The simFlight Network Forums

KLAS add-on install issue

jd66

hello all, 

i just purchased tower 3d PRO yesterday and successfully installed it along with real traffic and the real color bundle.

today i purchased the klas/las vegas add-on.  during the install, i noticed that the klas was installed into the Tower 3d folder and not my Tower! 3d Pro folder.

how would i resolve this so i could install the klas add-on into my tower! 3d Pro folder without making things worse?

thanks for any info..........

jd66

i copied the KLAS folder from my tower 3d, extensions , airfields folder.

just to make sure, i would now place this copied KLAS folder in the airfields folder in my Tower! 3d Pro folder?  

i am confused because there already is a KLAS folder in my Tower! 3d Pro folder.  that said, would i "overwrite" the current KLAS folder if prompted to do so?

thanks for any info as i am not that tech savy.........

one more question, 

should i uninstall the klas add-on from the regular tower 3d folder and then delete the regular tower 3d folder so i will ONLY have the Tower!3d Pro folder?

thanks again for any info..........

jd66

21 minutes ago, jd66 said:

one more question, 

should i uninstall the klas add-on from the regular tower 3d folder and then delete the regular tower 3d folder so i will ONLY have the Tower!3d Pro folder?

thanks again for any info..........

jd66

If you only have Tower!3D Pro then you definitely don't need that folder. 

Hopefully, in the next version the installation process will be improved. FeelThere is lucky to have an active supportive community. Without it there is no doubt in my mind they would have more returns and disappointed customers.

15 hours ago, crbascott said:

If you only have Tower!3D Pro then you definitely don't need that folder. 

Hopefully, in the next version the installation process will be improved. FeelThere is lucky to have an active supportive community. Without it there is no doubt in my mind they would have more returns and disappointed customers. 

Craig, Wayne,  ATC Joe, Hexzed etc.

Here Here I agree. Although I am only small fish in the support, without you bigger support guys, as we say in Aus. Feelthere  would be in deep snook. You can work out what it means. But both them & Gabor are getting better.

Kev M

Kev M,

You are not wrong mate and Craig is also spot on.  IMHO far too many of the threads on this forum are because of:

1. Installation problems; smart installers from the software developers are a must.

2. Voice recognition/sound problems; what guidance on this matter comes with the email confirming your purchase of T3D? Nil?  I couldn't get it to work until this forum got me through the setup stages.

3. How to get any updates; where in the purchase process does it tell the buyer to keep the original download links to get any future upgrades?

These are 3 key areas where I think FT & ND are letting customers down; great products not so well supported.  How many people have bought T3D and have had one of these 3 problems but are unaware of this forum with its cluster of knowledgeable & helpful members?  I shudder to think.

A bit more support/information with the original purchase would go a long way with more happy customers, fewer pleas for help, and a boost to the customer satisfaction levels with FT & ND.

Vic/Ariel/Gabor:

This post is a bit of tough love and meant with the best of intentions.  But what about a 'Welcome to T3D email' for new purchasers with clear advice on installations, voice recognition setups, etc?  But don't worry, I'll keep buying your products as they give me days of fun getting them to work!! 🙂 

Wayne

and thanks again for everybody's quick replies to assist the new guy.  much appreciated. 

i saw the tower 3d pro videos and knew i had to try this atc simulation.  now that i have it installed an running, i am really enjoying tower 3d pro.

be safe.......

jd66