The simFlight Network Forums

Real Traffic Download Link Not Working

Technobyrd

this is caused by there being excessive downloads using your link - hackers make the Internet suck.

to have new links made contact BMT Micro support with details about the purchase at cservice@bmtmicro.com or 800-414-4268  (USA/ Canada) / +1 910- 792-9100 (international customers).

6 hours ago, scoobflight said:

this is caused by there being excessive downloads using your link - hackers make the Internet suck.

to have new links made contact BMT Micro support with details about the purchase at cservice@bmtmicro.com or 800-414-4268  (USA/ Canada) / +1 910- 792-9100 (international customers).

That's a real interesting statement Scoob.

Effectively that means the OP had his email account hacked?

Or....?

1 hour ago, blacklabelbraai said:

Effectively that means the OP had his email account hacked?

After one year my access was also blocked. I contacted BMT Micro and after a few hours the download was available again. Same link, same password.
This would not make sense with a hacked account. (Hackers would attack the server and not email accounts in this case by the way.)

As I understand it, there are 4 scenarios:
1. Excessive access will result in a 48 hour ban, repetition will probably block the password
2. Exhaustion of the maximum downloads
3. Inactivity over a period of time
4. Expiry of the period during which the password can be used

Should I be subject to a misjudgement, please correct me.

4 hours ago, EliGrim said:

After one year my access was also blocked. I contacted BMT Micro and after a few hours the download was available again. Same link, same password.
This would not make sense with a hacked account. (Hackers would attack the server and not email accounts in this case by the way.)

As I understand it, there are 4 scenarios:
1. Excessive access will result in a 48 hour ban, repetition will probably block the password
2. Exhaustion of the maximum downloads
3. Inactivity over a period of time
4. Expiry of the period during which the password can be used

Should I be subject to a misjudgement, please correct me.

I have BMTmicro links that are 13+ years old ... never been reset, never been blocked, etc.

The links get locked when there are excessive downloads and/or incorrect password attempts.

@EliGrim & @scoobflight,

For a period of time, Nyerges Design released Real Traffic and Real Color titles with expiration dates. 

This was discussed in a thread starting with this post: https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85958-early-look-major-update-new-liveries-for-lax-locally-t3d-pro/?do=findComment&comment=521308

Not sure if this is the OP's problem or not - depends on the purchase date. "Hackers" may be the issue now, but that hasn't always been this case.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Technobyrd said:

I just purchased CDG and when I went to reinstall my real traffic add-on to make it functional with my new airport the link in the email I was sent over a year ago wouldn't work and when I went to the page where you input the code and password it said invalid password

Please contact BMT MIcro support at cservice@bmtmicro.com for link replacement.