The simFlight Network Forums

Wind direction

Math44

HI,

When I started the game several times, I changed the runways to see if there was an impact, but not.

I just lauched the game by selecting runways 22L and 22R, and the wind is still 032 degrees....

Edited by Math44

On 4/8/2020 at 12:02 AM, Salad said:

Also select the calm? option from the weather drop down. If you choose normal, stormy etc. you are at the mercy of wind direction.

Graham

Thanks for the advice, but it's already done and this not solve my prob....

4 hours ago, Math44 said:

Thanks for the advice, but it's already done and this not solve my prob....

Selecting calm won't change the wind direction, but it will allow you to choose whatever runways you want.

if your "problem" is the actual wind direction is not what you want, you're out of luck. Maybe the next version.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Selecting calm won't change the wind direction, but it will allow you to choose whatever runways you want.

if your "problem" is the actual wind direction is not what you want, you're out of luck. Maybe the next version.

It's not out of luck, I really launched the gam 100 times (I can provide the noted values each time) and wind is always between 323 and 068 degrees.

I find that for a commercial product, it's a bit of a shame to have to arrange yourself or even to fully enjoy the product.

I tend to ignore the wind when playing the game because at most times it is below 10Kts, mostly below 5kts. Most A/C can accept a tailwind up to 10Kts for T/o or landing.

Just ignore the wind and enjoy your session with the game.Use whatever runway you want. It wont make any difference.

Kev

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2