The simFlight Network Forums

ANNOUNCING TOWER! SIMULATOR 3

FeelThere_Vic

Ah, finally. Really looking forward to the release, whenever that may be. Can't help but feel (no pun intended) that our little community will play a part in helping make Tower 3 great. Thanks for the info Vic, can't wait for updates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, nolan_4_wilson said:

Any more updates?

According to FeelThere, ""We also plan to release more information, features and screenshots regularly so it's a good idea to follow us by signing up to our newsletter, following us on social media or visit https://feelthere.com/news/ often."

So, I'd recommend doing one or more of the above to know if/when there are "any more updates".

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 9:35 AM, MJKERR said:

This may be helpful

I started with Tower 2011
However my computer would not run Tower 3D

I purchased a new computer to run Tower 3D

Could you please provide details for the minimum computer specification required?
This may be useful in advance for anyone with computer systems that would be border line or would not be able to operate the next version

Today or sometimes in the next few days we will publish our September Development blog (yes, yes I know it's late a bit, but we wanted to show you some cool new feature instead of just another set of screenshots of the airport).

Before you comment them, please note these are WIPs so more function will come. In this blog edition we will just introduce these new things (it's so difficult for me to call them "things" instead of .... ah, you'll see them soon 🙂 ) but we wont go into the details. However if you will look at them closely you'll see so many requests from the wishlist, that we already implemented. 

To answer your "will my computer run it" question; I use the same computer to test the unoptimized (it will be optimized for the release but during development there is no point to do it until the latest stages) Tower! Simulator 3 that I used to test T!3D airports and so far I don't see too much difference in fps. I test it with graphics on max settings. 

Thank you

Vic

• 3 months later...

Thank you so much for the interest. In the past few months we worked on things that aren't visual, difficult to show anything new. Please trust me we will show you something new as soon as we can (as a matter of fact sometimes I sneak out information that I'm not supposed to against the will of the team 😉 ).

Vic

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, BeAware said:

Any idea of release date yet

Airport 2011
Airport 3D
Airport III

It has now been over 13 months since the first details
I am going for 2032

I would expect a three month "Here it comes, release date" notice
I have recently created a Steam Account
I noted the trade account requires a minimum three month notice for new releases, just saying

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, MJKERR said:

It has now been over 13 months since the first details
I am going for 2032

I would expect a three month "Here it comes, release date" notice
I have recently created a Steam Account
I noted the trade account requires a minimum three month notice for new releases, just saying

So this thread was not created to say high game is releasing soon... It was to let the dedicated community know they have started development on the project.  Sure dev likely started before they let us all know (based on the feed back and Wishlist threads) they had to sort that out, organize, plan and get started.  The other threads showing off their progress detail they are / have been building the tools and systems to make the game work and are still in process on that.  

Since things are still in flight with building the tools and designing the systems and how things will work no point in setting a target date to crunch towards and release an incomplete or feature missing product.  Or annoy the fans looking forward to it.  Smaller team with a lot of work to get through. 

I do expect a release date to be something more tangible once they are closer to running an alpha test on their completed system and tools.  Perhaps sooner, perhaps later.  They are sharing some good info very early on in the process but have never said release is around the corner.  IMO with zero knowledge of their roadmaps, true progress etc I would not expect the game until into 2024 at the earliest. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Folks, we are pretty busy with the development and we were a bit quiet. So first of all let me give you some information about the release date. We have an internal release date planned and it's for this year for sure (I mean it's surely planned for this year 🙂 ).
Also on Steam we don't need 3 months for a release, so it should not give you any relevant expectations. 
Please let me post one of my favourite screenshot of the game. 
image.thumb.png.f990f04128de516f4ba5bfd1ba06fb52.png

Thank you so much for your excitement, we are working very hard to deliver Tower! Simulator 3 as soon as we can.

Vic

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, scoobflight said:

As Vic has stated many times -

"... follow us by signing up to our newsletter, following us on social media or visit https://feelthere.com/news"

Development pictures are also shared on FB and Instagram.

Take a chill pill. I have been checking the news link and the latest post was 6/22/22. I don't do instagram and there have been no updates on the FB page. That is why I asked.

• Sad 1

Dear Folks,

The reason of our quietness is because we don't have much "new" news too share 🙂 Tower Simulator 3 is now officially in beta. First we test ourselves to iron out many of the obvious bugs, then our existing beta team will receive it for further testing. I know I'm expected to drop some news (and who follows us long enough know, I can't really keep my mouth shut 🙂 ) so here we go; first time in Tower's history we will have live weather (of course we will have presets too). It will be a very new thing and (as we learned already) there are so many other things than just reading the metar, this feature will likely will stay beta even after the full product's release and stay like that (the rest of the product wont stay in beta of course). We would like to finetune this feature but it's a project within the project kind of things so I'm sure it will be changed and fixed throughout the main product's timeline. 

Thank you

Vic

• Like 4