The simFlight Network Forums

EDDF - Frankfurt am Main - Real Traffic Schedule - Winter 2020

battlehawk77

Frankfurt-title.jpg.a090be0eb34f66248599538901f0317b.jpg

Guten tag, meine damen und herren!

I'm pleased to share with you my latest addition to my real traffic schedules - EDDF - Frankfurt am Main Airport.

As with all of my other schedules, you'll get to experience a week in the life of a controller in western Germany. What you'll see is what they saw.

Frankfurt Airport sits southwest of its namesake city. It is the busiest airport in Germany and the fourth-busiest in Europe, seeing over 70 million passengers in 2019. This places it as the 13th-busiest airport in the world. With its four large runways, Frankfurt is Lufthansa's primary hub for the parent airline and its many subsidiaries, and it serves as a focus city for Ryanair, SunExpress Deutschland, and TUI fly Deutschland. There is also a great number of carriers from around the world that pay the airport a visit, often bringing their most modern aircraft.

Those that enjoy cargo operations are going to be very happy campers here, as Aero Logic, Lufthansa Cargo, and FedEx, among many other cargo carriers, operate here, and at differing hours of the day. There is a small amount of GA traffic, too.

1849932008_EDDFdailytrafficgraph.png.b17850a6624a2ba1f9c81ac28f64c4dd.png

As with my other airports, every effort has been made to use existing Real Color aircraft and liveries. There may be a few white aircraft, but, for the most part, you will find Frankfurt to be a colorful and busy place!

And, if you'd like to see the schedule and airport in action, take a look at this!

Like with my previous offerings, you will find, within the main EDDF-battlehawk77-Winter 2020 folder, a folder for each day of the week, along with snippet file folders within each day to allow you a smoother and more robust traffic feel.

Also included is a listing of the GA operators, a PDF taxi chart, graphic and text files of the traffic levels for each day, and a text file within each day folder of the hourly traffic breakdown.

It is recommended to place the EDDF-battlehawk77-Winter 2020 folder in your main EDDF folder, then copy and paste the files needed (after you back up the originals, of course). It is also HIGHLY recommended to review the included Readme file, as it contains important operational information, along with where you need to put the included files for best results.

If you have any questions, comments, or notice any bugs, please feel free to message me here or on Discord.

Genießen!

-Gavin (battlehawk77)

EDDF-battlehawk77-Winter 2020-v1.2.zip

Edited by battlehawk77
Updated to remove duplicate flights.
  • Like 6

Hi Gavin

I don't know if this could be an error in your modified terminal-file. But Lufthansa (DLH) flights are only listed to be using: Terminal_A, Terminal_B and Terminal_RemoteW. That means that many DLH flights dosen't appear for a long time in game play, when using the full schedule, and not a snippet. Long periods without pushbacks, and only DLH arrivals when a plane pushes back 🙂

31 minutes ago, Dalsgaard83 said:

Hi Gavin

I don't know if this could be an error in your modified terminal-file. But Lufthansa (DLH) flights are only listed to be using: Terminal_A, Terminal_B and Terminal_RemoteW. That means that many DLH flights dosen't appear for a long time in game play, when using the full schedule, and not a snippet. Long periods without pushbacks, and only DLH arrivals when a plane pushes back 🙂

Thank you for that catch. 🙂

I had put in the incorrect terminal file. I have updated it to include the correct one. 🙂

• Like 1

Hey I found duplicate flight on this schedule. It is on Sunday schedule KLC1762 

20200301104659_1.jpg

EDIT: I'm fixed by myself and I found a lot of duplicate flight. I delete them but you should review all flight watch and fix it

7 hours ago, battlehawk77 said:

@Zatris Thank you for that! I thought I had squashed all of those duplicates. Thank you! 🙂

All: Updated to remove duplicate flights. 🙂

There is another duplicate flight pair with the same airline on Sunday Morning (9:22 am) KLC 1763

What Date and Day and Month of this Schedule based on. Because I checked the schedule file, it have the Lufthansa LH780 and LH781 to Nanjing and other flight to China like Beijing and shanghai . But I checked the Flightaware data. It was Cancelled due to the Virus Spread since Feburary.

13 hours ago, Dan1994 said:

What Date and Day and Month of this Schedule based on. Because I checked the schedule file, it have the Lufthansa LH780 and LH781 to Nanjing and other flight to China like Beijing and shanghai . But I checked the Flightaware data. It was Cancelled due to the Virus Spread since Feburary.

If my memory serves, it was taken in early January. 🙂

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I found some duplicate flights departing to DUB

FRA,DUB,320,LH,978,12:00,10:14,1,LH - it's actualy good one:)
FRA,DUB,20N,LH,2744,12:00,10:14,1,LH  - this fnumb. was used between MUC and CGN

and HEL

FRA,HEL,320,LH,848,12:00,09:57,1,LH - this flight number is the most accurate 

FRA,HEL,320,LH,1987,12:00,09:57,1,LH - this fnumber is used primarily between CGN and MUC

also VTBD (old icao for BKK Don Mueang) should be replaced into VTBS (Suvarnabhumi) 🙂

Cheers,!

Great work

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Hey, just picked up EDDF and have been playing it with a friend using your schedule. Have been playing the Friday schedule and noticed that so far there not all the planes in the schedule seem to be showing up. For example, at the 0800 hour instead of getting 89 movements we only got around 50-60. We are playing at 100% so I know that's not it. Not sure what could be causing this issue.

32 minutes ago, CenturioRomanus said:

Hey, just picked up EDDF and have been playing it with a friend using your schedule. Have been playing the Friday schedule and noticed that so far there not all the planes in the schedule seem to be showing up. For example, at the 0800 hour instead of getting 89 movements we only got around 50-60. We are playing at 100% so I know that's not it. Not sure what could be causing this issue.

Planes not showing up is a known game engine flaw due to the way FT chose to load 8-10 hours of flights, handle arrivals, gate assignments, and gate availability. This is definitely not an issue with @battlehawk77’s schedule. 

For best results, you should use an hourly schedule snippet provided by Gavin which combats the game engine flaw by reducing the overloading of flights. If you’re already using a snippet, then sadly you’re out of luck. 

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

Planes not showing up is a known game engine flaw due to the way FT chose to load 8-10 hours of flights, handle arrivals, gate assignments, and gate availability. This is definitely not an issue with @battlehawk77’s schedule. 

For best results, you should use an hourly schedule snippet provided by Gavin which combats the game engine flaw by reducing the overloading of flights. If you’re already using a snippet, then sadly you’re out of luck. 

I tried using the hourly to see if it would improve, and for some reason, arrivals are spacing out as if there is only one runway being used even though both 25L and 25R are being used, so I think that's what is causing a lot of the planes not to show up.

7 hours ago, CenturioRomanus said:

I tried using the hourly to see if it would improve, and for some reason, arrivals are spacing out as if there is only one runway being used even though both 25L and 25R are being used, so I think that's what is causing a lot of the planes not to show up.

Again you're dealing with the game engine limitations I mentioned previously. The log file from a session will indicate exactly what is going on.

• 1 year later...