The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC7 Trial license - available here

John Dowson

On 8/31/2023 at 9:36 AM, aimoii said:

Hi, I would need to test if FSUIPC7 works with Pilot's Deck/Stream Deck, as it requires FSUIPC7 / license as well

Note that it does not need a registered/licensed Copy of FSUIPC per-se.
But some pre-made Profiles do indeed need that because they use Lua-Scripts. (Even without a licensed Copy, some/most of the Functionality of such Profiles are still working - the ones not using Scripts)

So it really depends on what you are using it for! 😉

• Like 1

Hi there,

Just wondered if it would be possible to request a trial licence?  

I suspect it's an issue with my computer but have tried to install FSUIPC7 on a brand new laptop a couple of times (Windows 11) and it doesn't seem to want to accept my registration details.  

I've used the FSUIPC7 uninstall to ensure a clean removal of the existing install before trying to reinstall again a couple of times.

I've cut and pasted from the SimMarket site and tried to create my own key with those details but doesn't seem to want to work.

Just wondered if trying a trial licence is worth a go to see if it's an issue in the background of my laptop rather than the registration details?

Simmarket Order Number is3292762

Many thanks,

Rich Chester

Edited by Richard Chester

2 minutes ago, Richard Chester said:

I suspect it's an issue with my computer but have tried to install FSUIPC7 on a brand new laptop a couple of times (Windows 11) and it doesn't seem to want to accept my registration details.  

Please see the provided Installation and Registration guide, section Invalid Key Problems. You will need to install the latest combined VC++ redistributables.

11 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Please see the provided Installation and Registration guide, section Invalid Key Problems. You will need to install the latest combined VC++ redistributables.

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply and I'll double check but I'm fairly sure it has the latest VC++ 

Will double check and let you know if that's the case and further help is needed.

Many thanks,

Rich

2 minutes ago, Richard Chester said:

Thanks for the quick reply and I'll double check but I'm fairly sure it has the latest VC++ 

It may have the latest VC++ libraries installed, but it won't have the latest combined package which is the one needed....this is always the issue that people have with new PCs/laptops...

John

18 minutes ago, Richard Chester said:

Thanks, will try again and report back if no luck.

Rich

Thanks John, the latest 2022 VC++ redistributables (for both x64 and x86) were installed on the system but I guess it must've been a bad install on the VC++ from the factory.  Reinstalled them and FSUIPC7 has registered this time around.

Rich

1 minute ago, Richard Chester said:

the latest 2022 VC++ redistributables (for both x64 and x86) were installed on the system but I guess it must've been a bad install on the VC++ from the factory.

No - the combined package also installs the latest VC++ redistributables for 2015, 2017 and 2019. The registration checker is an older utility, used by the installer, which requires the 2019 (or maybe 2017) redistributables, which is why you need to install the latest combined package.

1 hour ago, John Dowson said:

No - the combined package also installs the latest VC++ redistributables for 2015, 2017 and 2019. The registration checker is an older utility, used by the installer, which requires the 2019 (or maybe 2017) redistributables, which is why you need to install the latest combined package.

Thanks, just to advise though, the process I undertook prior to posting on here was to follow your document, using Add/Remove Programs to remove the existing VC++ then downloaded the 2022 x86 and x64 combined...  

It didn't work the first time for some reason (not FSUIPC related, there must've been something latent that didn't remove correctly the first time around when attempting to remove VC++)  so I removed them again after posting on this thread under your advice and on the second time around installing the VC++ combined, it worked.

Thanks for the help and I'm pleased to say it is now working.

15 hours ago, Richard Chester said:

then downloaded the 2022 x86 and x64 combined...  

But its not 2022 x86 and x64 combined, it is 2015, 2017, 2019 & 2022 combined, with separate packages for x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit).

Not sure what your initial issue was, but glad its now working... But, this is not the place for such issues anyway, which have also been reported many many times before and always with the same resolution. This topic is for requesting a trial license only....

John