Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums

sim stops responding after 7 hours


Recommended Posts

hi there  hope you are well as per title says  i have been having this issue for a few weeks now tried everything including a fresh install of everything everytime i do a flight longer than 7 hours or more the sim will stop responding to any inputs or comands view changes in chaseplane etc etc the sound and the image its there so no freeze or crash to desktopi can ear and see the aircraft no problem everything else i dont gert any response or inputs  this last flight i had the autosave on and it did not save any of it and the autopilot stops responding within the 7 hours or more it does happen with all the aircraft pmdg,fs labs,maddog , i will attach the ini files and the log as i am sure its something wrong with this as i have tried the sim without add ons and everything its fine any help would appreciated as its frustrating at the moment i am on p3dv5 hotfix 2 i do know at least another 2 users having the same issue thnak you in advance 

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It could be that this issue is created by an old bug relating to the total  number of connections used by simconnect clients - this is an old issue known in FSX and has been confirmed over at FSDevelo

Sorry, I'm getting confused again! LogCustom is FSUIPC7, for FSUIPC6, please use:     Debug=Please     LogExtras=x4 Later: unfortunately saved files or errors saving files aren't currently lo

No all you do is choose what you want to install and don’t run when the sim is running that stopped my issue all together 

Hi,

as the Log file shows you used the PMDG B747 aircraft and as your INI file shows you have only a profile for FSLabs A320 but no other definition in FSUIPC for any other aircraft, included no definition of controls or axes at all. All of those add-on aircrafts deal direct with P3D via SimConnect, they don't use FSUIPC at all. In their internal systems like AutoPilot FSUIPC is also not involved. The flight you send the Log file from FSUIPC is in nothing involved other than asking P3D to save flights every 10 minutes.

Also you have Controllers activated in P3D and as there is no non profile definition nor a profile with definitions for PMDG B747, so you will have defined all functions direct in P3D.

Thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

as the Log file shows you used the PMDG B747 aircraft and as your INI file shows you have only a profile for FSLabs A320 but no other definition in FSUIPC for any other aircraft, included no definition of controls or axes at all. All of those add-on aircrafts deal direct with P3D via SimConnect, they don't use FSUIPC at all. In their internal systems like AutoPilot FSUIPC is also not involved. The flight you send the Log file from FSUIPC is in nothing involved other than asking P3D to save flights every 10 minutes.

Also you have Controllers activated in P3D and as there is no non profile definition nor a profile with definitions for PMDG B747, so you will have defined all functions direct in P3D.

Thomas

Indeed Thomas i have tried with p3d controls on or off with fsuipc controls on or off and the results are the same the auto save that’s what it supposed to do save the flights correct ? It’s not saving as it says in the log  it happens with any aircraft like I stated in my post only after 7 hours I have been using fsuipc for years in previous p3d versions and never had this issue as far as I know I don’t need to have all the profiles for all the aircraft some I prefer the way fsuipc handles them some I prefer p3d so I don’t think the issue it’s that otherwise it would happen straight away not always after 7 hours 

Edited by vieira12
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

my answer was based on the files you sent. In case FSUIPC is not involved in the usage of the PMDG B747 you used, it is not the source of your problem.

To eliminate and prove FSUIPC is the source, please do a flight with that length with a standard/stock aircraft of P3D instead with the same setup of controls in P3D as you did in your last flight (sent files).

Thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

my answer was based on the files you sent. In case FSUIPC is not involved in the usage of the PMDG B747 you used, it is not the source of your problem.

To eliminate and prove FSUIPC is the source, please do a flight with that length with a standard/stock aircraft of P3D instead with the same setup of controls in P3D as you did in your last flight (sent files).

Thomas

I did already ence posting in here this issue does not happen unless I have  fsuipc installed in my system thank you for trying to help anyway 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be an issue with SimConnect if it only occurs when using add-ons. Try logging SimConnect, and see if that tells you anything when this occurs. To activate SimConnect logging, see 

 

Maybe also worth checking the windows event viewer to see if anything is reported there (although there won't be a CTD report).

Can you also please confirm that it only occurs with FSUIPC running, i.e. a vanilla (without add-ons) P3D is ok, and P4D with ONLY FSUIPC installed gives this issue?

On 10/22/2020 at 12:32 PM, vieira12 said:

the auto save that’s what it supposed to do save the flights correct ? It’s not saving as it says in the log  it happens with any aircraft

I'm sorry, but is this a separate issue? Are you saying that autosave isn't working for you? I can see you have errors in your log:
 

Quote

   4264859 *** ERROR: Autosave couldn't delete "C:\Users\duart\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\AutoSave Wed 014928" (error 2/2)
 22850171 *** ERROR: Autosave couldn't delete "C:\Users\duart\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\AutoSave Thu 061140" (error 2/2)
 23449718 *** ERROR: Autosave couldn't delete "C:\Users\duart\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\AutoSave Thu 062140" (error 2/2)
 24049250 *** ERROR: Autosave couldn't delete "C:\Users\duart\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\AutoSave Thu 063139" (error 2/2)
 24648781 *** ERROR: Autosave couldn't delete "C:\Users\duart\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\AutoSave Thu 064139" (error 2/2)
 25248343 *** ERROR: Autosave couldn't delete "C:\Users\duart\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files\AutoSave Thu 065138" (error 2/2)

Thats due to an error with FSUIPC6 trying to delete files previously saved? Do you have any auto-save files?

Note that when using complex add-ons such as PMDG, the autosave files can get quite large. Can you also check your disk space - especially when you experience your issue.

Anyway, please clarify your issue with AutoSave and we can add some logging flags to see whats happening.

John

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

It may be an issue with SimConnect if it only occurs when using add-ons. Try logging SimConnect, and see if that tells you anything when this occurs. To activate SimConnect logging, see 

 

Maybe also worth checking the windows event viewer to see if anything is reported there (although there won't be a CTF report).

Can you also please confirm that it only occurs with FSUIPC running, i.e. a vanilla (without add-ons) P3D is ok, and P4D with ONLY FSUIPC installed gives this issue?

I'm sorry, but is this a separate issue? Are you saying that autosave isn't working for you? I can see you have errors in your log:
 

Thats due to an error with FSUIPC6 trying to delete files previously saved? Do you have any auto-save files?

Note that when using complex add-ons such as PMDG, the autosave files can get quite large. Can you also check your disk space - especially when you experience your issue.

Anyway, please clarify your issue with AutoSave and we can add some logging flags to see whats happening.

John

I will do a few more tests jonh and get back to you in a couple of days just to make sure thank you very much for replying this autosave  issue only happened yesterday it never happened before it’s just strange cos it’s only happening after 7 hours never before .the auto save I am only saving 2 files and every 600 seconds and only in long hauls I have about 130 gb free in my ssd  no jonh it didn’t save any files at all wich is strange 

Edited by vieira12
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vieira12 said:

it didn’t save any files at all wich is strange 

Are you sure it didn't save any? You session started at 22/10/2020 00:00:50, and the first autosave delete failure was for the file created at 061140, so 5hours 20mins into the session. I suspect that autosave files were created before this, but have all been deleted - especially as you are only keeping 1 autosave file.

As autosave is also done by a simconnect call (and you have plenty of disk space), I suspect that it is simconnect that is failing. Not sure why there are no errors reported though, which is strange. I'll get back to you (tomorrow) with some additional logging flags that you can add.

However, as all your controls are handled by P3D and not FSUIPC, I don't understand how this could affect you controls...

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Are you sure it didn't save any? You session started at 22/10/2020 00:00:50, and the first autosave delete failure was for the file created at 061140, so 5hours 20mins into the session. I suspect that autosave files were created before this, but have all been deleted - especially as you are only keeping 1 autosave file.

As autosave is also done by a simconnect call (and you have plenty of disk space), I suspect that it is simconnect that is failing. Not sure why there are no errors reported though, which is strange. I'll get back to you (tomorrow) with some additional logging flags that you can add.

However, as all your controls are handled by P3D and not FSUIPC, I don't understand how this could affect you controls...

I am doing a flight now jonh and I will enable the autosave to see if the issue persists I am also disabling the controls in p3d and just using the new ones I have just done in fsuipc I will then list what was connected in terms of add ons thank you very much for you help and reply’s when I went in the pc this morning around 7 the issue was already there so I have exit the sim came back in tried to load a previous flight but there was no files saved in there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Are you sure it didn't save any? You session started at 22/10/2020 00:00:50, and the first autosave delete failure was for the file created at 061140, so 5hours 20mins into the session. I suspect that autosave files were created before this, but have all been deleted - especially as you are only keeping 1 autosave file.

As autosave is also done by a simconnect call (and you have plenty of disk space), I suspect that it is simconnect that is failing. Not sure why there are no errors reported though, which is strange. I'll get back to you (tomorrow) with some additional logging flags that you can add.

However, as all your controls are handled by P3D and not FSUIPC, I don't understand how this could affect you controls...

hello jonh again so for this test i have used the following addons :pmdg747,active skybeta ,chaseplane,parallel immersionfor the 747,aig traffic add on ,ai companion ,and rex sky force,mk studios for the lppt scenery and ,flightbeam kden . i did delete the panel state in the pmdg to be fresh before i started the flight  thats it at the begining of the flight everything was saving as normal 2 files every 600seconds as soon as it happened all the saves where deleted as you can see in the attached file i have done the simconnect log file but i am not sure its correct as its 6 gb long it wont let upload the simconnect file as its saying its too big i think i have done it right if not please advise thank you 

FSUIPC6.log FSUIPC6.ini SimConnect.ini

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John Dowson said:

It may be an issue with SimConnect if it only occurs when using add-ons. Try logging SimConnect, and see if that tells you anything when this occurs. To activate SimConnect logging, see 

 

Maybe also worth checking the windows event viewer to see if anything is reported there (although there won't be a CTF report).

Can you also please confirm that it only occurs with FSUIPC running, i.e. a vanilla (without add-ons) P3D is ok, and P4D with ONLY FSUIPC installed gives this issue?

I'm sorry, but is this a separate issue? Are you saying that autosave isn't working for you? I can see you have errors in your log:
 

Thats due to an error with FSUIPC6 trying to delete files previously saved? Do you have any auto-save files?

Note that when using complex add-ons such as PMDG, the autosave files can get quite large. Can you also check your disk space - especially when you experience your issue.

Anyway, please clarify your issue with AutoSave and we can add some logging flags to see whats happening.

John

i dont seem to be getting log files 1.2.3.etc etc it just stays on 0all the time it wont let me send you the log cos it keeps saying its to big 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there John,

I'm also experiencing this freeze after 7 hours of running the simulator.

 

Usually right when I install FSUIPC everything works, but the moment I set up any controls in FSUIPC (even a push-to-talk button on the trigger button on my joystick) it starts to happen.

I will do a test with freshly installed FSUIPC and send you the appropriate logs.

On this link you can also find my test log regarding this issue. I believe you will find it quite robust: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ajwir6sTKzZQ08gmZpyhaRSh5Gf7zQ?e=OZ3T60

Overall, me and a few other people having this issue managed to isolate the cause to FSUIPC. I don't know how, or why, but when FSUIPC is not selected as an active addon, everything works fine. If it's on, after 7 hours the sim will stop responding to control and keyboard inputs, the plane will go off course and slightly (or signifficantly in the case of QW787) change it's altitude.

Vojta

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vieira12 said:

as soon as it happened all the saves where deleted as you can see in the attached file

Why do you think this? You are only now keeping 2 autosave files. When it comes to create the 3rd, it will delete the oldest one. So it looks like the oldest one is being deleted, but the new one isn't being created. So, once this happens twice, you will have no autsave files left, although FSUIPC thinks that there are two files. And the next time it comes to save a file, it tries to delete the oldest which doesn't exist, hence the error in your log. You can log autosave activity by going into Log->Custom, and entering x4. Try this to see what it reports.

9 hours ago, vieira12 said:

simconnect log file but i am not sure its correct as its 6 gb long it wont let upload the simconnect file as its saying its too big i think i have done it right if not please advise thank you 

If you've got the file, then its correct. It is a large file. I'm not really interested in the contents, unless you can see any errors there around the time you lose control. Can you see anything?

9 hours ago, vieira12 said:

i dont seem to be getting log files 1.2.3.etc etc it just stays on 0all the time it wont let me send you the log cos it keeps saying its to big 

It should increment and start a new log file on each connection, but it doesn't look like this is working correctly in MSFS. Don't worry about it.

The autosave error is  timed at 5647891, i.e. just over 1h 34mins into your session.
You then have a 'Sim Stopped' event 4 hours 37 minutes into session, then another at 7 hours 46 minutes into the session. When exactly did the sim stop responding? Is it related to any of these events?

If the autosave issue is occuring such a long time before you lose control, I don't think these issues are related, but lets wait until I see your log with the autosave logging activated.

Btw, did you use FSUIPC5 (with P3Dv4), and if so did you experience the same issue?

 

Later: when the issue occurs, if you close FSUIPC do you then regain control? What if you restart FSUIPC?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nikolaj.Delaney

32 minutes ago, Nikolaj.Delaney said:

Usually right when I install FSUIPC everything works, but the moment I set up any controls in FSUIPC (even a push-to-talk button on the trigger button on my joystick) it starts to happen.

I'm sorry, this is confusing me... are you saying that you only get the freeze after 7 hours if you have an assignment in FSUIPC7, but otherwise not? Or that the freeze occurs (the moment) when you try to add an assignment (after 7 hours?) ?

39 minutes ago, Nikolaj.Delaney said:

On this link you can also find my test log regarding this issue. I believe you will find it quite robust: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ajwir6sTKzZQ08gmZpyhaRSh5Gf7zQ?e=OZ3T60

Thats just a spreadsheet that I don't really understand - FSUIPC is mentioned twice (Ok for reinstall, blank for reset to defaults), and not mentioned when the result is freeze.

Anyway, I must admit that I've never done a flight over 7 hours. I'll see if I can set one up over the weekend and if I can reproduce the issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Why do you think this? You are only now keeping 2 autosave files. When it comes to create the 3rd, it will delete the oldest one. So it looks like the oldest one is being deleted, but the new one isn't being created. So, once this happens twice, you will have no autsave files left, although FSUIPC thinks that there are two files. And the next time it comes to save a file, it tries to delete the oldest which doesn't exist, hence the error in your log. You can log autosave activity by going into Log->Custom, and entering x4. Try this to see what it reports.

If you've got the file, then its correct. It is a large file. I'm not really interested in the contents, unless you can see any errors there around the time you lose control. Can you see anything?

It should increment and start a new log file on each connection, but it doesn't look like this is working correctly in MSFS. Don't worry about it.

The autosave error is  timed at 5647891, i.e. just over 1h 34mins into your session.
You then have a 'Sim Stopped' event 4 hours 37 minutes into session, then another at 7 hours 46 minutes into the session. When exactly did the sim stop responding? Is it related to any of these events?

If the autosave issue is occuring such a long time before you lose control, I don't think these issues are related, but lets wait until I see your log with the autosave logging activated.

Btw, did you use FSUIPC5 (with P3Dv4), and if so did you experience the same issue?

 

Later: when the issue occurs, if you close FSUIPC do you then regain control? What if you restart FSUIPC?

The saved files should be there on the p3d load flight page as it always did before if I exit tge sim and go back in  it and then try to load the saved flight there’s nothing there at all only the p3d default flights and missions as before if I saved a file or used the auto save with fsuipc it would show the 2 files I am requesting to save 

i have used it in v4 never had these issues before leaving the sim running over 17 hours sometimes 

the sim stops responding after 7 hours only nothing before or in between so flight run normally until the 7 hour mark I the sim stop responding on the  7.45 

I have not tried to close fsuipc and restarting it that’s my next test wich is under way at the moment 

 

thank you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, vieira12 said:

The saved files should be there on the p3d load flight page as it always did before if I exit tge sim and go back in  it and then try to load the saved flight there’s nothing there at all only the p3d default flights and missions as before if I saved a file or used the auto save with fsuipc it would show the 2 files I am requesting to save 

As I said, this looks to be due to the old files being deleted but new ones not being created. Please add the additional logging flag I gave to log autosave to verify this. However, something strange is certainly going on as I would expect to see continual errors (every 600 seconds) on deleting autosave files if not present, which is strange.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

As I said, this looks to be due to the old files being deleted but new ones not being created. Please add the additional logging flag I gave to log autosave to verify this. However, something strange is certainly going on as I would expect to see continual errors (every 600 seconds) on deleting autosave files if not present, which is strange.

 

Where can I find this log custom feature please the only feature that I have that mentions word log is in the main panel of fsuipc in the sim that says logging but there’s no mention of custom ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vieira12 said:

Where can I find this log custom feature please 

Ah, sorry -previous instructions were for FSUIPC7! For FSUIPC6, you need to add the following to the [General] section of your FSUIPC6.ini:

Quote

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x4

 

Edited by John Dowson
LogCustom (for FSUIPC7) changed to LogExtras (FSUIPC6)
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Dowson said:
Quote

Debug=Please
LogCustom=x4

 

Sorry, I'm getting confused again! LogCustom is FSUIPC7, for FSUIPC6, please use:
    Debug=Please
    LogExtras=x4

Later: unfortunately saved files or errors saving files aren't currently logged - I will add for the next release. However, the additional logging will still show when autosave is activated and file deletions and errors thereof. Currently 4h30mins into a flight....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I'm sorry, this is confusing me... are you saying that you only get the freeze after 7 hours if you have an assignment in FSUIPC7, but otherwise not? Or that the freeze occurs (the moment) when you try to add an assignment (after 7 hours?) ?

Negative.

First of all it's FSUIPC6 for P3Dv5HF2. When it's first installed it often works as intended throughtout a flight.

When I set up controls via FSUIPC, it will start creating an issue where after 7 hours of the sim running it will freeze.

My most often used way of finding out if it happened already is by pressing a hotkey for Chaseplane that's supposed to swich to external view. When the freeze already occured, nothing will happen.

This only happens with FSUIPC installed.

I tried fresh install of FSUIPC and setting up controls directly there but the result is still the same.

No issue with autosave on my part.

Link to relevant files soon (too big)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikolaj.Delaney said:

When I set up controls via FSUIPC, it will start creating an issue where after 7 hours of the sim running it will freeze.

I've had P4Dv5 running with FSUIPC6 + Chaseplane for over 24 hours now without an issue. However, I'm currently using the P3Dv5.1 beta. I'll roll back to 5.0HF2 and retest to see if its an issue with that version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nikolaj.Delaney said:

Negative.

First of all it's FSUIPC6 for P3Dv5HF2. When it's first installed it often works as intended throughtout a flight.

When I set up controls via FSUIPC, it will start creating an issue where after 7 hours of the sim running it will freeze.

My most often used way of finding out if it happened already is by pressing a hotkey for Chaseplane that's supposed to swich to external view. When the freeze already occured, nothing will happen.

This only happens with FSUIPC installed.

I tried fresh install of FSUIPC and setting up controls directly there but the result is still the same.

No issue with autosave on my part.

Link to relevant files soon (too big)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ajwir6sTKzZQ8vRV314v3rlruf1u_A?e=HGIxKe

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 11:45 AM, John Dowson said:

However, I'm currently using the P3Dv5.1 beta

Sorry, this is incorrect - it was with 5.0HF2. I don't think this can be an issue with FSUIPC6, especially as it occurs when FSUIPC6 is running but not actuallly doing anything.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:31 PM, Nikolaj.Delaney said:

What are these - they don't seem relevant, e.g. the FSUIPC6.log file is for a session lasting around a minute, and certainly not 7 hours+.
The SimConnect log file just shows a few exceptions from FSLabs.

I did the test on windows 1909. I'll retest on 2004 to see if this is an issue, but doubt it very much.

Did you check the event viewer when this issue occurs? Maybe worth checking to see if there are any system events relating to lack of resources.
You can also try uninstalling and re-installing the VC C++ redistributables, as sometimes strange things can occur if these are out of date or corrupted. Worth a try at least.

Other than that, I'm not sure what more I can do to investigate this issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Did you check the event viewer when this issue occurs? Maybe worth checking to see if there are any system events relating to lack of resources.
You can also try uninstalling and re-installing the VS C++ redistributables, as sometimes strange things can occur if these are out of date or corrupted. Worth a try at least.

there are no events, and the VCs regularly do more bad than good, but I'll try. I have tried it before but I'll try again.

 

8 hours ago, John Dowson said:

I don't think this can be an issue with FSUIPC6, especially as it occurs when FSUIPC6 is running but not actuallly doing anything.

No offense John, but for the last 3 months this issue has been happening, and the only time it doesn't happen is when FSUIPC isn't installed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nikolaj.Delaney said:

but for the last 3 months this issue has been happening, and the only time it doesn't happen is when FSUIPC isn't installed

Something is undoubtedly going on in your system, but John is at a loss as to what to suggest to determine what it is. Have something fail after 7 hours is just so out of any normal experience anyone can have with software, and nothing you've provided suggests any reasons that we can investigate. I applaud john for even attempting a 7 hour flight. it's more than I would have done!

There is one thing which may not have been suggested. You say it happens even with no assignments made in FSUIPC. Is that right? If so this does strongly suggest some action from something outside FSUIPC's code -- another application, possibly using FSUIPC, or a Lua plug-in possibly.

Try a test with FSUIPC installed and running but with FSUIPC unregistered. To do this just remove or rename the FSUIPC6.KEY file in your FSUIPC6.DLL folder. This will mean FSUIPC is doing nothing but requesting and receiving information from SimConnect and dealing with any user applications. So the next step then would be to identify every other add-on which is running, and try again without them, as far as possible. We then might need to do a process of elimination. List the add-ons for us, those running externally as EXE programs and those running internally internally (eg with DLLs or add-on extra Gauges). Whatever interaction is going on may possibly be narrowed down that way.

Pete

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.