The simFlight Network Forums

My LAX custom schedule will not load past 72%

dibartcj

• scoobflight changed the title to My LAX custom schedule will not load past 72%
4 hours ago, dibartcj said:

Any suggestions

Run the game, try to load your schedule, close the game and provide your log file or have a look at it yourself to identify the problem.
You will find a output_log.txt in your tower3d_Data folder.

@dibartcjYou have multiple formatting errors as follows:

DEN,LAX,738,DL,1586,14:25:12:00,1,DL <-- colon instead of a comma between the arrival and departure time
LAS,LAX,E75,QX2573,19:33,12:00,1,QX <-- no comma between the airline IATA code and flight number
LAX,SYD,789,UA,2821,12:00M23:35,1,UA <-- the letter M instead of a comma between the arrival and departure time

Assuming your Real Traffic is fairly current, using 20N and 21N shouldn't be a problem. If you still are having loading issues, posting a log file will help pinpoint the problem.

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

@dibartcjYou have multiple formatting errors as follows:

DEN,LAX,738,DL,1586,14:25:12:00,1,DL <-- colon instead of a comma between the arrival and departure time
LAS,LAX,E75,QX2573,19:33,12:00,1,QX <-- no comma between the airline IATA code and flight number
LAX,SYD,789,UA,2821,12:00M23:35,1,UA <-- the letter M instead of a comma between the arrival and departure time

Assuming your Real Traffic is fairly current, using 20N and 21N shouldn't be a problem. If you still are having loading issues, posting a log file will help pinpoint the problem.

What does it mean array index out of range

20 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

This means that a script tries to access an array element whose index is not valid. I suspect a negative value.

20 hours ago, dibartcj said:

now it stops at 54%

Your array index out of range error, I could not reproduce. But other errors were displayed.
For example, you used an aircraft type 75L that does not exist, typo in terminal file, typos in airports, like LAZ instead of LAS, etc.
Since every time I fixed an error, I was shown a new one, I finally decided to use the Schedule Creator and reproduce your schedule.
Thereby I removed all letters from flight numbers, because there will be problems with the voice recognition.

Here is the corrected schedule from the Schedule Creator. Check if you are satisfied with it by comparing your schedule with the new one.

[link removed, author has received schedule]

A few flights in the GA and Local File I find strange and of course I have not checked every single flight to see if the correct, aircraft model, origin, destination, etc. was always used.

I was not tired yet and can sleep a few hours longer today. However, I will not do it again!!!

44 minutes ago, dibartcj said:

@crbascottfixed those lines now it stops at 54%

posted the output log above.

thanks

The loading stopped at 54% because of another bad schedule entry:

RNO,LAX,E75,OO,5844,17:16,12:0,1,OO <-- 12:0 needs to be corrected to 12:00

As Eligrim suggested you probably want to review your schedule for additional errors. Invalid airports like LAZ won't keep the schedule from loading, but the game will drop those flights. Invalid airplane types like 75L will cause the game loading to freeze.

33 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

Per Microsoft: 

An IndexOutOfRangeException exception is thrown when an invalid index is used to access a member of an array or a collection, or to read or write from a particular location in a buffer. This exception inherits from the Exception class but adds no unique members.

Typically, an IndexOutOfRangeException exception is thrown as a result of developer error. Instead of handling the exception, you should diagnose the cause of the error and correct your code. 

In other words, the devs should have handled this error by possibly displaying an error message (in this case maybe something like "Invalid departure date/time")  instead of just locking up the game.

• Like 1

Just now, crbascott said:

Per Microsoft: 

An IndexOutOfRangeException exception is thrown when an invalid index is used to access a member of an array or a collection, or to read or write from a particular location in a buffer. This exception inherits from the Exception class but adds no unique members.

Typically, an IndexOutOfRangeException exception is thrown as a result of developer error. Instead of handling the exception, you should diagnose the cause of the error and correct your code. 

In other words, the devs should have handled this error by possibly displaying an error message (in this case maybe something like "Invalid departure date/time")  instead of just locking up the game.

Ok I wasn't for sure thanks

@crbascott definitely provided a fancier explanation than I did. 😉
I assume that Unity throws this error message because a loop with descending index values does not stop at 0. Probably the value for the loop is fetched from somewhere else and not matched with the length of the handled array. At least this is a common mistake when coding without a reasonable error management. (Happens to me from time to time as well, if I am too lazy to do it right!) 🙄

EDIT: For me coding is a hobby now, I'm allowed to have messy code. In a paid product, such errors should no longer occur in the beta at the latest. At least I think so.

Edited by EliGrim

As I have said before, when making a schedule that doesn't load properly, I always load it into Excel as a comma deliniated file. Any mistakes in typing, etc. will show up there as the entries in the columns that are wrong will easly show up as they will seem different to the rest of the entries. It is a good practice to run filters on each column & scan down the entries. Any odd ones will whow up there as well.

Kev

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dibartcj said:

@EliGrimTHANKS SO MUCH.....I am putting your schedule and mine side by side so that I can go through and find my errors. Is there a difference between my schedule having the "1" after the times and yours having the "0" after times.

That column is the flight duration which is not used, so it really doesn’t matter what you put in there (as long as it is numeric I assume).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dibartcj said:

having the "1" after the times and yours having the "0" after times

@crbascott already answered it. I just want to take a moment to thank you for bringing it to my attention. Another one for the bug list. I'll change this to "1" in the Schedule Creator to avoid confusing players. Thanks a lot.

• Thanks 1