The simFlight Network Forums

CYVR - Vancouver International Real Traffic Custom Schedule - Spring 2019

battlehawk77

Vancouver Overview

How ya doin'?

It is my pleasure to introduce my fourth offering for week schedules - CYVR - Vancouver International!

Like Gatwick, Barcelona and Orlando, you get to experience a typical week in southwest Canada, taken, as always, from actual traffic data. You will be seeing what the actual controllers saw.

Vancouver is the second-busiest airport in Canada, which served over 25 million passengers in 2018. As one might expect, Vancouver is a hub for both Air Canada and WestJet. There is also plenty of international traffic to provide lots of heavies, and lots of small traffic for those that enjoy a more active GA experience, and cargo traffic is also quite plentiful.

1375727001_CYVRtrafficchart.png.bbccf445f22660703c99413a03f9b63e.png

As always, every effort has been made to use existing Real Color aircraft and liveries. There may be a few white aircraft, but, by and large, you will find Vancouver is a colorful place!

Like with my previous offerings, you will find, within the main CYVR-battlehawk77 folder, a folder for each day of the week, along with snippet file folders within each day to allow you a smoother and more robust traffic feel.

Also included is a listing of the GA operators, a PDF taxi chart, graphic and text files of the traffic levels for each day, and a text file within each day folder of the hourly traffic breakdown.

It is recommended to place the CYVR-battlehawk77 folder in your main CYVR folder, then copy and paste the files needed (after you back up the originals, of course).

If you have any questions, comments, or notice any bugs, please feel free to message me here or on Discord.

So, grab you some Timmy's and enjoy!

Gavin (battlehawk77)

CYVR-battlehawk77-v1.0.zip

• Like 6

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to trying this one out. Once I've played the original schedule a bit.

And I really have to say that the attached photo looks very nice! I didn't know Vancouver was such a beautiful city!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cursingnurse said:

Really enjoying the schedule so far! So neat to be able to play my home airport at the same time as I can watch the actual flights come in on FlightRadar. Thanks for the hard work!

You're quite welcome! I'm glad you enjoy it! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I had some problems with your Terminal File, there are just not enough Heavy-Terminals in Terminal C, only 1 I think.

I moved all airlines other then ACA to Terminal D (CAL,CSN,ICE,CRK,CBJ,JAL,ANT,CPA,VIV,EVA,CCA,CHH,CSC,KLM,AIJ,AMX)

I also removed JZA and ACA from all Terminals and just used Terminal C for them. In real life those two also use Terminal E for International Flights, but the game already can't keep domestic/international apart, and by this Terminal C becomes much more lively. I played it for an hour like this w/o problems.

A problem I did see coming at the end... not enough Terminals for NON-props... it may be a good idea to keep ACA in Terminal D for the Heavies, and Terminal E for overflow... JZA realy needs to be in Terminal C only, just to use all those little gates there...

On 6/12/2019 at 12:27 PM, andredragt said:

A problem I did see coming at the end... not enough Terminals for NON-props... it may be a good idea to keep ACA in Terminal D for the Heavies, and Terminal E for overflow... JZA realy needs to be in Terminal C only, just to use all those little gates there...

Something I tried for the heck of it was to swap out some of the dh4 for crj 200s to see if the cr2 JZA would park in the smaller gates (which realistically size comparison of the gates; the crj should definitely fit into) and found out that the crj200s can only park in gates were it's big enough for the crj9 and bigger. That's just how that chose to code CYVR though. 😕