The simFlight Network Forums

Custom Schedule Files KEWR

ATC AlaskaGuy

KEWR custom Schedule Files hope that this works for everyone there were some errors but I fixed them so these are the updated files. The only files that are not there yet are the GAANDLOCALTRAFFIC files. these files are coming I have to fix this file that came with the airport and when I have I will add them to this.

KEWR 01.jpg

KEWR 02.jpg

KEWR EWR Aircraft Movements by Hour.png

kewr_airplanes.txt kewr_gaandlocaltraffic.txt kewr_airports.txt kewr_schedule.txt kewr_airlines.txt kewr_terminal.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 3:24 AM, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

had some issues that I discovered in the schedule file so this file has been updated now.

Hello I think the flight Number from Dublin to Newark or Newark to Dublin is EI 101 or 102 or whatever. not EI 901, Because I checked Flightaware, The EI 901 is from Shannon to Faro with aer lingus  

that is because of the way i make my own flight numbers so no flight number is the same as another airline also i put the lowest numbers with the airlines that have a hub at the airport so flight numbers are not the same as is in flight aware or flight radar24 its so no flight number is used in the same hour with two different airlines

• Confused 3

57 minutes ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

no flight number is used in the same hour with two different airlines

You are completely free to decide on your own schedules. The following is neither to be understood as criticism nor as a suggestion for change. It is just a remark.

Even if identical flight numbers are not a problem in principle, it makes sense to do without them for the same airline in this version. Under certain circumstances this can indeed lead to difficulties.
Different airlines, however, can use the same flight number without problems. I would only refrain from doing so, if e.g. two airlines share the same callsign, which might be the case when using flights from the Retro Pack in a schedule with "normal" airlines.

well that is true but I have ran into a issue with the game not working right when two different airlines have the same flight number where the planes won't push back if the flight numbers are the same so because of that i had to go into all of my schedule files and do them with my own way to number the flights with a particular airline. that is  the reason it is the way that it is. I should have said something about this before and just didn't think about doing  that so that is my fault for not clarifying that i know for sure the schedule files i make work great actually.

• Confused 3

• 1 year later...

A bit late to the party, but just picked up KEWR and this schedule really makes it fun. Thanks.

Two quick questions if you're still out there @ATC AlaskaGuy:

1. I had a US Airways flight. I thought they disappeared in 2015 with the AA merger.

2. I had TWA 819 show up. I can't find any airline listed as TWA other than the obvious one that disappeared 20 years ago. Who is this carrier?

Again, thanks for all the hard work on this.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:52 PM, hexzed said:

I would say Alaskaguy has added some flights from the retro pack to his schedule, so you are correct that they are not current flights

Kind of a bummer for me as I like to be as current as possible. Having retired flights there takes me out of the immersion.