The simFlight Network Forums

FRANKFURT -EDDF FOR TOWER!3D AND TOWER!3D PRO HAS BEEN RELEASED

FeelThere_Vic

I enjoyed EDDF a lot as it is the airport I was priviliged to work for five years. It is fun and brings a lot of memories, feels like coming home. Thank you for this release!

But to be honest there are some issues with the runways available: Runways 25R/07L and 36 are not available for departures but I was able to dispatch A/C für departures on these runways. On the other hand runway 18, the socalled "Startbahn West" is not available for arrivals although it id possible to assign it for possible arrivals.

As these are important regulations you might consider a hotfix for this...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Speedbird2779 said:

I enjoyed EDDF a lot as it is the airport I was priviliged to work for five years. It is fun and brings a lot of memories, feels like coming home. Thank you for this release!

But to be honest there are some issues with the runways available: Runways 25R/07L and 36 are not available for departures but I was able to dispatch A/C für departures on these runways. On the other hand runway 18, the socalled "Startbahn West" is not available for arrivals although it id possible to assign it for possible arrivals.

As these are important regulations you might consider a hotfix for this...

I don't really see this as a problem.  Those who wish to play realistically are free to follow the rules as closely as they like.  Those who wish to experiment with imaginary alternatives are free to do so as well.   It just makes the product more enjoyable for more people.

Andrew

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

don't really see this as a problem.  Those who wish to play realistically are free to follow the rules as closely as they like.

Well put @Avwriter. This is not unique as applies to a number of released airports. 

If you want to run the airport properly then just don't select the options and follow Airport Ops rules pedantically for your own enjoyment (which for my own personal gaming I do but that's my choice)

Others can just play it as another game and play it how they want to without real life Ops restrictions for their own enjoyment (as do some YT streamers!).

You pay your money and take your pick 😁

9 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Then why allow replies?

Because how simflight.com set up the forum moderators/owners can't lock threads.  Moderators/owners used to but in a software update about 2-3 years ago they turned that ability off.

• Upvote 1