The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER!3D: Real Color KBOS for KPHL?

Fred_Mertz

I was under the impression that if I bought Real Color for an airport, the liveries would apply to the company planes across the different airports. I bought RC KBOS and decided to play KPHL when I noticed that AAL 330-200 didn't have the colors while the other planes displayed them fine. Is this separate from the KBOS AAL livery and will I have to buy RC KPHL to complete it, or did I install it wrong?

52 minutes ago, Fred_Mertz said:

I was under the impression that if I bought Real Color for an airport, the liveries would apply to the company planes across the different airports. I bought RC KBOS and decided to play KPHL when I noticed that AAL 330-200 didn't have the colors while the other planes displayed them fine. Is this separate from the KBOS AAL livery and will I have to buy RC KPHL to complete it, or did I install it wrong?

You are under the right impression, but the A332 for AAL does not appear in the schedule for KBOS and therefore it is not in the RC for KBOS.  If you want the AAL A332 to have color at KPHL you'll need to buy one of the following RC packages: EDDM, KMCO, KPHL, KPHX, or KSFO.

FYI - KBOS includes AAL liveries for the following planes: A319, A320, A321, B738, B752, E190.

Craig

PS - How's Ethel?

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I thought it might have to do something with that, which might really mess with the ICAO Airline/Airport spreadsheet I worked on:

https://pasteboard.co/HysWd2I.jpg

Is there a list somewhere that itemizes which RC package has which planes or do I have to look them up in the install directory?

Ethel is practicing up on her singing for our comeback Vaudeville tour!

20 minutes ago, Fred_Mertz said:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I thought it might have to do something with that, which might really mess with the ICAO Airline/Airport spreadsheet I worked on:

https://pasteboard.co/HysWd2I.jpg

Is there a list somewhere that itemizes which RC package has which planes or do I have to look them up in the install directory?

Ethel is practicing up on her singing for our comeback Vaudeville tour!

What you're missing from the spreadsheet is WHAT aircraft type is actually given for each airport.  Just labeling in an airline is not giving you accurate information on what you're actually getting w/ those packs.

1 minute ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

What you're missing from the spreadsheet is WHAT aircraft type is actually given for each airport.  Just labeling in an airline is not giving you accurate information on what you're actually getting w/ those packs.

Right. I didn't know that when I made the spreadsheet. I'll have to edit it, but I don't know which RC package has what. And hey Joe, enjoy your videos!

5 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Go into the game files, go to Extensions > Airplanes > Texturepacks  and open the manifest files.  All the plane models and the liveries for each pack are there.

Is there a list that shows which plane comes from which RC package? The reason why I started the spreadsheet in the first place was to cut down on some costs of the addons by using other RC packages that covers multiple cities. The list in the manifest files won't help me much because I already have them. Does this manifest file get updated with each addon install?

10 hours ago, hexzed said:

Yes the manifest gets updated with each new airport.

The manifests in order from 1 to 13 are TIST, KPHL, KLAX, KATL, KBOS, KLAS, KJFK, KPHX, KLGA, KSAN, KSFO, EDDM, KMCO

The manifest file I have is labeled airplanes_texpack8.manifest. Is there a reason why it's 8 instead of 5 since KBOS is the only one I ever bought?

13 hours ago, hexzed said:

Yes the manifest gets updated with each new airport.

The manifests in order from 1 to 13 are TIST, KPHL, KLAX, KATL, KBOS, KLAS, KJFK, KPHX, KLGA, KSAN, KSFO, EDDM, KMCO

2 hours ago, Fred_Mertz said:

The manifest file I have is labeled airplanes_texpack8.manifest. Is there a reason why it's 8 instead of 5 since KBOS is the only one I ever bought?

The correct order is: TIST, KPHL, KLAX, KJFK, KSAN, KLAS, KATL, KBOS, KLGA, KPHX, KSFO, EDDM, KMCO.

I have an excel spreadsheet of all the RC's that I have on my system. The sheets show the list by pack number and aircraft types & airlines in each pack

As I say it is not complete but I am willing to post it if it does not contravene any copyright rules.

It would be good if someone could fill in the gaps & it could be kept as a reference document on a sticky post.

For Gabor (ND)  or Vic (feelthere)do you have any objection to posting a spreadsheet of the RC airlines/aircraft per RC pack & updating it as new/revised RC packs are released?

I await your reply

Kev M

• Upvote 2