The simFlight Network Forums

up to date airport configurations?

feistymartini

so one airport LAX i normally like playing on the airport configuration is not correct...theres a new terminal there and some taxiways were added to the airport IRL.. is there files that makes sure that each airport in game are up to date and correct to what they are currently in real life?

6 hours ago, feistymartini said:

so one airport LAX i normally like playing on the airport configuration is not correct...theres a new terminal there and some taxiways were added to the airport IRL.. is there files that makes sure that each airport in game are up to date and correct to what they are currently in real life?

They stopped updating the airports like 2 years ago 

8 minutes ago, crbascott said:

@feistymartini Unfortunately FeelThere released old versions of the airports without providing any editing/tools. KLAX appears to be circa-2010 and KPHL is even older.

@Braf123456’s comment is slightly inaccurate. I can only think of one airport (KJFK) where they actually added new taxiways after the initial release. 

is there something to update it here in the forum or somewhere?

5 hours ago, crbascott said:

@feistymartini Unfortunately FeelThere released old versions of the airports without providing any editing/tools. KLAX appears to be circa-2010 and KPHL is even older.

@Braf123456’s comment is slightly inaccurate. I can only think of one airport (KJFK) where they actually added new taxiways after the initial release. 

Oh yeah I forgotten about jfk 

On 1/12/2022 at 5:10 PM, crbascott said:

Lesson learned, the new version will have all kind of tools to modify pretty much anything.

@FeelThere_Vic Not announcing a release date until it is definite makes sense to me. But where would you say you are: in early, mid or late stages of development? A rough estimate would be great so that the potential buyer gets a general idea if it's more like 6 months or 6 years until release.
It would be helpful since there is virtually no information coming from you and the sporadic blogposts are not very substantial so far. This makes it quite challenging to maintain interest in the project over a longer period of time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/18/2022 at 2:25 PM, EliGrim said:

@FeelThere_Vic Not announcing a release date until it is definite makes sense to me. But where would you say you are: in early, mid or late stages of development? A rough estimate would be great so that the potential buyer gets a general idea if it's more like 6 months or 6 years until release.
It would be helpful since there is virtually no information coming from you and the sporadic blogposts are not very substantial so far. This makes it quite challenging to maintain interest in the project over a longer period of time.

Sorry for the late answer, I was (in fact I'm) on sick leave. I never been in the past 9 years so this is a new and pretty disappointing experience 🙂

Back to your question. Until summer we worked on most of the visual aspect of the game and now it's more about the new commands, etc. It's very difficult at this stage to predict even the month of the release. Just to give you an example; we thought we locked the editors last spring. However we noticed one step (creating realistic terrain) took us weeks of hard work with a result we weren't too happy with. So our programmer suggested something that we check right now that would reduce this step to a couple of hours while providing a much more realistic look. The programming will take a few weeks and our artists need to create new materials as well. This single task the the schedule off by a few weeks. If we would be under a deadline pressure we would've voted against it. Now we had the freedom to add this (or at least try to add) feature which will benefit everyone in the future trying to create airports for T!S3. 
So if we would say we plan to release it in Qx or Qx then we would either create an unnecessary pressure that would force us to take shortcuts or if we would miss the projected deadline I'm sure you've seen those "you told us", "you promised us", etc comments. 

I fully understand your point but at this time this is all I can say. However we are planning to leak some information about what will be customisable in T!S3. 

Thank you

Vic

• Thanks 1

I will not fuel speculation by naming a specific year or month. However, your remarks give a rough idea about the current state of development. Thank you very much for that and don't feel pressured. I at least would rather have a great game later than a crappy one tomorrow.

Thanks again and get well soon.

• Like 3

Thank you so much.

This week we plan to give you some look of the electronic flight strip and how much it would be customisable. We are not talking about just colors, but instead you will be able to set up columns, automate actions (instead of manually dragging it, which you still can, you can just click on the GO button and it will move the strip to a pre-defined position) and save all these setups for each airport. If everything goes as planned we will also show the new ground radar as well.

• Like 2