The simFlight Network Forums

KPHX Bug

CL30

This is my first bug report; really hope I'm doing it right, lol.  I ran the game using the .Bat file and have the Output_Log attached.  It's a YUUUUGE log file though...and I don't see any of the planes I was working.  The date of the file actually shows a few days ago, so maybe I'm not doing that part right.

• Game version is SP 3.3c
  • PHX, RT and RC should be the latest releases.  I just installed PHX a couple of weeks ago (updated RT the same day, and purchased RC even more recently) , but not sure how/where to find version info to check.

Description of problem:

• I assigned SWA 1431 a departure from 25R at E12.  Original taxi assignment is taxi via Delta Sierra Echo.  I did this to accommodate AAL 460 and AAL 925, and allow them to pass.
  • I then gave SWA 1431 a Hold Short of taxiway D11 command.
  • Once the AAL flights passed, I gave a new clearance to taxi via D11 Echo to the runway.  This is where problems happen.
  • In this case, SWA did a series of turns (in reverse) through the end of the terminal.
  • It then backed all the way up the alley between two terminals, stopped, and then taxied normally via D11 and Echo.
  • In the past, I have seen various aircraft do so much as to back up all the way across runways!  (Pics added below, but no Output Log from that day)

These pics show SWA as it was backing up, and then turning onto Echo like normal.

Pic #1 shows the plane inside a terminal (ADIRS)

Pic #2 shows the plane backing up the alley

Pic #3 shows it after taxing normally via D11 and left onto Echo.

sUPhfQv.png

gmvHTGI.png

QaWcK2E.png

It seems to be a problem for the game if you taxi aircraft West on taxiway Delta, and then a left turn onto either D10 or D11 and onto Echo.  I've had many, many problems of 360s, planes not making assigned turns, or weird reversing across the airport in various directions like these cases.

Below you can see SWA 1684, which was given similar taxi routing, had done a 360 in reverse, and then backed itself across Delta, Echo, the dirt, Runway 25R, almost hit a departure aircraft, the dirt, and only stopped when I gave a Hold Position command. 

3xzYnGR.png

0DAzAT0.png

output_log.txt

15 minutes ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

@CL30 is this happening repeatedly every time you play KPHX?  Do you have KPHX SP.1?  When did the problem start? 

Ariel,

I don't know how to check which version of PHX I have, but I just bought that airport very recently (first or 2nd week of September, I think), so unless there were changes since then, it should be the latest version.

Yes, I get weird things happening every time I play PHX, but usually only at the Southwest Airlines terminals.  This morning I gave the same taxi routing as above (Delta Sierra Echo to 25R @ E12), and this time the plane never taxied down Delta, it just made a hard left turn onto D10 or D11, whichever it was sitting next to, and taxied to the runway.

The problem has been present as long as I have owned PHX, which is only a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...