The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D E195 Model E95

Dan1994

Besides EMJ_-EMJ, a rather general entry for 170/175/190/195, there is a separate entry for E195 in airplanes.txt. According to my understanding there should be a model available then.

E195-E95-EMBRAER 195                              -REGIONAL JET

Or do you mean that a model was recycled that is not explicitely an E195?

15 hours ago, EliGrim said:

Besides EMJ_-EMJ, a rather general entry for 170/175/190/195, there is a separate entry for E195 in airplanes.txt. According to my understanding there should be a model available then.

E195-E95-EMBRAER 195                              -REGIONAL JET

Or do you mean that a model was recycled that is not explicitely an E195?

Although the E195  E95  EMBRAER 195 REGIONAL JET  is listed in the airplanes.txt file there is no model for this in the RT airplanes_pack1. manifest file so it will not show up. (see the airplanes_codes tab in my Tower 3D Pro - Real Colors/Aircraft Master List by Airport file sticky listing which details those planes that actually DO NOT have a fuselage body in the game despite them being listed in the each airports airplanes.txt file)                                      

To include the E95 in your schedules, you can add the line

E190-E95-EMBRAER 195                              -REGIONAL JET

into the respective airports airplanes text file.

This will use the E90 model, but allow the game to recognise the E95

2 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

see the airplanes_codes tab in my Tower 3D Pro - Real Colors/Aircraft Master List

Although I've been using your great document for so long now, I've actually never clicked on the last tab. Shame on me!

So, in fact, there is no model in the game, but:

17 minutes ago, hexzed said:

This will use the E90 model, but allow the game to recognise the E95

This raises the question (for me) whether it is really necessary to have a separate model for the E195 in the game. As far as I know, both the E190 and the E195 are available with and without blended winglets (in the real world, not in the game) and apart from the fact that the E195 is apparently 2m longer, which will be hard to see in the 3D view of the game, I, someone who is really not well versed in the differences between the various models, cannot visually notice any difference.
The engines seem to be more efficient on the E195, but even there I can't see any particular visual difference. At least not on the photos I just looked at.

If I can't tell the difference on real photos, how is anyone supposed to tell the difference on the in-game model. (But I should not be the deciding factor here. At a distance I presumably would not even be able to distinguish a Boeing from an Airbus.)
It would be interesting to read from someone who knows the two models well and can say whether it actually makes sense to have a separate model in the game. @hexzed? @Pedantic G?

The E70 and the E75 are the same model in the game, and as @EliGrim says visually there is no real difference. The same would go for the E90 and E95, if the the E95 was added in game.

The real benefit i see in adding a separate model is that you can have 2 different liveries.

However whether this is enough for Gabor to add the model, now, at the 'end' of this version of the game.

• Like 1

@EliGrim, @hexzed

I don't know if you guys knew or not, but the E195 is included in RT ver 28.

E195-E95-EMBRAER 195                              -REGIONAL JET

However, I don't know anything about the accuracy of its model or the differences between it and the E190 model.

I tried the E195 at two of my airports (LAX and PHX) and at both airports it did spawn ok as a white tail.

• Confused 1

Do you have a picture of the model as it appears in game?

You can add any plane in the list and it will appear, but the game will assign it a generic model (based on class assigned) if there is no model assigned in the airplanes_pack1 or airplanes_pack1.manifest.

This is what i believe has happened for you because i just checked v28 airplanes manifest, and there is no xml or prefab for an E195 in the list.

I also checked in game and only a generic model appears for me.

For an example i added this line in the airplane text file

RON_-RON-RONS PLANE                               -WIDE BODY JET

and here is your plane appearing in game 😄

rons.thumb.PNG.edb32444af70daa2dc274bf084171327.PNG

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

Instead of using a random model, I’m relatively sure it uses the far right classification (in this case REGIONAL JET) to assign a generic model if a specific model is not found. 

Good description Craig.. I have "borrowed" this and @hexzedwords to amend the wording in my spreadsheet to specify this 🤗

18 hours ago, hexzed said:

Do you have a picture of the model as it appears in game?

Here it is as requested.

• E195.jpg.thumb.png.67faf014d8f5bb3827902bec57d61dfc.png

18 hours ago, hexzed said:

For an example i added this line in the airplane text file

RON_-RON-RONS PLANE                               -WIDE BODY JET

and here is your plane appearing in game 😄

I like it!  I wonder if I could get my own livery included in a RC texture pack 😄.   I understand what you are saying.  Things like this are helping me to learn more about the inter-workings of the game which I want to do since I like to know how things work.  I appreciate everyone's patience and helpful responses in my endeavors.  Having said that, my next question is how do you view the airplanes_pack1 and airplanes_pack1.manifest files?  So far, I've been unsuccessful in my attempts.

15 minutes ago, Ron C said:

how do you view the airplanes_pack1 and airplanes_pack1.manifest files?

Files with the manifest container can be opened with any text editor. They contain plain text and are basically something like a table of contents of the files without the manifest container. These files on the other hand, the ones without the manifest container, are not supposed to be read by you (or me).

@EliGrim, thanks for the instructions; however, I think I created a problem for myself for opening T!3DP manifest files.  I think I got too fast with my mouse clicking (sort of like "fat fingers" on a key board) trying to open my first file and clinked something apparently involving Steam and now I get the error message shown on the included printscreen every time I try to open one.  Every T!3DP manifest file I have including all my airport DLCs, all the current T!3DP back-ups on my computer, and even the T!3DP back-ups on an external storage device (saved prior to today) have the same symbol before their file name and give the same error message.  I do have a Steam account but all my T!3DP game programs and DLCs have been purchased through FeelThere.  The game still runs OK, but I’d like to at least be able to try viewing a manifest file.  Any ideas/help for me on getting things back to normal?

1487861082_ManifestFileError.thumb.jpg.f54385c28e9785700b201c6a9e357c06.jpg

1 hour ago, Ron C said:

Any ideas/help for me on getting things back to normal?

Probably with the editing of the subkeys for Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.manifest in the Windows Registry.

A bit more user-friendly is as follows:

t3df_mf01.jpg.05b40d6db4e627fcd87ba7347c741829.jpg

Right-click a .manifest file and choose Open with -> Choose another app.

t3df_mf02.jpg.3ff736e5c44f88ccddef877183fbb049.jpg

Click on Show apps.

t3df_mf03.jpg.38df3e800f33ff03562dd7f385c5ae44.jpg

Select or search for the text editor of your choice.
Tick the checkmark for Always use this app to open .manifest files.
Click on OK.

From now on, all .manifest files will be opened with the selected program, when double-clicking on the file name.

You can view the contents of the file with your text editor. However, I strongly advise you not to make any changes to a .manifest file.

4 hours ago, hexzed said:

What program are you using to open the manifest file?

Good question; I was still trying to find one that would work (with my somewhat limited knowledge) when I apparently accidently clicked on the “hl2” icon.

3 hours ago, EliGrim said:

A bit more user-friendly is as follows:

Thank you very much Eli; VLC worked.  I now can view all the manifest files in Notepad.  I’m not planning to edit any T!3DP text or any other files except for the airports’ (including custom schedules) airlines, airports and airplanes text files.  I know I’m not that tech savvy (yet) to go messing around with any other of the T!3DP files unless I get explicit instructions on how to do it from you pros. 
Am I correct in my understanding that the “airplanes_pack1.manifest” file lists all the aircraft that have a specific model in T!3DP?  And if that is so, then the other aircraft in the game are probably depicted as generic models based on their T!3DP body type classifications (e.g., -WIDE BODY JET, -TURBOPROP, etc.)?

16 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Am I correct in my understanding that the “airplanes_pack1.manifest” file lists all the aircraft that have a specific model in T!3DP?  And if that is so, then the other aircraft in the game are probably depicted as generic models based on their T!3DP body type classifications (e.g., -WIDE BODY JET, -TURBOPROP, etc.)?

In a word, yes 😄