The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Pro

Russellfire

Excellent!    How many positions is it possible to have in one multiplayer session?  That is to say, at a busy facility like KLAX could there be one ground controller for the south side and one for the north side?  Likewise, can different players be responsible for managing individual runways, or is that beyond the scope of the game?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Avwriter said:

Excellent!    How many positions is it possible to have in one multiplayer session?  That is to say, at a busy facility like KLAX could there be one ground controller for the south side and one for the north side?  Likewise, can different players be responsible for managing individual runways, or is that beyond the scope of the game?

Unfortunately it will be local and ground. 

Folks,

Please don't hate me if we fail to deliver this (not a) promise, but I can't keep my mouth shout; we are looking to release Tower!3D Pro in February.
The biggest task (the multimonitor) is now solved (just an insider info; this is the only reason we couldn't release the product late last year), we have only one task left; make Real Traffic and color to work with the multiplayer mode (which we believe should not take more than a couple of days). We will then run another beta cycle but I expect I will be busy checking installers and graphics around the end of next weekend :)
We are already working on T!3DP's Steam page :) It will be released by us so each SP we release on our website will hit Steam the same time.

About the multimonitor: it will work similar to MSFS; you will be able to undock them and freely move and resize them. Even better you can have one undocked and one docked of the same radar so you can zoom into two parts of the same airports independently.

All airport add-ons should work with PRO right away.

I can also confirm T!3DP's price is planned to be in T!2011 multi's price range. Please don't (yet) ask me about possible upgrade prices as this is something is still up in the air.  We are checking so many things before I can confirm or deny an upgrade option.

Vic

On 2/8/2017 at 0:51 PM, FeelThere said:

Folks,

Please don't hate me if we fail to deliver this (not a) promise, but I can't keep my mouth shout; we are looking to release Tower!3D Pro in February.
The biggest task (the multimonitor) is now solved (just an insider info; this is the only reason we couldn't release the product late last year), we have only one task left; make Real Traffic and color to work with the multiplayer mode (which we believe should not take more than a couple of days). We will then run another beta cycle but I expect I will be busy checking installers and graphics around the end of next weekend :)
We are already working on T!3DP's Steam page :) It will be released by us so each SP we release on our website will hit Steam the same time.

About the multimonitor: it will work similar to MSFS; you will be able to undock them and freely move and resize them. Even better you can have one undocked and one docked of the same radar so you can zoom into two parts of the same airports independently.

All airport add-ons should work with PRO right away.

I can also confirm T!3DP's price is planned to be in T!2011 multi's price range. Please don't (yet) ask me about possible upgrade prices as this is something is still up in the air.  We are checking so many things before I can confirm or deny an upgrade option.

Vic

. Good luck this weekend, Vic, as you put the final pieces in place.  We look (hopefully) forward to good news next week.

On 2/17/2017 at 0:55 PM, Flightsimpilot said:

Will Real Traffic installers pickup Pro rather than seeing Tower3d.come to think about it what of  the other installers for the RealColour etc

Installing the add-ons, Real Color, Real Traffic, or additional airports should not be a problem, just select the directory you want it installed in.

Directory.JPG.dc63c18d84361c52def18c49c1251c80.JPG

Or copy your "C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D\Extensions" folder to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower 3D Pro" directory.

RickyJ

On 2/5/2017 at 9:46 PM, Russellfire said:

I'm so looking forward to this product. A new era in atc simulation with multi-screen and voice recognition with the 3D feeling. I feel It's a product that has taken years to come on the market with such detail. A big well done to all involved.

When is the pro version going to come out? I'm really waiting it! 

Hahaha, very close :) IF everything goes as planned we are talking about a couple of hours from now.
One thing; the add-on airports (and Nyerges Design's RT and RC add-ons) were built by an older version of the engine and they are not compatible with this newer version. Naturally we updated them and uploading them soon. Unfortunately all PRO customers will need to re-download and re-install the new add-ons (free of charge of course). 
Once we see Pro is stable as we promised earlier a SP for the non pro will be released using this newever version so from that point everything will be compatible with everything :) Until then the add-ons will come in two versions in a zip file; one for pro and one for the non-pro version.

If it doesn't make sense, please let me know; this is my 37th hour without sleep :)

Vic

32 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Hahaha, very close :) IF everything goes as planned we are talking about a couple of hours from now.
One thing; the add-on airports (and Nyerges Design's RT and RC add-ons) were built by an older version of the engine and they are not compatible with this newer version. Naturally we updated them and uploading them soon. Unfortunately all PRO customers will need to re-download and re-install the new add-ons (free of charge of course). 
Once we see Pro is stable as we promised earlier a SP for the non pro will be released using this newever version so from that point everything will be compatible with everything :) Until then the add-ons will come in two versions in a zip file; one for pro and one for the non-pro version.

If it doesn't make sense, please let me know; this is my 37th hour without sleep :)

Vic

37 hours with no sleep?  This sounds like the perfect opportunity to toss out a challenge ;-)    Once Pro is released, I hope you will join some multiplayer sessions with us?  Perhaps you might agree that whoever gets the highest score will win free KATL?