The simFlight Network Forums

ANNOUNCING TOWER! SIMULATOR 3

FeelThere_Vic

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope Stuttgart airport will be included with Tower Sim 3 or if nothing else sold as an addon later on. I really like those single runway airports and I do notice Stuttgart is available from Feelthere in MSFS so hopefully a good sign it will be there at some point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Airports: Are you able to spill the beans on what airports will be playable right off the bat besides THT and RDU? Also will the airports have up to date runways and taxiways as they are IRL? 

Aircrafts: Will the aircrafts come with real liveries as well or do we need to purchase "real color" like in Tower 3D?

Will there be small details like cars in the airport parking lot, baggage trucks, cones etc in Tower Sim 3. The reason I ask is because when comparing your MSFS TIST with your Tower Sim 3 version of TIST the latter seem to lack some of the small details that make it look busy and a bit more immersive. Hopefully the shots on the Coming soon page are early development shots of TIST.  

• Upvote 1

MSFS is a flight sim while Tower! Simulator 3 is well a tower simulator 🙂 Different goals. For example the airport model is 95% the same but MSFS has a more realistic physics while we have a much more advanced traffic logic. We are not going to compare Tower to any other simulator as we thing it's one of it's own kind 🙂 

There are a few TIST screenshots on the coming soon page already.

You can get more information, see more screenshots here: 
https://feelthere.com/news/

Vic

Great response Vic! I do have one question about TIST. I just used TIST again after a long time. I wonder how people get to the terminal since there doesn't appear to be any roads leading to it since the terminal is on the far side of the runway. Is there a tunnel ?:).

Look forwards to the new version!

Thank you Folks 🙂
Unfortunately I never been there (maybe a St Thomas department of tourism should take a note of FeelThere's effort promoting this beautiful island and sponsor a field trip for the team 😄 ) but since we use OSM data now, I found out there is a road leading to the terminal just the other side of the runway.

image.thumb.png.dbe88dddbc04c9b49c86d00a2273ceaa.png 

• Like 1

Something that was not mentioned in the Tower 3 coming soon page was if it will support eye and (or) head moving software/hardware like Tobii Eye Tracker or TrackIR. It would perhaps make a bit of sense in a Tower simulator in my opinion where  otherwise you would have to constantly move your eyepoint with the mouse. I see it was discussed back in september 2021 and added by Vic to the wish list.

Tower 3 from the coming soon page looks very promising in my opinion and I will for sure pick it up regardless 🙂  

Tower! Simulator 3 is going to be different. It has a full 3D environment (although you can switch it off and revert to the old style. During testing I use a hybrid solution, running everything in 3D but moving the strips to an external touch screen monitor making the workload very realistic). T!3D never officially supported head tracking devices, they worked by default (I assume the nature of their work makes them compatible with many software mimicking mouse movements).
In Tower! Simulator 3 we use shortcut keys to jump between saved views (you can also customise them). In most of the large airport towers you spend your time watching monitor screens and only occasionally looking outside. This is well simulated in Tower! Simulator 3 We even added scrollable window shades to prevent light shining and reflecting on the glass just like in real life 🙂 

Let me give you Folks another information about something about the new multiplayer mode. Until now you had only ground and tower positions available. Not anymore.

You will have a csv file where you can assign any runway, any terminal to a position with a frequency (in multiplayer mode you will have to use frequencies) and pretty much any number of player can control an airport. Do you want to split north and south? No problem. Do you want to split ground and tower? No problem. Or do you want to combine it and have a north tower, north ground, a south tower and a south ground? No problem either. Oh and you've got another runway that handles cargo traffic only? Assign it to the 5th position! Too busy? Let's split it up even further to ground and tower too and let 6 controller handling a major airport 🙂 Check out the lower left screen on the screenshot.

..and the last bit. We are about to test our multiplayer feature with the beta group. Multiplayer is the last feature on our testing schedule 😉 

Thank you for the excitement Folks, we are doing our best to get it done before... (oh they stopped me to finish my sentence 🙂 ). 

Vic

image.thumb.png.446b0f4c274909eb4bdd63c69737a719.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Very nice image of KRDU Vic 🙂

"In Tower! Simulator 3 we use shortcut keys to jump between saved views". Not as optimal as eye or head tracking I guess but still a way better solution than the good old mouse to move around the outside view.

Not a big fan of those large airports so my eyes will still be out that window fairly often for sure.

Looking forward to Tower 3 and the ambition with before............ "This weekend" 🙂 🙂

One quick question;

From the second-to-last screenshot I gather, that tags are about the same distance from the plane as in T!3D. Will this distance change when scaling the tag size? In T!3D It seemed to stay the same, therefore making a quick tag-plane connection in areas with many planes - where tags are likely to be resized - harder.

Also, I literally leapt out of joy when reading about multiple positions and frequencies, great work.

And just to take part in the guessing game; before.... January?

Thank you so much Folks for the excitement. I promise not to bother with more screenshots today 🙂
Mikced, although we didn't test, but I can't see why not the existing head tracking would not work with Tower! Simulator 3. I'm not saying it will work, as we never tested it, but T!3D wasn't built in compatibility in mind ether. 
Raging, sorry but I don't understand, please explain.

image.thumb.png.a8af27cb74189d7567fe3b5beae15d44.png

In T!3D, the distance from the plane to the callsign on the Adirs stays constant with different text scales

grafik.pnggrafik.png

This is fine, as long as you are zoomed in quite far. But on bigger airports, One wooms out quite far on the Adirs. This is the result;

grafik.pnggrafik.png

Depending on the zoom level, many planes can now fit in-between the tag and the actual plane the tag is refering to. This, combined with the - very short - line that doesn't reach from the tag to the plane can make it difficult to identify which tag belongs to which plane if there are many in one area.

I'd love to see
A) A longer line that actually extends all the way to the tag and/or
B) An option to change how far the tag is from the airplane

I hope, this clears it up

• 2 weeks later...

Look at that! A cozy tower cabin instead of being always outside in the elements, because ATC is such a tough job that anyone should not have to be outside especially when it's raining😆 . The new graphics look amazing too! Big step-up from Tower!3D . I can't wait!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"while we have a much more advanced traffic logic"

Like the last one where by crossing runways was illogical that planes would take off and cause minus points on the air traffic controller ... even though it wasn't them at fault?

This "new" sim seems more like bug fixes to Tower 3D; than an actual new sim. I'm going to wait before even thinking of purchasing this.

Has it been confirmed that FeelThere will continue to support development and bug fixing of the base game throughout DLC releases?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Dear Folks,

We are moving the air traffic control support to https://discord.gg/M27pyHZgBw If you don't have Discord or you don't wish to use it you can contact us at https://feelthere.zendesk.com/

We are not providing official support anywhere else so please don't expect replies from the FeelThere team here.

Thank you

Vic