The simFlight Network Forums

Tower3D Pro: Need help troubleshooting schedule/terminal files

koohead

On 4/24/2021 at 12:50 PM, MJKERR said:

Oddly this includes the B757, as it is classed as Heavy

According to FAA JO (Joint Order) 7360.1 “Aircraft Type Designators”, the 757 is classified as a “Medium” size aircraft by its maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) and ICAO wake turbulence criteria (WTC) standards.  However, the game has 3 of the 4 model variants it uses classified as “Heavy” as indicated by the attached screen shot of their departure strips (the 753 model is classified as “Medium” in the game but in RL it has the heaviest MTOW of them all).  The MTOW for the RL B757 variants range from 255,000 lbs to 273,000 lbs (aircraft that have a MTOW of 300,000 lbs or more are considered a “Heavy” and aircraft with less MTOW are considered a “Medium” or lighter aircraft).  I’ve attached a pdf of the JO’s pages that contain the 757 information and the section that defines aircraft weight and WTC criteria.  I know this a FAA publication, but it does provide the type of aircraft information as displayed on the 757 page for what I imagine is almost every airplane and helicopter in the world (the pub has 564 pages).  If anyone is interested in checking out this pub it can be found online at https://www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/order/order_7360.1.pdf.

B757 Variant Strips.png

JO 7360.1 Pg C12.pdf JO 7630.1 Weight Class Page.pdf