates continue to grow PLEASE can we have an easily accessible listing of each and every install file? As a sticky on this forum, as a listing on the website, as a group email I don't mind but we need something that is updated as soon as there is a change.

Wayne, and all other distinguished members,  you are deffinitely correct. We are just gathering some info right now but we will have this sticky oppened as soon as we can to help you verify if you have all current versions. Your oppinion is always appreciated. :)

Best regards, 

Ariel